• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Chicago fans don't want Hossa

Rate this topic

Actually, many of us here (including myself) were all against Holland resigning Hossa due to costing us our depth and better players such as Franzen and/or Zetterberg (pre-signings). It appears Blackhawks are now shopping Sharp

[ http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=307060 ]. <--- expect to see a lot of good players on the Blackhawks being shopped. They're going to be facing a salary cap from hell.

You seem to have selective memory. I seem to remember you posing a number of different salary structures that Holland should propose to Hossa in order to keep him.

Ah yes, here are a couple of examples but I don't have the time to look for any more.

"Holland can make 6 million work for 8 years and extend his contract to 12 years. This way the last 4 years will be nickles that brings the cap hit down.

7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.0mil, 6.5mil, 6.0mil, 4.5mil, 3.5mil, 2.5mil, 1mil, 1mil = 62 million / 5.15 cap hit

^Just an example. You can work the numbers any way you want, but the last 2 years will be the drop off point."

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...59606&st=20

"9, 7, 6, 5, 3.5, 3, 2.5, 2, 1, 1 = $40m over 10 years

Or sign him 12 years at a 3.5 cap hit."

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...59606&st=60

You posted these in another thread. It doesn't sound like you're opposed to Hossa signing with the Wings here.

For some reason, people are acting like jilted high schoolers with the Hossa situation. We knew going in that it was probably going to be a one year marriage. People need to get over it, he's gone.

You seem to have selective memory. I seem to remember you posing a number of different salary structures that Holland should propose to Hossa in order to keep him.

Ah yes, here are a couple of examples but I don't have the time to look for any more.

"Holland can make 6 million work for 8 years and extend his contract to 12 years. This way the last 4 years will be nickles that brings the cap hit down.

7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.5mil, 7.0mil, 6.5mil, 6.0mil, 4.5mil, 3.5mil, 2.5mil, 1mil, 1mil = 62 million / 5.15 cap hit

^Just an example. You can work the numbers any way you want, but the last 2 years will be the drop off point."

You posted these in another thread. It doesn't sound like you're opposed to Hossa signing with the Wings here.

For some reason, people are acting like jilted high schoolers with the Hossa situation. We knew going in that it was probably going to be a one year marriage. People need to get over it, he's gone.

Some of Detroit fans are equal to Pen's fans...

Because someone posts in a thread about salary structure doesn't make them want said player. You're ignorant if you think otherwise. For the record, I NEVER wanted Hossa back at the cost of our depth. But I am guilty of finding some enjoyment in working numbers. I'm also happy Hudler is gone, never was a fan of him either.

Reading comprehensions isn't hard, you people should sue your school system. You should definitely get your lunch money back at the very least.

I was at the grocery store earlier today, and I saw Hossa steal a candy bar from a little kid. Then he kicked the kid's grandma and flipped off the checker. The person behind me said "aren't you glad that guy isn't on the Wings anymore?"

Boy, don't you know it. Grandma-kickin' *******. <_<

Damn right it's charming. Better recognize. That said, I think it's really quite hilarious that the person who has been insulting people left and right wants to "talk hockey" and keep the off-topic stuff to the Water Cooler. As if insults are germane to hockey conversation.

Big fat LULZ in your direction, good sir.

Damn right it's charming. Better recognize. That said, I think it's really quite hilarious that the person who has been insulting people left and right wants to "talk hockey" and keep the off-topic stuff to the Water Cooler. As if insults are germane to hockey conversation.

Big fat LULZ in your direction, good sir.

I understand that you always need to have the last word on this forum. I'll let you have it for the sake of sanity. ;)

Guest Four
Hossa a jinx? Do they realize they haven't won anyways in almost 50 years?

Two wrongs dont make a right..

Havlet 29G 48A 77P +29

Hossa 40G 31A 71P +27

And Havlet wasn't playing with Dats.

kinda picking pepper out of monkey s*** here....

Not everyone to play with Dats put up 70 + points a season....

If we could of gotten Hoss under the cap he would be here and this would not even be a topic worth talking about..STILL

I like the fact that it was brought up that they havent won squat in 50 years and they call Hoss a jinx ... funny stuff...

Interesting that the guy that wrote the article thinks that Aucoin, Cullimore and Khabibulin lack character???Anyone know why he would think that????

Edited by beepbeep

And everyone knows he scores 0 goals when it matters...

btw, Havlat had 15-points to Hossa's 15-points in the playoffs, and Havlat played 7 less games and wasn't on a line with the likes of Datsyuk. Mmmhmm

To be fair, Hossa wasn't on a line with the likes of Datsyuk, either. He was just on a line with some Russian in a Datsyuk jersey.

