• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFanInPensCountry

Why I May Have It Worse Than Anyone Here

Rate this topic

Can we just agree that all Pens fans registering after the Finals are over speak nothing but invalid arguments?

That along with fatten themselves with sandwiches that have fries on top and call it "unique."

I get tired of hearing this excuse,has it crossed your mind that it has something to do with the age of your team and not just some stupid bad luck,cry babies,all of you !

You should be tired of hearing it. I know I would if I knew my team was a bunch of lucky frauds with a lottery cup. Are we bitter? Of course. Doesn't mean we're not right.

This has to be one of the best posts I've seen in a while.

Thanks man. Nice to see an islander on here. It's been 3 years since I lived on PEI and I still miss it. Well I don't miss the winter cold blowing in from the ocean with no frigging hills to block it. :lol:

Exactly, Red Wings fans do not need to feel guilty of looking like "Whiney cry-babies" for stating facts. This takes nothing away from Pittsburgh who played well above their means, came through clutch and took advantage of every opportunity thrown their way. And they needed it; the Red Wings were easily the better team in 2009 and if the Penguins did not take advantage of every single stroke of fortune dealt their way it would have been their 2nd straight loss in the Finals. But the fact is the Penguins won and that is what will be remembered... except a few old stodgey bastards amongst us, who will pipe in at every oportunity, and that is definitely within our rights.

Hell yeah. The bitterness I feel towards the durability of Lidstrom's scrotum will only dull when I see him lift another cup over his head. Please do it again Lids, if not for me, do it for your balls.

I'm still amazed he returned so quickly after that. Dare I say if that happened to a basketball player, he'd miss the next 8 months.

Hell, if happened to me I'd have bed sores for sure. No way I'm getting out of a hospital bed with testicles stitched closed. I'd want those bastards nice and healed before I subject them to the stress of daily life (wait, does that make me sound like a guy who gets kicked in the nads a lot? :lol: )

I feel for you, man. I work in a middle school here in North Carolina and was astounded by how many Pens fans "suddenly appeared" to rub in the loss. Staff and students alike.

As you can tell from my name I am a Wings fan in Pens country ( I live in OH 40 minutes from Mellon Arena). All my friends are Pens fans as well as everyone else here. But I make it well known that I HATE Pgh teams. My dad has HATED pgh sports since the sixties. ( I can't stress the HATE enough.) So it's how I was raised. Needless to say I didn't answer the phone or leave my house til just a few days ago.

But in late August I will return to my teaching job at a high school full of 16-18 year old pens fans, who i trash talked endlessly all year. Then it will all come back to me and it will be June 13th all over again...at least there are other ways by which I can make their lives miserable.

Bribes.

Threats.

Use 'em. You are still in charge. :P

From the title of this thread, I thought it had something to do with Vladimir Konstantinov... You've just now started leaving your house? Since June 13th? Considering the Wings lost on June 12th I would think that would be a worse day, hence the reason I thought this thread was referencing the Limo Accident...

edit: BTW thanks for dragging out all the Cindyrella worshipers again!

Edited by LeftWinger

2. The Wings having significant injuries to 5 of their top players.

I get tired of hearing this excuse,has it crossed your mind that it has something to do with the age of your team and not just some stupid bad luck,cry babies,all of you !

:blink: Ya, it's because he is almost 40 that Lidstrom hit a couple of posts. It is because Lidstrom is almost 40 that his nads were speard out by a stick and he played hurt the rest of the playoffs. It's becuase Lidstrom is almost 40 that Rob Scuderi made the save of the series. Ya, it's the age of our team is why we lost, not injuries or bad bounces or a suspension that should have happened and never did, ya that is why we lost. I would love to see what the Pitts fnas would be saying if Zetterberg INSTIGATED a fight and didn't get suspended for it and WE ended up winning game 3. Holy Hell! As a matter of FACT, if Malkin had to serve his suspension, we WOULD HAVE won game 3. Bottom line, Buttman helped you win the Cup by NOT upholding the instigator penalty. If Malin had been suspended and we still lost the Cup, then it wouldn't be an issue, but Buttan wanted to give The Pitts their best chance to win and that is what happened. Stating the facts and crying are two different things... Now, go back to your room and continue worshiping the nude statue of Cindyrella you have sculpted out of soap. Enjoy the Cup that was handed to you, you will not be back for a long time!

