• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Mats Sundin?

Rate this topic

Thanks to NHLSourcesSay on Twitter:

Mats Sundin to the Wings is "really" heating up, i am told Holland will likely go hard after him.

He posted that ten minutes ago.

Here's that guy's website: http://www.hendrickshockey.com/

He seem to have had some inside tracks on rumours recently (Tangay for example), so he seems like he could be credible.

Thanks to NHLSourcesSay on Twitter:

He posted that ten minutes ago.

Here's that guy's website: http://www.hendrickshockey.com/

He seem to have had some inside tracks on rumours recently (Tangay for example), so he seems like he could be credible.

for what it's worth...Eklund mention it today, too

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Rumo...ur-Team/1/22313

I'll be very disappointed if this happens. If it were going into the 2007-08 season, then I would've wanted Mats. Coming off half a season, injured and ineffective in the postseason, and pretty much forgotten in the hockey world, for anything more then 1.5 it's a waste. Mats is not the impact, decently physical big man anymore, he's pretty much Lang with a better slap shot.

Coming off half a season, injured and ineffective in the postseason

If anything I thought he looked a lot better during the post-season. I even remember a play where he looked like "the old" Mats. I'd still prefer the Wings spend the money on a grinder/defensive forward, though.

I'll be very disappointed if this happens. If it were going into the 2007-08 season, then I would've wanted Mats. Coming off half a season, injured and ineffective in the postseason, and pretty much forgotten in the hockey world, for anything more then 1.5 it's a waste. Mats is not the impact, decently physical big man anymore, he's pretty much Lang with a better slap shot.

you'd rather have a grinder than Mats Sundin?!? grinders can come from GR, Mats Sundin is one of the best players of this generation. Sure he had an off year by his standards but i think the fact that he joined more than halfway through the season had a lot to do with his troubles. He didnt have training camp and preseason to gel with his linemates, he was just tossed in there. Plus he had a very good postseason.

If anything I thought he looked a lot better during the post-season. I even remember a play where he looked like "the old" Mats. I'd still prefer the Wings spend the money on a grinder/defensive forward, though.

I know what play your referring to, when Mats grabbed a lose puck at center ice, flew down the wing and fired a slapper top shelf. That was from what I saw of Mats, one of his only positives. I'd probably re-grow my love for Mats if he did come here, but I dont believe this is the option. And I'm also with you, I want a grinding player to join the Wings, not skill.

For a Cool Million sign him up! Still leaves room to maybe get another UFA for around $1M... He'd have to wear #31. Grinding forward can be in the form of Peca, Grier or Malhorta. They may settle on McGRath or Oulahen for that too...

Look at it this way, if Sundin DID sign for $1M you'd be trading Sammy to Vancouver for Sundin & $250,000.

Mats Sundin to the Wings is "really" heating up, i am told Holland will likely go hard after him.

If the talks are "heating up," wouldn't that imply Holland IS going after him really hard... not WILL LIKELY?? Sounds like BS.

Edited by The Nephilim

Rangers will sign him for $4M for that reason alone.

Rangers can have him. I expect Holland to find the missing piece at camp.... which will come at a much, much cheaper price. Wings don't need 30-40 goal scorer, they need to play overall better team defense. They were sloppy when they had Hossa. I liked the 2007/08 team better than the 2008/09 team.

AGAIN! NO HITLER WITH MY HOCKEY DISCUSSION!!!

and also, Sundin to the wings AGAIN? again, for less than 1.5m and less than 2yrs, bring em do SOMETHING KENNY THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Edited by ltgator333