• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Wings agree to terms with Andy Delmore

Rate this topic

Twitter:

Red Wings agreed to terms with ex-NHL D man Andy Delmore who is back from Europe. This is primarily a Grand Rapids signing. But it's depth

This is the second time the Wings have signed Delmore. I think he was signed and waived before the '05-06 season. Like Allen said, nothing major, just a signing for GR.

Good depth signing, he puts up decent numbers in the AHL.

He won the Eddie Shore award a few years back (top defenseman in AHL, the year after Kronwall won it). He put up decent numbers with the Predators a few seasons ago (18 goals etc.) and should do very well in the AHL. Might be a more reliable call up than Kindl, and probably better offensively than Janik.

If he is signed under $650k (hopefully league minimum), I hope the plan works out like this:

Trade Lebda; Lilja on LTIR. Delmore as 6th defenseman. If Lilja ever gets healthy, then send Delmore down. That's regardless of the situation with Hudler; I hope this is a signing to simply replace Lebda with a cheaper, better alternative.

Worst case scenario is that he is picked up on waivers. Past that, he plays for Grand Rapids and contends for the Eddie Shore award and motivates Kindl to play the way he can every day.

Cool, For some reason I always loved this guy on the PP in my old 2k video games :lol:

Think he had a real hard shot or something

He's also a righty, I believe.

Guest mindfly

This seem to be a solid depth signing, he scores alot for being a D... 15-20goals etc, good stuff.

Guest mindfly

Atleast Lebda has got the wheels, but his shot is patethic and he's brutal in the D zone, but great wheels and solid puckmover... lebda is probably a better fit.

Edited by mindfly

How do you find a guy who's both better and cheaper than Lebda?

Lebda and Delmore are both very similar. Lebda is faster but they're both offensive defenseman. The difference is, Delmore is a proven NHL PP defenseman. Lebda isn't and never will be on this team.

Moving Lebda/Meech and bringing up Delmore to play 10 minutes a night sounds good to me. Offers up a good, hard shot on the point.

And absolutely sucks in his own end.

Any different than Meech or Lebda? Not so much..

Theres a reason why all three players are making less than a million per season. Lebda is fast but its not like he has an end to end rush every shift, let alone every game. Usually when he carries the puck, its just to encourage a line change because offense never results.

Lebda has no offensive abilities and is mediocre in his own end.