• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Dany Heatley a possibility?

Rate this topic

Obviously he wants out of Ottawa. We have a situation right now with Hudler where we might accept whatever the arbitor says, then we could easily trade Hudler. We may have to add something else into the deal. But it seams to make some sense. Heatley can play either wing, and if there is one thing we need it's a winger. Seams like it would be a perfect fit. Does anyone think there is a chance?? Or do the numbers just not work?

I would love to see Heatley in the winged wheel.

Heatley makes almost twice what Hudler is asking for. To fit Heatley into the Wings' salary structure, you either have to trade one of:

Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Rafalski

Or you have to trade two of:

Franzen, Stuart, Filppula, Kronwall, Cleary

And that's with Heatley as the only player coming back.

Who's in?

Heatley makes almost twice what Hudler is asking for. To fit Heatley into the Wings' salary structure, you either have to trade one of:

Who's in?

What if we packaged Hudler with Stuart? Other then big hits, I was very displeased with his play all year long (including playoffs). I forget how much Stuart makes, so maybe the numbers won't work there either. But I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Who's in?

I'd trade Hudler and Rafalski if the offer came up. That'll free up some cap space (up to possibly 3M) and would give the wings a chance to get a bit younger on the blue line perhaps.

I'd trade Hudler and Rafalski if the offer came up. That'll free up some cap space (up to possibly 3M) and would give the wings a chance to get a bit younger on the blue line perhaps.

Rafalski has a no-trade clause, so unless he wants to go play for Ottawa the deal won't happen. So you can count this as no deal. Especially since the Sens take on more salary than they lose in this situation.

What if we packaged Hudler with Stuart? Other then big hits, I was very displeased with his play all year long (including playoffs). I forget how much Stuart makes, so maybe the numbers won't work there either. But I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Ottawa wouldn't

Heatley isn't even remotely a possibility.

Think about it. If the Wings were willing to move substantial salary to make room for a scoring winger, why not sign Hossa at $5.2 million (the deal he got from Chicago) instead of trading for Heatley at $7.5 million?

Obviously he wants out of Ottawa. We have a situation right now with Hudler where we might accept whatever the arbitor says, then we could easily trade Hudler. We may have to add something else into the deal. But it seams to make some sense. Heatley can play either wing, and if there is one thing we need it's a winger. Seams like it would be a perfect fit. Does anyone think there is a chance?? Or do the numbers just not work?

I would love to see Heatley in the winged wheel.

I really don't think there is enough money under the cap. I've been hearing Edmonton,I think they have more money available to work with.