92 replies to this topic

#61 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (40#1Fan @ July 29, 2009 - 02:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just hit the Hendricks Hockey site after lunch to read about Sundin and one the lead articles is that the Wings have offered Jason Williams a $2.5 million contract.

According to the Hockey Insider, Jason Wiliams has been offered a contract by the Detroit Red Wings. The rumored deal is $2.5 million for one year. We have rated this at 80%. There is rumored that he wanted to stay in Columbus, but was never offered a contract.

http://www.hendrickshockey.com/

scared.gif NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#62 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

I would hoenstly rather rip my dick off and throw it in the woods than sign Jason Williams for $2.5M on a one year deal. Honestly, I would be absolutely shocked if Holland made that move. No way is he worth that money. There are better options out there far, far, far cheaper. That would be a huge mistake in my opinion.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#63 awingsincebirth

awingsincebirth

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (mmamolo @ July 29, 2009 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hoenstly rather rip my dick off and throw it in the woods than sign Jason Williams for $2.5M on a one year deal. Honestly, I would be absolutely shocked if Holland made that move. No way is he worth that money. There are better options out there far, far, far cheaper. That would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

QUOTE (mmamolo)
View Member Profile
I was only joking about not signing with the Wings for 900k. Obviously, I'd play for free. Hell, I'd probably donate my left nut to medical research to play for them.

hehe.gif

You, my good sir, place a frightening low value on the importance of your genitals.

hehe.gif

"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."

#64 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

or a strangely high value of importance on the moves the wings make

#65 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ July 29, 2009 - 12:49AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, somedays, I wish. I've been trying to gain weight and nothing works. The latest suggestion I've gotten is to eat half a can of peanut butter before I go to bed.

QUOTE (stillwater @ July 29, 2009 - 12:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peanut butter comes in cans?

Sounds like a diet I could live with ... nothing better than toast and peanut butter.

Milkshakes are also a good way to put on weight, of course not those protein shakes, real milkshakes. Smoke a lot of pot too.

QUOTE (VM1138 @ July 29, 2009 - 10:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say I've tried the last bit but the others don't work for me. I'm really ridiculously skinny and I've tried peanut butter, milkshakes, nothing.

Beer. NO light beer. Try some craft-brew stuff when $ isn't an issue. Also, beef jerky. NO fat-free BS.

BTW- Sundin > J Willy.

- LT

#66 REDHASEK

REDHASEK

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Detroit Red Wings have made a one-year contract offer to forward Jason Williams, according to sportingnews.com.

Williams, who played for the Wings in 2000-07 before being traded to Chicago, reportedly also is considering joining the Continental Hockey League in Russia. He split last season between Atlanta and Columbus.

Here's a portion of Craig Custance's blog on the subject:

"I'm not going to close the door on (the KHL)," Williams told SportingNews.com. "I know over there they're really trying to compete with the NHL. It's a great league."

Williams still has a home in the Detroit area, one he bought right before he was traded to the Blackhawks. He's renting it out now, and only lived in it for about six months before he left Detroit. The Red Wings would be a natural fit for Williams.

"I'd be going back to a spot I'm familiar with," Williams said. "I know the system they like to play: puck possession, good defense."

Edited by REDHASEK, 29 July 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#67 REDHASEK

REDHASEK

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (REDHASEK @ July 29, 2009 - 04:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Detroit Red Wings have made a one-year contract offer to forward Jason Williams, according to sportingnews.com.

Williams, who played for the Wings in 2000-07 before being traded to Chicago, reportedly also is considering joining the Continental Hockey League in Russia. He split last season between Atlanta and Columbus.

Here's a portion of Craig Custance's blog on the subject:

"I'm not going to close the door on (the KHL)," Williams told SportingNews.com. "I know over there they're really trying to compete with the NHL. It's a great league."

Williams still has a home in the Detroit area, one he bought right before he was traded to the Blackhawks. He's renting it out now, and only lived in it for about six months before he left Detroit. The Red Wings would be a natural fit for Williams.

"I'd be going back to a spot I'm familiar with," Williams said. "I know the system they like to play: puck possession, good defense."

Matts is a better player! then Jason Williams so why the F? would they pay this no good piece of s***? 2.5 million dollars to play for them? Sounds f***ed up to me!

