2-mike grier old but still good on the third line

3-tylor pyett young ,big and good player

4-maxim afinogenov

5-todd bertuzzi

6-michel ouellet

7-mike peca

8-manny malhotra

9-rob niedermayer

#1 Patrick Eaves(he's plays both ways and can score as much as hudler)

#2 Taylor Pyatt(he's huge, stands up for teamates and is a former 1st rounder who PK's but has untapped potential)

#3 Mike Grier(solid PK'er and great team leader)

I believe if we sign those 3 guys we win the cup. plus maltby to me is a perfect 13th forward at this point in his career.

#2 Taylor Pyatt(he's huge, stands up for teamates and is a former 1st rounder who PK's but has untapped potential)

#3 Mike Grier(solid PK'er and great team leader)

I believe if we sign those 3 guys we win the cup. plus maltby to me is a perfect 13th forward at this point in his career.

in a cap world, how exactly are you proposing to pay for these players?

Grier and Pyatt combine should be around 2 million, then i would send down abby to free up 800k which would leave us with around 500k then i would trade meech and sign eaves for 1 million. that is how i would work it and if they didn't take our offers we don't get them.

You should do your homework before you post.

Gratton and Grier are the same age but you are worried about Grier being to old.

Gratton scored ZERO goals in 24 games last year and was a minus 1. How exactly does that fit in with the Wings? And how does his zero goals make up for Hudler's 20?

Todd Bertuzzi? We tried that once.

Fortunately Kenny doesn't just big the biggest and "toughest" players like you suggested...

Sign Greir and Malhotra. Perfect fits, I think Malhotra would be perfect for the wings. Malhotra is big, puts up good points, and is in his prime. Sign him!

You should do your homework before you post.

Gratton and Grier are the same age but you are worried about Grier being to old.

Gratton scored ZERO goals in 24 games last year and was a minus 1. How exactly does that fit in with the Wings? And how does his zero goals make up for Hudler's 20?

Todd Bertuzzi? We tried that once.

Fortunately Kenny doesn't just big the biggest and "toughest" players like you suggested...

Yeah we should sign another soft 5'9 player who doesnt show up in playoffs or play defence to replace Hudler. That would help the team out way more

Chris Gratton should never, ever be mentioned again. That guy has made enough money for doing nothing.

His best season EVER was 62 points and that was 11 years ago.

Edited by AtomicPunk

And by score as much as Hudler you mean half as much as Hudler, right? I mean we are talking about their actual stats last year... Eaves has yet to be as successful as Hudler.

Grier and Pyatt combine should be around 2 million, then i would send down abby to free up 800k which would leave us with around 500k then i would trade meech and sign eaves for 1 million. that is how i would work it and if they didn't take our offers we don't get them.

Combined they should be 2 million? :blink:

Yeah we should sign another soft 5'9 player who doesnt show up in playoffs or play defence to replace Hudler. That would help the team out way more

:rolleyes: Hudler put up great numbers for someone who played on the 4th and 3rd line all fricking playoffs. Hossa's the guy who got paid 7.45 million dollars to disappear in the finals.

How many points did you expect Hudler to score in his 10 minutes a game?

grier and eaves

I would be happy with this. Eaves helps out on offence a bit, Grier can PK and has an abrasive side which this team desperately needs. I thinjk I would rather Pyatt then Grier though

Sign Greir and Malhotra. Perfect fits, I think Malhotra would be perfect for the wings. Malhotra is big, puts up good points, and is in his prime. Sign him!

I've got no problem with trying one of those two players depending on how much they want. I like Malhotra and would love to see him get a shot here.

:rolleyes: Hudler put up great numbers for someone who played on the 4th and 3rd line all fricking playoffs. Hossa's the guy who got paid 7.45 million dollars to disappear in the finals.

How many points did you expect Hudler to score in his 10 minutes a game?

I didnt expect him to put up that many points thats the thing. We're looking for someone who plays 10 minutes a game, why not sign a guy like Bertuzzi who since leaving the wings has done alright the last couple seasons putting up around 40 points and still can hit and stick up for himself. Sure you lose 20 points or so but Bertuzzi has been getting healthy again so who knows what he could do, he isnt just some tough thug that cant play

what's Paul Ysebaert up to these days?

sorry for the bad grammar guys .... i am from quebec city ,canada but i am a fan of the red wings since 20 years . i try to talk with you but im speak french and i don't have a perfect english ....

sorry for the bad grammar guys .... i am from quebec city ,canada but i am a fan of the red wings since 20 years . i try to talk with you but im speak french and i don't have a perfect english ....

don't let it bother you. i'd like to see these guy try to post in french on your turf.

:edit: Welcome!

Edited by drumshanbo