:blink: Ya, it's because he is almost 40 that Lidstrom hit a couple of posts. It is because Lidstrom is almost 40 that his nads were speard out by a stick and he played hurt the rest of the playoffs. It's becuase Lidstrom is almost 40 that Rob Scuderi made the save of the series. Ya, it's the age of our team is why we lost, not injuries or bad bounces or a suspension that should have happened and never did, ya that is why we lost. I would love to see what the Pitts fnas would be saying if Zetterberg INSTIGATED a fight and didn't get suspended for it and WE ended up winning game 3. Holy Hell! As a matter of FACT, if Malkin had to serve his suspension, we WOULD HAVE won game 3. Bottom line, Buttman helped you win the Cup by NOT upholding the instigator penalty. If Malin had been suspended and we still lost the Cup, then it wouldn't be an issue, but Buttan wanted to give The Pitts their best chance to win and that is what happened. Stating the facts and crying are two different things... Now, go back to your room and continue worshiping the nude statue of Cindyrella you have sculpted out of soap. Enjoy the Cup that was handed to you, you will not be back for a long time!

Bitter at all?

You can throw out every excuse in the book, Pittsburgh still won fair and square in a 7 game series, just like the Wings did the previous season. I will guarantee you plenty of Pitt fans played the same excuse card when they lost 2 years ago. Just because the Wings lost doesn't mean the excuse soapbox game becomes valid all of a sudden.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Bitter at all?

You can throw out every excuse in the book, Pittsburgh still won fair and square in a 7 game series, just like the Wings did the previous season. I will guarantee you plenty of Pitt fans played the same excuse card when they lost 2 years ago. Just because the Wings lost doesn't mean the excuse soapbox game becomes valid all of a sudden.

A fact is something that is true.

A fact is the Red Wings entire roster was injured with the exception of about 5 players.

One was the best defenseman of his generation.

The other was the teams Most Valuable Player.

The rest was basically the entire starting roster.

Thats not "crying" thats stating a simple fact.

If anything the Red Wings proved they were the better team for playing through the injuries that they did and giving a healthy team all they could handle over an entire 7 game series. A series that had it's schedule changed to make it start on no rest with back to back games, no less.

I mean, honestly. Anyone can see that.

Bitter at all?

The Pens won fair and square. All he is saying is that it took a plague of injuries to the Red Wings for it to happen.

The Pens won fair and square. All he is saying is that it took a plague of injuries to the Red Wings for it to happen.

Pretty much. The Pens filled out their lottery ticket and guessed to the best of their ability and they won.

A fact is something that is true.

A fact is the Red Wings entire roster was injured with the exception of about 5 players.

One was the best defenseman of his generation.

The other was the teams Most Valuable Player.

The rest was basically the entire starting roster.

Thats not "crying" thats stating a simple fact.

If anything the Red Wings proved they were the better team for playing through the injuries that they did and giving a healthy team all they could handle over an entire 7 game series. A series that had it's schedule changed to make it start on no rest with back to back games, no less.

I mean, honestly. Anyone can see that.

Pretty much. The Pens filled out their lottery ticket and guessed to the best of their ability and they won.

And this does not change the fact that the Wings won in 2008 and the Penguins won in 2009.

I don't need Red Wings fans trying to justify why the Wings championship is better than the Penguins with 25,000 facts or excuses or bitter soapbox posts, I don't need Penguin fans telling me I should worship the Penguins or state reasons why the Penguins championship is better than the Wings with 25,000 reasons.

