4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (F.Michael @ August 1, 2009 - 02:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT!

Canadians with a penchant for fighting = double minority status thumbup.gif

that's not going to happen.

the wings have a formula that works, and they're going to stick with it, as frustrating as it is (and i admit that being frustrated at having a competitive team every year is ridiculous, but i HATE seeing my team pushed around - absolutely hate it).
Posted Image

#102 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (drumshanbo @ August 1, 2009 - 01:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's not going to happen.

the wings have a formula that works, and they're going to stick with it, as frustrating as it is (and i admit that being frustrated at having a competitive team every year is ridiculous, but i HATE seeing my team pushed around - absolutely hate it).

It's great to see the Wings capable of challenging for the Cup year after year - however I'm a believer of "old-school" hockey in which it's nice in having that element on the roster when things get rough.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#103 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (F.Michael @ August 1, 2009 - 02:37AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's great to see the Wings capable of challenging for the Cup year after year - however I'm a believer of "old-school" hockey in which it's nice in having that element on the roster when things get rough.

i agree, but i think this guy named holland whom everyone adores (myself sometimes included) is sticking to his formula.
Posted Image

#104 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (drumshanbo @ August 1, 2009 - 01:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree, but i think this guy named holland whom everyone adores (myself sometimes included) is sticking to his formula.

It appears so - however at this years draft Holland, and Nill picked-up a few scrappers so who knows?...Maybe that series against the Ducks opened their eyes.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#105 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (F.Michael @ August 1, 2009 - 12:59AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It appears so - however at this years draft Holland, and Nill picked-up a few scrappers so who knows?...Maybe that series against the Ducks opened their eyes.

Doubt it was the Ducks. They just happened to find some kids who can scrap AND play and were still there when the Wings got to them (without a better option sitting in front of them). Callahan looks like he could be really fun. He's a good skater, has NHL hands (not top six hands necessarily, but good enough to contribute) and appears to be dedicated and full of energy. That and he loves hitting things with his fists. Can't wait to see him play!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#106 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

I firmly believe that Holland wants all 23 players to be the best hockey players he can ice. If some of them also fight it's a bonus, but he won't remove a PKer or supplementary scorer to throw a guy out there who's only talent is giving the other team the stink eye and throwing his fists around. Know what I mean? That's why this Callahan kid makes me happy- he seems like he might be just that kind of "hockey player who also fights" guy.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#107 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ August 1, 2009 - 03:29AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I firmly believe that Holland wants all 23 players to be the best hockey players he can ice. If some of them also fight it's a bonus, but he won't remove a PKer or supplementary scorer to throw a guy out there who's only talent is giving the other team the stink eye and throwing his fists around. Know what I mean? That's why this Callahan kid makes me happy- he seems like he might be just that kind of "hockey player who also fights" guy.

How would you explain Kopecky, then? He wasted roster space from more important players in GR. He was certainly not one of the 23 best at anything on the team.

Also, hopefully this Callahan is tougher than "Dirty Harry" Callahan.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#108 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ August 1, 2009 - 01:29AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're arguing against a religion regarding fighters on this team. This ******* named Kenny Holland isn't out looking for them, but some fans certainly are, regardless of how little sense it makes.