• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Hossa to have surgery...

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

http://ow.ly/i2AD

Edit: shortened link stolen from the chicago blackhawks offical twitter (NHLBlackhawks)

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest CaliWingsNut
ummm MIGHT need surgery...here

I also read that it is a last resort and that he more than likely wont need surgery.

Umm.... look at my link again.... It's from the blackhawks website. I'd take that's info over the det news.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

So let's summarize:

1. They lost their #1 goal scorer to free agency.

2. His replacement is out with surgery for 4 months

3. They lost their staring goaltender to free-agency

4. They fired their GM and replaced him with a guy that has never been a GM before

5. They are in Salary Cap Hell next year and may lose one of their big three.

6. They overpaid for Cambell and are now stuck with him for 12 years.

7. They fired their coach last year and replaced him with Joel Quenville who in his illustrious career is only .500 in the playoffs.

8. They got their asses handed to them in the WCF last year by their biggest rivals.

9. They were embarassed on national tv last new years by their biggect rivals.

Boy, it must suck to be a Hawks fan..........

What's next?

Edited by chrisdetroit

I have a question: Do you think, that his injury cost Detroit Stanley Cup? Noboby wanted to make a surgery, because 7 mil. is a lot of money for just part of the season. But: Health first in hockey as in life i think. Detroit could have healthy and strong Hossa for playoffs, when two other key players were injured. Nobody knows, if he were under his play for this reason, but the lesson was written: Detroit missed the chance to have the best from him for the playoffs. I think, that the actual situation is very good for Hossa and Blackhawks. He will be strong for the right time.

So he'll be out until the end of November. So he'll miss 2 months of hockey out of the 84 months he's signed for. That's 2.4% of his contract. Or, if you'd rather look at it only in terms of next season, he'll miss the first 2 of 7 months, or 28.6% of the season. However, those two months are the least important, so whatever.

Maybe after his shoulder is repaired he'll play better? I dunno. But some of you seem to think this is a catastrophe instead of an inconvenience.

So he'll be out until the end of November. So he'll miss 2 months of hockey out of the 84 months he's signed for. That's 2.4% of his contract. Or, if you'd rather look at it only in terms of next season, he'll miss the first 2 of 7 months, or 28.6% of the season. However, those two months are the least important, so whatever.

Maybe after his shoulder is repaired he'll play better? I dunno. But some of you seem to think this is a catastrophe instead of an inconvenience.

Correction. He'll miss 2 of the most important 8 months in the Blackhawks recent history.

This is the Hawks biggest and best window for taking a shot at the Cup and they'll be without their biggest off-season signing.

The injury was nothing serious. But when Hossa realized the entire weight of the Blackhawks organization would be placed on his shoulders, he decided it would be best to not have said shoulders injured.

Correction. He'll miss 2 of the most important 8 months in the Blackhawks recent history.

This is the Hawks biggest and best window for taking a shot at the Cup and they'll be without their biggest off-season signing.

The two least important months of those 8 months. Really, who cares about October and November if you know you're going to make it to the playoffs?

The two least important months of those 8 months. Really, who cares about October and November if you know you're going to make it to the playoffs?

Basically.

With Kane, Toews, and others, there is no will be no problem on Chicago's part bringing offense.

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but if you ask me, how can you conclude that ANY two months are the "least" important. Maybe if you're actually playing them that would make them less important.

However, that's a quarter of your teams schedule and that's assuming he recovers on time. And especially for a new player, those two months are the time when you start learning to gel with your new team, learning their system, and adapting to your new role should it not? And what will happen if he returns and doesn't start producing immediately? We ALL know how well Hossa deals with the spotlight.

Also, nobody but Wings fans KNOWS that their team will be in the playoffs at the season's end. ;)

I would believe they are sugar coating the amount of time it will take to get him back in the lineup. From my own experience I had a rotator cuff surgery and it took me 7 months to regain full motion back in my shoulder. I had an extra 4 weeks of rehab too. And now 3 years later I still have problems with stiffness and pain some days. I'm just glad it wasn't my right shoulder or I wouldn't be able to play my favorite sport of softball without issues. But, everyone reacts different to surgeries and i'm not a well honed professional at any sport so I could be off on this one, but shoulders are tough joints to rehab. I hope he gets well soon so I can see him get...KRONWALLED!! :hehe:

Edited by Detroitboogie

Basically.

With Kane, Toews, and others, there is no will be no problem on Chicago's part bringing offense.

Havlat was a big part of that "other" catagory.

However, using the LGW "Hossa's Lost Points" theory, they've replaced Havlat (29 Goals, 48 assists, 77 points) with a two month injury.

Boy, it must suck to be a Hawks fan..........

What's next?

Are you kidding? Ask any Hawks fan what they'd prefer...the Blackhawks now or the Blackhawks when Bill Wirtz was still running the show.

I'm sure most of them welcome this circus over what they're used to.

Anyway, in the long run this is probably the smartest move but it'll be interesting to say the least. I think what scares me the most is that Hossa lead our team in scoring with this injury. What's he going to be like when he's at 100%?

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

Looks like Holland made the right choice once again. Out with the baggage! Chi-town had the biggest s*** storm / incompetent offseason that I've seen in years.

Sour grapes? Chicago has a bad ass team and I think they are doing everything possible to get a Cup in Chi_town. If I were a Hawks fan, I'd be really happy with the way things are going after years of being s***ty or mediocre. They aren't in that bad of cap hell like everyone makes it to be. I think they'll be able to move Campbell and that will help them out alot. If there is someone out there willing to take Gomez's contract, anything is possible. Teams are always looking for D men like him.