• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

Stand Outs for the Wings this season?

Rate this topic

I wanted to get some ppl's opinions on who they think will be the Wings stand out players of the regular season. Who will be their best rookie? Who will score the most goals? Who will have the best +/-? Thigns like that. Obviously don't answer who will be the best defensemen, we all know LIdstrom will be.

Personally I feel like Leino could really break out, especially if he gets pp time. But Ericsson is probably the safe bet for the rookie nod.

I think Franzen breaks 40 this year with Zetterberg close behind.

I think Pav gets best +/-

I realize I am not exactly going out on a limb but I think Zetterberg will have the most goals with Franzen close behind. Datsyuk will have the most points and highest plus/minus. I realize he isnt a rookie but I think Filpulla is going to have a "break out" year with a career high in points by a lot.

Homer pick, but I believe if Dano's 100% healthy coming out of camp, I can see him netting 25-30 if he plays where he should (1st line/2nd PP). Leino would be the other one, if he gets a decent shot with good playing time. He's strong on the puck and makes smart decisions in the offensive zone.

I think Pav will lead in Points and +/-

Z will lead in goals (if he plays mostly with Dats and stays healthy Z could get 45)

Danny and Flip will breakout this year

Leino will be our Rookie of the year

Stewie and Kronner finally find some consistency

Big Rig will run away with the best rookie title. Helm will exceed expectations, Leino will just meet expectations, and Abby will also meet relatively low expectations. Fils will be a breakout player and finally earn some cred. Z, D and Lids will have play great hockey again. Franzen will frustrate the hell out of us during the year with inconsistent play.

***edited to acknowledge the blindassguessedness of these predictions so as to not have them held against me in May

Edited by kook_10

Franzen will frustrate the hell out of us during the year with inconsistent play.

***edited to acknowledge the blindassguessedness of these predictions so as to not have them held against me in May

I understand that this is blind predictions, but just curious what gives you that idea? When has franzen ever been inconsistent?

Anyways my own personal prediction, filppula will have an awesome breakout year, pavs and hank probably wont be healthy all year, so filppula will see a ton of 1st and second line minutes.. If that kid gets his confidence he could be a real star on this team...

Edited by tommingthepuck96

I think Datsyuk will have about 80-85 points (he can't have another year as great as the last two, can he?), Zetterberg 90+ points/40+ goals (bounce back year for him, I see a Selke in his future), Franzen 50 goals (I think he'll have a career year). Those guys will lead the way.

Filppula will have a good year I feel, but won't have more than 60 points at the most. Leino could reach 50 if all goes well.

Best +/- will be Lidstrom.

I think Ericcson will be loved on these boards because he'll drop the gloves and actually do half decent while still playing good hockey. Clearys gonna rack 'em up this year. People will see that Helm is an amazing hitter and forechecker but can't score 20 goals like some people think and something not may people have mentioned but Howard will show he deserves back up duty.

I wanted to get some ppl's opinions on who they think will be the Wings stand out players of the regular season. Who will be their best rookie? Who will score the most goals? Who will have the best +/-? Thigns like that. Obviously don't answer who will be the best defensemen, we all know LIdstrom will be.

Personally I feel like Leino could really break out, especially if he gets pp time. But Ericsson is probably the safe bet for the rookie nod.

I think Franzen breaks 40 this year with Zetterberg close behind.

I think Pav gets best +/-

Your right on the money, except for one thing. Lidstrom will have the better +/- with Pav close behind

I think Datsyuk will have about 80-85 points (he can't have another year as great as the last two, can he?), Zetterberg 90+ points/40+ goals (bounce back year for him, I see a Selke in his future), Franzen 50 goals (I think he'll have a career year). Those guys will lead the way.

Filppula will have a good year I feel, but won't have more than 60 points at the most. Leino could reach 50 if all goes well.

Best +/- will be Lidstrom.

Datsyuk has led the team in scoring since Fedorov left. Hes also won the last two Selke's, its just like Lidstrom and the Norris, the competition really has to impress to take away an award from a guy who wins it multiple years in a row.

If Datsyuk and Zetterberg play together all season and both are healthy. Datsyuk will finally hit 100+ points and Zetterberg should be good for 45 goals/95 points.

I have personally never seen any indication that Datsyuk is slowing down or that Zetterberg can be a 100+ point guy stand alone from Datsyuk. Zetterberg is at his best when hes a scoring center. Which seems weird but Datsyuk playing on the left wing and Zetterberg playing center is the best. Zetterberg's game is really brought down playing as a set up man.

Guest Four
+/- : Datsyuk + 49

Goals : Zetterberg 46, Franzen 41

Assists : Datsyuk 70, Filppula 55

Rookie : Leino 25 goals 25 assists

Wins : Osgood 41, Howard 20

61 Wins? Holy s***!

Everyone is putting the pressure on Fil, haha. I'm all for it, but let's hope he can handle it.

I don't have specific predicitons, but I think we're gonna start off struggling a bit until all the players figure out their roles. Then I think we'll meet the success of last year. Hopefully exceed it.

Everyone is putting the pressure on Fil, haha. I'm all for it, but let's hope he can handle it.

I don't have specific predicitons, but I think we're gonna start off struggling a bit until all the players figure out their roles. Then I think we'll meet the success of last year. Hopefully exceed it.

I don't know if its pressure but there is a realistic possibility that a guy like Zherdev or Sundin signs with the Red Wings. Filppula is going to be playing with some talented line mates, he definitely needs to show that he is completely capable of being the second line center so Babcock can stop splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Cleary(Holmstrom)

Zherdev-Filppula-Franzen

fap fap fap fap

Hanz and Franz!!! biznatches!

They'll pump ~clap~ you up. Okay it was **** but I couldn't resist!

Going on a limb, but I think Kopy will do stellar for the Wings this year too!

The sad things was.. Lils was looking to have his good season last year. If he can get over this concussion an recapture the form he left off with... he could do well. HOPEFULLY. The other sad thing is... you cant really count on him to keep it going all year.

But on topic, Dats is odds for points, Lids +/-, Franzen goals (cant see Z staying fit meaning Mule will get some 1st line time), strangely someone like Kronner having a great defensive year, and Lieno for rookie. I can just see Babs sitting Helm for a while... dont know why but then again... probably why I'm not a hockey coach.