Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Holland: Hossa Hurt Before Joining Wings

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...and_says_1.html

Red Wings GM Ken Holland says Marian Hossa injury didn't occur during playoffs

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday July 22, 2009, 4:12 PM

Wings general manager Ken Holland said Marian Hossa did not injure his shoulder during the playoffs as indicated in a story in the Chicago Daily Herald. Holland said Hossa had a slightly torn rotator cuff when the Wings signed him on July 2, 2008, but it wasn't anything significant.

"He was hurt before he got to us,'' Holland said. "Our doctors looked at him and we had conversations about whether to have surgery. Our doctors recommended he should have something done at some point but it's something he can play with.''

According to the Daily Herald, Hossa is contemplating surgery, which would idle him for the start of the season.

Hossa signed a 12-year, $62.8 million contract with the Blackhawks on July 1.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...and_says_1.html

According to the Daily Herald, Hossa is contemplating surgery, which would idle him for the start of the season.

Hossa signed a 12-year, $62.8 million contract with the Blackhawks on July 1.

I'm sure Blackhawks fans are gonna love hearing this given the cap situation their team is going to be in next year.

I'm sure Blackhawks fans are gonna love hearing this given the cap situation their team is going to be in next year.

Actually, this might HELP 'da hawks if Hossa goes on LTIR for the first half of the season..

More cap room ('till he returns, of course.)

:ph34r:

He might as well get the surgery now.

Maybe he'll tear it up in the Playoffs this year like he did when he played for Pitt. I could totally see this happening.

Edited by rage

I'd be pissed if I was a Chicago fan. This offseason was a real circus in chi-town and the plot keep getting thicker.

The front office in Chicago must have known about this when he signed the deal. You'd think you'd do some heavy duty due diligence on a 12 year contract (unless you're located in Long Island).

The front office in Chicago must have known about this when he signed the deal. You'd think you'd do some heavy duty due diligence on a 12 year contract (unless you're located in Long Island).

Well to be fair, the front office was too busy trying to figure out how to put a stamp on the envelope and how to use the fax machine. They really had their work cut for them this year.

Well to be fair, the front office was too busy trying to figure out how to put a stamp on the envelope and how to use the fax machine. They really had their work cut for them this year.

I'd mock them, but I'm terrible at remembering to turn stuff in on time too. :lol:

He might as well get the surgery now.

Maybe he'll tear it up in the Playoffs this year like he did when he played for Pitt. I could totally see this happening.

He's already torn it up. That's why he needs surgery. :D