• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amsoil33

NHL Network's Top Ten Hits of the 08-09 Season

Rate this topic

All great hits, although I don't think #2 should've been ranked that high. That was a really dangerous play... I'm surprised they glorified it like that.

Exactly what I was thinking. It reminded me of a well-known cheap shot artist who shoved one of our players' face into the corner of the bench years ago.

Exactly what I was thinking. It reminded me of a well-known cheap shot artist who shoved one of our players' face into the corner of the bench years ago.

Ya I also agree. It really wasn't much of a hit at all. Just a little bump/cheap shot.

Guest mindfly

Stuart's hit on Umberger in the columbus series was pretty bad ass as well

heres the real top hits of the year: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=62849...its+of+the+year

and top hipchecks:

Hit of the year had to be kronner on havlat

scroll down http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/LeagueSea...amp;Season=2009

In the playoffs i think im gonna go with:

Kronner on havlat

Stuart on Umberger

Kunitz on Timonen

Stuart on Havlat

Brown on Hudler in that order

Edited by jollymania

Neither of those two over-the-boards hits were very strong hits. They were there probably just because player went over the boards. There also were some where the hit wasn't very hard, but the checked player went heavily into the boards. Meh.

It's nasty how Havlat was stomped by his overzealous teammates while he was lying on the ice.

Nice to see many Wings' hits on the hipcheck video, even though the old hits in the end reveal that the video was made by a Wings fan. I remember Lebda's hipchecks well.

Neither of those two over-the-boards hits were very strong hits. They were there probably just because player went over the boards. There also were some where the hit wasn't very hard, but the checked player went heavily into the boards. Meh.

It's nasty how Havlat was stomped by his overzealous teammates while he was lying on the ice.

Nice to see many Wings' hits on the hipcheck video, even though the old hits in the end reveal that the video was made by a Wings fan. I remember Lebda's hipchecks well.

there were at lest 6 over the boards hits this year, its nothign special and neither of these were the best one

stuart turning the umberger into the hamburger was dope and kronner on havlat were my favorite hits of this year...too bad post season didn't count.

Why are you all throwing a fit? They were showing the top 10 hits of the REGULAR SEASON. The Red Wings were soft as butter in that time with Kronwall not throwing one memorable hit. So dont cry.

Why are you all throwing a fit? They were showing the top 10 hits of the REGULAR SEASON. The Red Wings were soft as butter in that time with Kronwall not throwing one memorable hit. So dont cry.

because they didnt even include weight on sutter or mckee on parrish, it has nothing to do with the wings, and they did have some good ones but none inthe top 10 besides stuey on tanguay