• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Patrick Eaves

Rate this topic

Pretty sure there's not a thread on this, only the Ward has been traded thread which included Eaves. But anyway, Eaves has been waived by Boston. Only 25, former first round pick, has good first and second seasons with Ottawa but for one reason or another (mainly injury) has hit some hurdles in his development.

Would come very cheap and would surely be hungry after being waived. I think he'd be the perfect fit in Detroit to resurrect his career. :thumbup:

I don't know if he can supply what the Wings really need right now. Injuries have slowed down his production, and even at his best he never put up Hudler's numbers. Ideally, Detroit also needs a good 3rd or 4th line PKer who can occasionally chip in offensively. I don't know if Eaves is strong in that department.

Pretty sure there's not a thread on this, only the Ward has been traded thread which included Eaves. But anyway, Eaves has been waived by Boston. Only 25, former first round pick, has good first and second seasons with Ottawa but for one reason or another (mainly injury) has hit some hurdles in his development.

Would come very cheap and would surely be hungry after being waived. I think he'd be the perfect fit in Detroit to resurrect his career. :thumbup:

I'd give him a shot. He'd add more depth. I'm not sure what good he'll be as a scorer but he's still got that untapped potential, even if he had a rotten season last year in that respect.

Could he be another Cleary?

I thought he was bought out? ... too lazy to look it up right now.

Nope he was just waived.

Via TSN:

"Earlier in the day the Bruins opened a spot in their defensive corps by trading Aaron Ward to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Patrick Eaves who was later waived."

I thought he was bought out? ... too lazy to look it up right now.

I saw something about them not buying him out unless he clears waivers. I think someone would take the 1.4 cap hit, though.

patrick eaves has top 6 potential but i think he would flourish on our 3rd line with helm and leino/cleary. another tidbit of good news is most of his family live in windsor which could be a nice selling point for us to use.

This could definately be one of those shrewed moves by Holland.

Problem is, until Hudler is resolved we will do nothing.

That son of a ***** screwed us so bad, as no one will trade for him now and we can't do a damn thing until he is resolved. I wish Ken Holland would tell him to f*** off and not even show up to that arbitration.

Serriously, he is just dead cap space now. If we get him to come back it will be a one year contract that will eat up our space, or a multi-year deal that will doom us when the cap falls on our head. Hudler is a benndict arnold and just blacklisted himself.

This could definately be one of those shrewed moves by Holland.

Problem is, until Hudler is resolved we will do nothing.

That son of a ***** screwed us so bad, as no one will trade for him now and we can't do a damn thing until he is resolved. I wish Ken Holland would tell him to f*** off and not even show up to that arbitration.

Serriously, he is just dead cap space now. If we get him to come back it will be a one year contract that will eat up our space, or a multi-year deal that will doom us when the cap falls on our head. Hudler is a benndict arnold and just blacklisted himself.

The NHL set the arbitration date, not Jiri Hudler. Calm down.

As for Eaves, I highly doubt he'd get more than 3rd line time, but why not? Nothing to get overly excited about I think but I'd be more than willing to give him a shot.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

The NHL set the arbitration date, not Jiri Hudler. Calm down.

As for Eaves, I highly doubt he'd get more than 3rd line time, but why not? Nothing to get overly excited about I think but I'd be more than willing to give him a shot.

It's usually best not to even respond to his posts.

as the resident hurricanes watcher, guess i'll weigh in on this one.

When Carolina aquired him along with corvo, canes fans were excited. He had as everyone said a lot of upside, the problem is that in his time in carolina he didn't exactly stand out.

He looked bored out there, maybe he's worth a look but i think he's done personally.

Guest Shoreline

He's a serious underachiever. I actually had high hopes for him when seeing him in juniors, but he's one of the many busts.