• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Kindl signed to three-year extension

Rate this topic

Always a good day when your favourite prospect re-signs for 3 years! :thumbup:

Going to be a great player is Kindl; will improve a lot when surrounded by elite talent I'm sure. I hope this season he just irons out some consistency issues with the Griffins.

Always a good day when your favourite prospect re-signs for 3 years! :thumbup:

Going to be a great player is Kindl; will improve a lot when surrounded by elite talent I'm sure. I hope this season he just irons out some consistency issues with the Griffins.

That's how I felt when Flip was re-signed to FIVE years!!!!!! And now Leino for a couple more :)!

It's extra nice when they are re-signed to one-way contracts as well, since it shows they are next in line to be up or are planned to be up right now.

Guest mindfly
That's how I felt when Flip was re-signed to FIVE years!!!!!! And now Leino for a couple more :)!

It's extra nice when they are re-signed to one-way contracts as well, since it shows they are next in line to be up or are planned to be up right now.

Care to elaborate on that?

This is going to be a big year for Kindl in Grand Rapids. With Adbelkader, Helm, Leino, Ericsson, and Howard most likely staying in Detroit all year, it really puts a lot of pressure on Kindl to step into a leadership position on the ice. Additionally, Kindl is going to be working towards keeping the upward trend going as far as his statistics go (I think a lot of people are expecting a career year out of him in GR over the next 365 days). Consistency will be a big factor in how well he succeeds.

Anyway, its exciting that the Wings organization went with a three-year deal.

Guest mindfly

Yeah and it would look pretty silly to let a 19th overall pick go just like that :P

Guest mindfly
Because with his one way contract his full cap hit counts against us whether he is in the AHL or NHL I believe.

How many in GR have one way deals atm? is he really the next guy up?

Not saying this isn't true, but where the hell does capgeek.com get their sources from? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

Agreed. If he can play all of this season like he did in the first half of last season he'll be on track to be an excellent player.

This signing is great. $833,333 for 3 years is a great contract for the Wings... not expensive and should keep him cheap when he's ready to join the team (next year being the earliest he'd be ready).

Its nice to see Holland sewing up all these RFA's to be! I still believe Abdelkader will spend the entire season in GR (unless he gets a deal now as well) just because he'll be cheaper to re-sign if he doesn't spend an entire year in Detroit. Nothing personal, just business. Sure wish we could've gotten a hold of Hedman, but our corps look good for years to come. We worry about replacing Lidstrom, obviously you cannot replace the best defensman in the world and in the History of the NHL (well top 3 at least,) so we'll just have to hope we can get someone to step in and be half of waht Lidstrom was. (I don't think its gonna be Kronwall either.)

anyhow,great news on Kindl, lets hope he sees some time up this year and playoffs and then becomes full time next year!

edit: Am I the only one, or is anyone else ready for the "kids" to play? If they can maybe sign a cheap UFA (Peca or Betts maybe) and then bring up Oulahen and McGrath to fill out the 13 forwards. Sooner or later the "rebuild" is gonna come (lol, like we'd actually have to rebuild :lol:) but you what I mean. I think it would be very fun to watch (if those two can make the team out of camp that is.) Maybe we woouldn't be the favorites every year (for now!) but there would be alot of young hunger on this team not seen since about 1993...

Edited by LeftWinger

Im glad to see this resigning as I think Kindl could really turn out to be a solid defenseman. At a minimum it all but ensures he'll get his shot at the big club when he's deemed ready. Plus you figure in three years time all of Rafalski, Kronwall and Stuart will be UFA Kindl could be looked upon as a cheaper replacement for any of those guys. But that's looking way too far down the line for now...

Because with his one way contract his full cap hit counts against us whether he is in the AHL or NHL I believe.
Incorrect. He will just make the same money whether he is in the AHL or NHL.

I also would like to see this somewhere else besides Capgeek.... not that I doubt it... it's just curious to me how they would have it but nobody else does
It's because they are getting information from a guy who has some kind of live connection with the NHL's contracts database. Edited by Systemfel

Nothing but upsides to this signing.

nice cap hit, locked up for 3 years, spends next year working out issues in GR to be a full timer in 2011...

looks good to me. -

2011 backend:

Lidstrom(he will re-sign)-Rafalski

Ericsson-Kronwall

Stuart-Kindl

Meech and Lebda - your time is limited...

a little confirmation......... http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...seman_jaku.html

Red Wings sign defenseman Jakub Kindl to three-year extension

by Ansar Khan

Thursday July 23, 2009, 4:04 PM

The Red Wings have signed Jakub Kindl, their top defense prospect, to a three-year, $2.65 million extension that kicks in after his current contract expires at the end of the upcoming season.

"With a player you want to keep in your system, you want to get him signed up and continue with the development,'' Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill said. "He's played two years pro (in Grand Rapids). His first year he struggled, last year he had a good bounce back year and played in the AHL All-Star game.''

Barring injuries, Kindl, 22, will spend one more season with the Griffins. He's out of minor-league options beginning in 2010-11, when the one-way contract (NHL salary only) valued at $883,000 per season kicks in.

Kindl has good size (6-3, 210) and offensive skills. He's mobile, moves the puck well and has a hard shot. He is projected to be a future power-play quarterback in the NHL.

He needs to improve his defensive play, however, as he's been prone to giveaways and has struggled with consistency.

He had six goals and 27 assists last season for the Griffins but only one goal and five assists in 35 games after the All-Star break.

I love Kindl and was stoked to see that he was signed for so cheap for 3 years! He'll be great next year on the wings and could even potentially be brought up this year if we run into some major injury problems. But that would be very unlikely due to that 1 way contract

Incorrect, all a two-way deal means is that he has one salary if he plays up here and another salary if he plays in the NHL. On a one way deal the player and the team agree to one salary regardless if the player is playing in Detroit or GR. Either way the only salaries that count against the cap are those on the active roster.