Edited by REDHASEK, 29 July 2009 - 04:34 PM.

#68 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

Id take Sundin over Shootout Williams in a heartbeat i never was a big Shootout Williams fan please Kenny noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#69 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (mmamolo @ July 29, 2009 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hoenstly rather rip my dick off and throw it in the woods than sign Jason Williams for $2.5M on a one year deal.

This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. laugh.gif

#70 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ July 29, 2009 - 12:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, Shanahan signed with NJ for $800,000. That's not to say Sundin will do the same, I'm just saying, if the Wings are where he wants to be, and they lay it out for him that it will allow them flexibility, then maybe he considers.

BTW, you wouldn't sign with the Wings for $900,000? I'd sign with the Wings if I had to pay them.

Only problem is, I don't see Sundin taking a $3.8 million pay cut.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#71 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

Obviously you cant compare Sundin to Jason Williams. Maybe Sundin wants more money than we can afford or maybe he doesnt even want to play here. But that doesnt change the fact that a $2.5M/yr contract offer to Williams is bad.

I think the true offer must be more like $1.5M/yr. In my opinion I wouldnt even be too happy with that. It's clear that Williams, who made $2.2M last season, isn't too thrilled with the offer otherwise he would have accepted it.

I would much rather have:

Sundin
Shanahan
Sykora
Bertuzzi
Lang
Comrie
R. Niedermeyer
Grier
Pyatt
Malholtra

over Jason Williams at their appropriate salaries. But that's just my opinion

#72 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ July 29, 2009 - 11:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only problem is, I don't see Sundin taking a $3.8 million pay cut.

True - however nobody is beating down his door to sign him.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#73 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (mmamolo @ July 30, 2009 - 12:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously you cant compare Sundin to Jason Williams. Maybe Sundin wants more money than we can afford or maybe he doesnt even want to play here. But that doesnt change the fact that a $2.5M/yr contract offer to Williams is bad.

I think the true offer must be more like $1.5M/yr. In my opinion I wouldnt even be too happy with that. It's clear that Williams, who made $2.2M last season, isn't too thrilled with the offer otherwise he would have accepted it.

I would much rather have:

Sundin
Shanahan
Sykora
Bertuzzi
Lang
Comrie
R. Niedermeyer
Grier
Pyatt
Malholtra

over Jason Williams at their appropriate salaries. But that's just my opinion

Same here. I don't want Shanny back at all but I would much rather have him then Williams.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#74 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (ZetterbergFourty @ July 29, 2009 - 08:02AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough with the Sundin s***. No Cap room, no need for him. Wings already have Maltby as the guy that glides around the ice doing nothing.

True. Rather keep Malts. He may be old and slow and glides around the ice for a few mins per game, but at least he helped us win 4 Cups. Sundin is old and slow and glides around the ice and helped the Leafs ____ ????
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#75 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (newfy @ July 30, 2009 - 12:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here. I don't want Shanny back at all but I would much rather have him then Williams.

Out of everyone on that list I truly feel like Williams brings the least to the table and wouldn't even be the cheapest to bring on board. I would gladly take Shanahan at 700k than Williams even at $1.5M. Maybe Im biased against Jason Williams but I really dont want him on this team.

#76 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

Could this all be a ploy to bait Raffi Torres? If so, perhaps the goal is for him to keep away from players that actually contribute something other than frosted tips to a hockey team.

#77 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (RedWingAbner @ July 30, 2009 - 03:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could this all be a ploy to bait Raffi Torres? If so, perhaps the goal is for him to keep away from players that actually contribute something other than frosted tips to a hockey team.

Someone finally mentioned the name of someone I want on the Wings roster even less that Jason Williams...and that's Raffi Torres. No thank you

#78 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Doesn't it seem like the aging, ringless, sweedish perennial all-star would be interested in a one year, two million dollar contract with the wings!? would we be!?

#79 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

Being bald.

#80 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

Wallowing in mediocrity. Mats should've made a push for a Cup before his skills started to diminish, no interest in the Big Soft Swede, if we're talking Torontos Captain for the past decade sure, but he isnt that player anymore.

#NOMOREKINDL