• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Mats Sundin?

Rate this topic

Fats didn't do anything for the Canucks, so why should we expect anything better here?

And don't start in on the Swedish connection crap, because the Canucks had plenty of Swedes too. His antics last year with the Leafs got him exactly what he deserved. A first round exit.

Fats didn't do anything for the Canucks, so why should we expect anything better here?

And don't start in on the Swedish connection crap, because the Canucks had plenty of Swedes too. His antics last year with the Leafs got him exactly what he deserved. A first round exit.

Close. 2nd round.

At this point, half of me is almost expecting this to happen. If they can find a figure that both parties are satisfied with, it makes a lot of sense for both sides. I mean, heaven knows, but sitting here thinking about everyone that's left and the possibilities, I've just got this funny feeling that Sundin may end up being the guy we sign.

Someone finally mentioned the name of someone I want on the Wings roster even less that Jason Williams...and that's Raffi Torres. No thank you

What I meant was, maybe Raffi Torres could slam Jason Williams again. By signing Williams, the Wings take the target off of players who can actually (insert talent/contribution here) when they play CBJ.

If he's willing to try and win a Cup for the right price i would take Sundin.

It does appear to be the case. I was never so hot on the idea of Sundin but at this point, if the price is right, he may be the best option. I hate to say it in some ways, but when you look at the list of names of guys still out there and think about who really has potential to make an impact and add to the drive of the team, Sundin may be the best bet. But it'll come down to money for certain. One thing working for us is that most teams worth playing for are close to or already maxed out so it's not like he can march into any meeting and expect a paycheck like last year. Times have changed and the demand isn't there. What sucks is that taking a chance on just about anyone that's left amounts to a gamble that's working far less in the Wings favor than it might've 3-4 weeks ago. That said, how can you not consider Mats Sundin then if the price is right?