• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flip

Oh wow look at that

Rate this topic

I've said many times before that Hossa was at the very least roughed up pretty bad in the playoffs. He took a few hits in the first couple rounds that clearly left him in a lot of pain as he struggled to skate off the ice. There was one in particular from Pronger I believe where Hossa was held up by another guy behind the net that was particularly brutal not to mention cheap and that came after all the other major hits I remember. I was thinking then that there's no way this guy can be even close to 100% out there after taking that many huge hits. And that was well before the finals and even semi's when everyone was crying about his production. And on top of that, he had a couple rough incidents towards the end of the season.

And why is it that he took those hits? He was the target. Why? Because the guy is one of the most potent scorers in the game. And because of that he got ran more times than any Wings player in the first couple rounds. Lots of guys took some hard hits, but Hossa took numerous brutal hits, some cheaper than others. I couldn't believe he even skated off after some of them.

I'm not surprised at all to see this and it doesn't color my opinion. I still think Hossa was a great asset to this team and is a great asset to any team, injury or not; he'll heal. In terms of the playoffs this last year, I think along with injuries, pressure and then pressing too much towards the end he just struggled to score like he did in the regular season. But he was still strong for us in our end and 6 goals and 15 points isn't exactly the worst he could've done in terms of output. While Hossa may not have done as much as we would have liked, we probably wouldn't have gotten near as far without him if we had all the same injuries. Even when he was pressing and not scoring, he was creating pressure in their end, wearing guys out and helping on D.

We lost as a team because we were just too beat up as a team. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. We probably got farther than we ever should have considering all of the injuries this team had. Continuing to single guys out is silly. The reality is, we came up 2 goals short in Game 7 despite it all. That's still something worth being proud of and worth remembering.

And we'll be back...

Right on man.

As for Hossa I always thought something was wrong. As you said there were a few times after a hit he skated right off the ice. I believe game 2 against the Ducks it happened for sure.

EK makes a good point in his blog about Hossa getting a physical. "Before they agreed to the deal on July 1?" It never happened until after he signed. If I was the Hawks I would say have surgery and we'll deal with it until December. Cause what if he plays on it and then in Jan or Feb he hurts it badly and he's done for the year? The Daily Hearld blog I saw some saying it was Tallon's fault. Well if McDonough wasn't pushing to sign Hossa then it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Flip: You are the one acting like a child. Accusing me of things I never did, screaming and carrying on in all caps, insulting other posters, and refusing to address the fact you do not have proof, but speculation. We are aware he is injured, and we have a good idea of what the injury is. I never said he wasn't. You however do not know for a fact when the injury took place.

You'll have that with Flip. Every thread I've ever seen this guy on, he's screaming and carrying on and attacking other posters. Its what he does.

As for Hossa's injury, this would explain why he played so poorly in the playoffs. Although at that time of year, a lot of players are injured so I don't know if that's a valid excuse.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Don't care if he was/is injured. I don't want to hear this information used as an excuse now for this past playoff performance.

Had this been common knowledge in the past, like during the playoffs, when it mattered... maybe there wouldn't have been so much pressure put on him to be our savior. As I'm sure that there was enough self-applied pressure from himself as a player to perform when it mattered most, I'm sure not talking about it probably took a lot extra criticism/sympathy/micro-scope analysis off of Hossa. Maybe a little less micro-scoping of this situation, on a player that maybe can't handle the spotlight, would just let a player play.

(I know it's not the nature of sports, or sports-media, or superstardom... I'm not naive... but sometimes it might be nice.)

All this being said, while I believe that Hossa could have been the difference maker in the series, he wasn't...

and while that sucks, it's over.

Playing with a separated shoulder is incredible, playing with a RTC "injury" is like skating on bad ice, its not optimal, but certainly can be done.

Hossa likely has tendonitis as compared to a full thickness tendon tear. If he had the latter, he would likely have surgery. The problem possibly limited him in his ability to wind up on the puck, otherwise it is symptomatic with overhead activities.

Still doesn't expain why he played like he was in the AHL.