The Wings won in 2008. Great for us.

The Penguins won in 2009. Good for them.

Neither championship/team is better or worse than the other, neither championship is tainted for whatever reasons fans of the opposite team come up with, etc.

And while I'm betting plenty in here are making fun or talking down on the Penguins because of this, if the Red Wings were in a similar boat and won a few years down the road, we'd just be as happy as Penguin fans are now and really wouldn't give a lick of what others thought.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Pardon me? Did you think he was Mr. Smith teaching at the Mormon Tabernacle?

I'm sorry, but most kids will learn a lot more from a teacher whom actually engages them in their interests outside of the boring subject at times.

Or are you a teacher who sticks 'dutifully to the curriculum' each and every year and slowly developing bitterness because teachers like the OP are the ones getting all the great letters from ex-students?

Give me a break - a good teacher can find a common thread with his students (hockey) and can actually develop a repoire with them... as much as he might truly hate the Penguins.

You obviously skipped the part where I said there was nothing wrong with good-natured ribbing. If that's all it is, I don't have a problem with it. But to the point where someone loathes coming back to their job in the fall and wants to make their lives miserable? Okay, then. :mellow:

Edited by Free_Candy

You obviously skipped the part where I said there was nothing wrong with good-natured ribbing. If that's all it is, I don't have a problem with it. But to the point where someone loathes coming back to their job in the fall and wants to make their lives miserable? Okay, then. :mellow:

Methinks you're taking this a tad too literally

I think that about sums it up, the injuries to Detroit were the final deciding factor in the series. Yes, there were times when Pittsburgh just plain outplayed the Wings, which happens. Even the super-stacked 2002 team played like garbage at times. But had Datsyuk been healthy for t mhe entire series, Lidstrom not slowed down by his injury, as well as the others, I just don't see Pittsburgh beating Detroit in a seven game series.

I think that about sums it up, the injuries to Detroit were the final deciding factor in the series. Yes, there were times when Pittsburgh just plain outplayed the Wings, which happens. Even the super-stacked 2002 team played like garbage at times. But had Datsyuk been healthy for the entire series, Lidstrom not slowed down by his injury, as well as the others, I just don't see Pittsburgh beating Detroit in a seven game series.

The bolded part goes without saying. I think its impressive that the Wings did as well as they did. Take away any other teams top point producer and see how well they do in a best of seven series. Its unfortunate that those players were injured, but that's part of the game. I don't think it was the "deciding factor" seeing as how the Wings still had two opportunities to win the series in Game 6 and 7.

Edited by xtrememachine1

As you can tell from my name I am a Wings fan in Pens country ( I live in OH 40 minutes from Mellon Arena). All my friends are Pens fans as well as everyone else here. But I make it well known that I HATE Pgh teams. My dad has HATED pgh sports since the sixties. ( I can't stress the HATE enough.) So it's how I was raised. Needless to say I didn't answer the phone or leave my house til just a few days ago.

But in late August I will return to my teaching job at a high school full of 16-18 year old pens fans, who i trash talked endlessly all year. Then it will all come back to me and it will be June 13th all over again...at least there are other ways by which I can make their lives miserable.

It could be worse. You could be working for the surrounded by Pens fans and working for the Post-Gazette and your JOB is to put up Penguins celebration pictures and have Pens Stanley Cup pics shoved in your face every single day.

Don't feel bad about trash talking your students, I never trash talked and I still got hell from everyone that knew I was a Wings fan. My phone rang literally 3 seconds after the game ended. It was like people around here cared more about rubbing in the Wings loss than celebrating the Pens win. So trash talk away, it won't matter, people will be jerks either way.

Edited by xtrememachine1

ouch dude... you do have it bad... I would call the cops, getting held hostage by hockey fans is not something to take lightly!!!!

You want me to file a complaint for you since you aren't using the phone????

Its a game... its over... you are free to leave your house... they won't bite, i promise!