• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NGKEIB

Tre Kronor at the Olympics

Rate this topic

I've seen threads about U.S.A.'s, Canada's and Russia's prospective teams, so I thought that I should start one for Sweden - certainly more relevant when taking into account the number of Swedes who play for Detroit. N.B. - I have left a few people out, for various reasons. If, say, Sundin signed somewhere and had a great season, I still wouldn't list him as he said that he was done playing for Tre Kronor. I'm not sure if Lidström has said the same, and while it would be nice to have him rested for the post-season, he's too good to leave out. Holmström, however, does not feature in my team.

Franzén-Zetterberg-Huselius (Stumped for the right winger on this line... Any ideas? I like the other lines as they are. Could always be Holmström I guess...)

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson (Putting the Sedins together is a no-brainer, and I'm assuming that Sammy might have developed some kind of chemistry with them. If not, put him with Franzén and Zetterberg, and put a more physical player [by Swedish standards] with the Sedins to make some room.)

Axelsson-Påhlsson-Alfredsson (They've played together in Frölunda and on the national team, and were in my opinion our most important line in 2006. Great shut-down line, and Alfredsson can score.)

Eriksson-Bäckström-Berglund (Young guns. Put the best set-up man with two good scorers.)

Holmström (What the hell.)

Lidström-Kronvall (No-brainer)

Öhlund-Hedman (I'm thinking that these two will get along together in Tampa. K. Jönsson is not included, as I believe that he has retired now. If Hedman doesn't look ready, put in someone like Edler - he'll know Öhlund from Vancouver.)

Oduya-Enström (This one posed a problem. To go for bruisers à la Lilja and Murray, or puck-movers like Strålman, or solid guys like Hävelid... Not sure about this.)

Murray (Only because he was so much fun in the Worlds - big hits, knocking out Morozov etc.)

Franzén-Bäckström-Zetterberg-Lidström-Kronvall

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson-Enström-Alfredsson

Axelsson-Påhlsson-Lidström-Kronvall

Zetterberg-Franzén-Öhlund-Hedman

Lundqvist

Liv/Gustafsson

Liv/Gustafsson

What do you think? These are only composed of NHLers (except for goalies). I'm sure that there will be a few SELers on there.

Guest mindfly

It will probably look something like this

Franzen-Zetterberg-Eriksson

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson

Huselius-Backstrom-Alfredsson

Sjostrom-Pahlsson-Axelsson

Weinhandl

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Ohlund-Ericsson

Oduya-Johnsson

Murray

Lundqvist

Gustavsson

(top two lines, keep teammates/clubs together, a third line that might as well be a 1st line, a fourth line with dedicated skilled grinders who sacrifice their bodies)

(Ericsson is a questionmark but if he continue to improve he should make this team, Hedman is too young, Johnsson probably wont play for tre kronor he is more of a family guy but if he feels he wants to he's a solid D, plays almost 30min per night for Minnesota)

Edited by mindfly

Axelsson-Påhlsson-Alfredsson (They've played together in Frölunda and on the national team, and were in my opinion our most important line in 2006. Great shut-down line, and Alfredsson can score.)
Pretty sure that Alfredsson played with Modin and Sundin in Torino.

I'd put Larsson over Liv... but I guess since this isn't being played on NHL sized ice we can let Liv slip through there. (I'm still mad at him for letting us Wings fans down)

Actually it is this year, it's on the Olympics' website. Also there was something that came out within the last year that said any international ice hockey tournament in North America will be played on NHL sized ice (I think I remember something about that second thing, but I know for sure the first part is true).

Actually it is this year, it's on the Olympics' website. Also there was something that came out within the last year that said any international ice hockey tournament in North America will be played on NHL sized ice (I think I remember something about that second thing, but I know for sure the first part is true).

In that case don't take Liv whatever the circumstances!

Pretty sure that Alfredsson played with Modin and Sundin in Torino.

Maybe for a few games... But the lines as I recall them were

Forsberg-Sundin-Modin

Holmström-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Axelsson-PÃ¥hlsson-Alfredsson

Sedin-Sedin-Jönsson

I think Edler will be on the squad too, now that I think about it.

Didn't really think about goalies, but I seriously doubt Larsson will be picked, when there are some Swedish NHL-caliber (if only as back-ups) goalies who actually play(ed) in the NHL, such as Ersberg, Hedberg, Holmqvist etc.

I don't want Huselius on the team, and after his weak performance in the WHC's I doubt he's going to get a spot.

If Omark plays well in the KHL he could be on there, and I wouldn't rule out Weinhandl and/or MÃ¥rtensson who seem to be favorites of B-Ã… Gustafsson's.

In net I definitely think Jonas Gustafsson will be Lundqvist's backup, if he doesn't completely fail in the first half of this season.

I agree with your top 5 D: Lids, Kronner, Ohlund, Hedman, Oduya. Although Hedman didn't get selected for the WHC team so if he doesn't play convincingly in Tampa his spot could go to someone else. 6th/7th d-men is between Edler/Murray/Strålman/Enström, with guys like Erik Karlsson and Jonathan Ericsson having decent chances if they have good first halves. I'd love to see Big Rig on the team.

The lineup I would like to see:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Alfredsson

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson

Weinhandl-Bäckström-Eriksson

Axelsson-Påhlsson-Berglund(though he was bad in the WHC's, so not sure if he'll get a chance, maybe go with Sjöström or Homer instead)

Omark

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Ohlund-Hedman

Oduya-Ericsson

Edler

Lundqvist

Gustafsson

Guest mindfly
Why not Edler?

Because Edler is a liability in the defensive zone and plays like he's 5'10 170lbs. Too soft.

You just wait. The Monster ist coming.

He does sound very promising, but I have a really hard time imagining him bumping an elite NHL goaltender from the starting spot even if he came to Toronto so strong that he looked like a sure bet for the Calder. He'd still be a rookie v.s. an elite NHL goalie.

Or are you just lampooning the talk out of Toronto? :lol:

Guest mindfly

BeeRYCE.. omg, no... Omark is like a wildcard but not a good chance for him to make the team, he's too small and there are other better players.. pajarvi-svensson doesnt even make the world championship team, this is the olympics!

Edited by mindfly