That is just too funny. Blackhawks fans Don't want Hossa. I guess after everything that has happened over the past couple seasons Hossa has become more of a laughing stock. I wish him the best of luck but I don't see him getting a Cup in Chicago anytime soon. Like I said to all my family and hockey friends Hossa has a window to win the Cup with the Hawks. He has next season and then 4 to 5 seasons after once the team rebuilds. That is how I feel, I may be wrong though.

That is just too funny. Blackhawks fans Don't want Hossa. I guess after everything that has happened over the past couple seasons Hossa has become more of a laughing stock. I wish him the best of luck but I don't see him getting a Cup in Chicago anytime soon.

For what it's worth, he's not a rental anymore and he's not hitching onto some other team's bandwagon.

When ever I mention Hossa to my friend (he's a Blackhawk fan), he always tell my to stfu, lol. I was like, why do you hate Hossa? He said he doesn't like the fact that the Hawks took him over Havlat, and he agrees Hossa disappears in the playoffs. Funny thing is his dad is a bandwagon Blackhawks fan and was giving me crap about when Hossa lost in the Cup final against his former team and sent me a text message saying, "tell Hossa he went to the wrong team. Hossa SUCKS woohoo!". Then I break to the news to my friend that Hossa signed with the Blackhawks for 12 years and I asked him what his dad thought and he dad was like, "For real? Awesome".

To be fair, Hossa wasn't on a line with the likes of Datsyuk, either. He was just on a line with some Russian in a Datsyuk jersey.

High five. Everyone hates Hossa for losing the cup for us, but everyone forgets about the horrible playoffs Datsyuk had as well.

That is just too funny. Blackhawks fans Don't want Hossa. I guess after everything that has happened over the past couple seasons Hossa has become more of a laughing stock. I wish him the best of luck but I don't see him getting a Cup in Chicago anytime soon. Like I said to all my family and hockey friends Hossa has a window to win the Cup with the Hawks. He has next season and then 4 to 5 seasons after once the team rebuilds. That is how I feel, I may be wrong though.

Hossa's window is already closing before they even begin the season.

They lost:

Havlat = 29g 48A 77pts

[Potentially losing] Sharp = 26g 18assists 44pts in only 62 games. He's a 60pt producer when playing a full season. And he plays both ends of the ice (and has heart)

Pahlsson = 7g 11a 18pts

---------

Lost 139pts per season

Gained:

Hossa = 40g 31assists 71pts

Kopecky = 6g 13a 19pts

Madden = 7g 16a 23pts

--------

Gained 113pts per season

Which means they lost 26pts overall. And they lost significantly with goaltending. Not to mention the circus in their management in chi-town.

I hope Hossa wins the cup someday, but I doubt it'll be with Chicago.

High five. Everyone hates Hossa for losing the cup for us, but everyone forgets about the horrible playoffs Datsyuk had as well.

Why the f*** do bandwagon fans try to pin a loss on one player? Last time I checked, hockey was a TEAM sport. Wow, some people here have 0 intelligence; failed logic. Also, I haven't read any posts from anyone "hating" Hossa (from any thread I read). He was a rental, plain and simple! Get over it!

edit: People need to stop trying to twist bitterness in every ******* thread. It's getting old!

Edited by Snazzy

Because someone posts in a thread about salary structure doesn't make them want said player. You're ignorant if you think otherwise. For the record, I NEVER wanted Hossa back at the cost of our depth. But I am guilty of finding some enjoyment in working numbers. I'm also happy Hudler is gone, never was a fan of him either.

Reading comprehensions isn't hard, you people should sue your school system. You should definitely get your lunch money back at the very least.

FYI, I've got a Masters Degree in reading and I'm working on finishing my Masters in writing also. I believe I can comprehend reading quite well. I've been teaching English for 15 years and according to the meap and the mme (tests given to students) I seem to do it quite well. Maybe that still makes me "ignorant" as you say.

For example, in this post you say Hossa "Should" re-sign. I guess with my poor reading comprehension skills what you REALLY meant by that was "I NEVER want him back." Makes perfect sense.

Quote by Snazzy:

"I don't think we need to make any big changes. Hossa should resign with us for cheap. I think Hudler should go so we can get more weight on the team."

"If you can land a player of Hossa's caliber for 4 - 5 million, you do it! "

On topic:

Chicago will love Hossa during the regular season, just like most of us did here on lgw. For those who don't remember, there were a number of threads about keeping Hossa and even some that said Hossa should be kept over Franzen. He will put up very good numbers as always. It will be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs when his time and space are taken away again. I find it odd that he had one very successful playoff run and a bunch of bad ones. I don't agree with snazzy often and find his posts to be inflammatory, but he's right in the sense that Chicago hasn't really improved themselves much, if at all.

Hossa>Havlat

Khabibulin>Huet

Pahlsson>Madden

I just don't see how so many people are automatically putting these guys in the Finals. Personally, I worry about the Ducks and the Sharks (I know they are chokers, but it seems like eventually they'd break through) more than the Hawks.

Edited by therock48880