• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings Fan in Aves Country

What is the likelihood...

Rate this topic

I have been reading on here about the possibility of a lot of free agents, and have not seen one about Alex Tanguay (thank you for posting the links to the threads I missed or did not see).

He is coming off a couple so-so seasons, and could be looking for a one-year deal where he can increase his value for next summer. An opportunity to play for the Wings could certainly do that.

So, what do you think?

Supposedly a deal is set in place for him to go to Florida, or possibly the Islanders. I believe he is looking for 5 million a year or more.

yeah, i read about Florida and NYI, but i never really trust rumors until they're complete, just because things can change quickly...

if he is asking for 5mil, then whatever--he is not worth it at this point

i just know that tanguay has got skill and is kind of soft, so he seemed a good fit for the wings...i hope we don't miss out waiting for hudler's arbitration meeting

thanks for the reply

yeah, i read about Florida and NYI, but i never really trust rumors until they're complete, just because things can change quickly...

if he is asking for 5mil, then whatever--he is not worth it at this point

i just know that tanguay has got skill and is kind of soft, so he seemed a good fit for the wings...i hope we don't miss out waiting for hudler's arbitration meeting

thanks for the reply

Not only not worth it, but Detroit couldn't afford him if they wanted to do so.

I don't see this happening. Even taking his off years into consideration, I do not seeing taking a deal for less than a 3 million cap hit, which still puts him out of our price range. Also, as has been pointed out, the Hudler situation has significantly tied our hands, so the likelyhood of the Red Wings making any moves whatsoever, especially adding a high profile free agent for that kind of money, is remote. Not that I would mind seeing Tanguay broght in, I think he could be made to fit our system, but I really don't see it happening. Regardless of how the Hudler situation plays out, I doubt the Wings will bring in anyone for more than a million dollar cap hit, which means it will likely be a grit/energy guy to play on the 3rd/4th lines, and they will likely invite a few reclamation projects (ala Dan Cleary) to camp for a non-roster tryout. :crosses fingers: Mark Bell :crosses fingers:

overrated

tanguay hasn't had a really good season since leaving the avs. sakic and forsberg carried him to his point totals cause they can put the puck in the net. he's ok, but nothing to get excited about.

Actually his best year in his career was 3 years ago with the flames. The first year after he left Colorado. Career high in assists and points.

Not enough production for the money he's looking at ($5M). I agree with an earlier post, Wings won't be making any moves until after July 30 (Hudler's arbitration hearing). I don't think that hurts us much as someone we may sign in lieu of Hudler will most likely still be there.

I'm still looking at Malhotra as a possibility. . . just my opinion.

My guess is Holland will likely sign a player that very few of us are familiar with his name, and he'll be a hard working cheap paid player. He'll be determined after camp.

Guest E_S_A_D

Considering Tanguay is exactly what the Wings DO NOT NEED? I say chances are good.

Considering Tanguay is exactly what the Wings DO NOT NEED? I say chances are good.

I hope Holland continues to sign the players who you say "what the Wings DO NOT NEED" as long as the trend continues to bring President Trophies, Stanley Cups, and Championship rings. I like players "Wings DO NOT NEED" because it means winning a lot. Not a bad trade off, wouldn't you say?

That said, Holland isn't going to sign a name that is familiar or 'known'. He'll likely sign a hard working player after camp.