• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amsoil33

Sykora Possibly Coming To Detroit?

Rate this topic

Thats alright, depends how much we offer him. He can score, but has a lot of holes in his game.

He is kind of comparable to Sammy, but would prob come a lot cheaper.

I view Sykora and Williams as two pretty awful options at anything over $1m or possibly $1.5m -- with Williams as actually a more well-rounded player than Sykora.

Please surprise us with Prospal, Kenny!

If either one of those guys is signed for more than $1.25 I will be pissed. I really dont think either is worth more than that. In all hoensty I wouldnt even like to see it being more than $1M but I doubt either would even consider that offer so it must be a little higher.

I wouldn't mind Sykora. We desperately need a top 6 player and i think he could be a good guy for that role. As long as he stays healthy i think he will score anywhere from 25-30 goals in a Wings uniform.

I really can't think of a better candidate right now for the job. We need a top 6 guy and there aren't many left that could fill that role.

Words can't describe how happy I am right now.

:thumbdown:

The Pens benched this old man during the Finals and now we go after him? Holland is barking up the wrong trees right now. The top free agents we should have signed are already off the table. Holland is now going after the

leftovers (crap).

Sykora is the biggest wuss in the league, i remember 2 years ago where he was so preoccupied with not getting hit by kronwall, well i guess kane might be slightly weaker

Edited by jollymania

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det090730.html

"Meanwhile, the Red Wings are also interested in Sykora.

According to the Booth News, the Wings have contacted Sykora's agent, but have yet to offer a formal contract. "

I read that somewhere in a linked story on the Snapshots blog earlier this week. It wasn't related to "Booth News" as far as I remember, but it did say they'd talked to his agent but hadn't offered a contract.

If we're talking about the regular season 25 goal Sykora I'd be happy to have him here. If we're talking about the guy who was scratched for almost the entire Penguins playoff run I'd rather not.

The big question is who would show up at camp...

I'm not against Sykora per se, or Williams for that matter. However, if we're close to signing Williams, we shouldn't sign Sykora. I think that we need a guy who is good for around 20 goals or so, as well as a solid defensive forward.

Ideally, I would like to get Prospal and Betts, but that probably won't happen. Signing two offensively slightly above average, defensively sub-par, not particularly gritty players is not what we need. However, I'm sure Kenny knows that, and if this rumour has substance to it, the Wings may just be making sure they get someone in case Williams falls through.

Like I said earlier, I'd be happy with either Sykora or Williams - as long as they come for around 1.25-1.5 million - but not both. Spend another million on a solid defensive forward (Help us Blairi wan Bettsobi. You're our only hope.), and leave us with wiggle room, and also ensuring that we're not forced to move another defenseman without knowing what Lilja's condition is going to be.

Guest Shoreline

NOOOO. Why would the Wings go for a scorer?! They only lost a bunch of goals when they lost Hossa, Sammy, and likely Hudler. :ranting:

I know the best way to make up for it! Trade for Boogaard! Or better yet, another "gritty" forward, as if there's not enough of those! They'll score up and down on those motherf***ers. Hell yeah. wankux8.gif

I live in NY, I get to see Blair Betts play all the time. He is a guy the wings need to go after. He's a great penalty killer and a hard worker. Given how bad our PK was last year, I say make an offer to Betts. The guy can skate and always makes the right play.