Playing with a separated shoulder is incredible, playing with a RTC "injury" is like skating on bad ice, its not optimal, but certainly can be done.

Hossa likely has tendonitis as compared to a full thickness tendon tear. If he had the latter, he would likely have surgery. The problem possibly limited him in his ability to wind up on the puck, otherwise it is symptomatic with overhead activities.

I wouldn't even bother discussing this. It's Eklund. A real news site will run a story a week from now that Hossa was either a. perfectly healthy; or b. had a groin injury.

The way I see it, the only thing we can rule out is a rotator cuff injury.

This injury feels alot like arthritis in the shoulder at times it will give you migrans it hurts so bad ,when this happens not only your shoulder hurts your lower neck,upper back between shoulder blades and the oppisite side of lower head , if all this happens at once you will be worthless on the ice or off the ice

IF HE WAS HURTING THIS BAD HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIDELINED

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/4347228

Hossa injured; surgery not ruled outBy Roman Modrowski

ESPNChicago.com

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Chicago Blackhawks are monitoring an injury to the right shoulder of prized free-agent acquisition Marian Hossa, and surgery has not been ruled out. It's not certain when the injury occured, but a Hawks spokesman said the team was aware of the injury before signing Hossa to a 12-year, $62.8 million deal on July 1. Hossa is rehabbing the shoulder, and the team spokesman said it has not been determined if surgery is needed, and that the decision is up to Hossa and a doctor.

what is a rotator cuff injury?! please explain me that! sounds like a Pink Floyd Song ;-)

It just means he messed up his shoulder joint. There are four muscles in your shoulder that come together to form a sheath that your main arm bone attaches inside. If you tear the sheath, you have problems moving your arm relative to which of the four muscles got hurt/torn.

I wouldn't even bother discussing this. It's Eklund. A real news site will run a story a week from now that Hossa was either a. perfectly healthy; or b. had a groin injury.

The way I see it, the only thing we can rule out is a rotator cuff injury.

It's not coming from him he's posting news from another website, and ESPN is now reporting it. I know he's full of crap most of the time but maybe actually read the article first.

This injury feels alot like arthritis in the shoulder at times it will give you migrans it hurts so bad ,when this happens not only your shoulder hurts your lower neck,upper back between shoulder blades and the oppisite side of lower head , if all this happens at once you will be worthless on the ice or off the ice

IF HE WAS HURTING THIS BAD HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIDELINED

but a Hawks spokesman said the team was aware of the injury before signing Hossa to a 12-year, $62.8 million deal on July 1.

It just means he messed up his shoulder joint. There are four muscles in your shoulder that come together to form a sheath that your main arm bone attaches inside. If you tear the sheath, you have problems moving your arm relative to which of the four muscles got hurt/torn.

LGW... Always ready to over-analyze...

It's not coming from him he's posting news from another website, and ESPN is now reporting it. I know he's full of crap most of the time but maybe actually read the article first.

...oft neglectful to read the whole story...

...and ready to bash Eklund at a moments notice!

Yay Team!

:ph34r:

LGW... Always ready to over-analyze...

...oft neglectful to read the whole story...

...and ready to bash Eklund at a moments notice!

Yay Team!

:ph34r:

As the Stephan Colbert of LGW I'd like to thank you for that. :lol:

Guest Shoreline

Likely because not everyone can be 100% consistent. Ask Pavel.

Anyways, I had thought Hossa might be injured, but really what does it matter now? He's a Hawk.

Edited by Shoreline

gcom007, I second that emotion.

and for further review:

From Twitter:

Zing! RT @DownGoesBrown: Blackhawk doctors are trying to determine how Marian Hossa tore his rotator cuff. Already ruled out: trophy lifting

Edited by e_prime

Your wish is my command:

PirateGraph.jpg

8096329.png

drawing-mountains.jpg

gopjZw2t0kw2w5vjJjAIx44Vo1_500.jpg

Oh Drake! Those figures are nice, but wrong. According the Beatles, "ALL You Need Is Love." INXS gives you "WHAT You Need." And we thought you ran this place professionally! Now wonder the world is in such disarray and in a severe depression! :P