• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DYags

Kyle Wellwood re-signs with Canucks

Rate this topic

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2738...llion-deal.html

I think Wellwood would have been a real nice addition at $1.2 million. He scored 18 goals and was a -1 +/- last year with the Canucks. He's faster and better defensively than Williams, and he's also a right hand shot. I didn't realize how young he was, only 25. We might have been able to get him for 2 or 3 years averaging $1.2 million/per.

Hmmmm.... I hope Holland gets that arbiter!

Hudler essentially has twice the points of Wellwood - $2.4m?

That would be nice :)

So Ovechkin should only be making $4.8 mil. with his measly 110 points? :ph34r:

The salaries grow exponentially, not in a linear fashion, as you move to a higher caliber player.

Wellwood will make $1.2 mil./27 pts = $44,444 per point.

Ovechkin makes $9 mil./110 pts = $81,818 per pt.

Assuming the same exponential progression, Hudler should make about $62,666 per point which works out to be $3.57 mil. per year.

Not that I think the salaries actually conform to any such rigid mathematical rule.

So Ovechkin should only be making $4.8 mil. with his measly 110 points? :ph34r:

The salaries grow exponentially, not in a linear fashion, as you move to a higher caliber player.

Wellwood will make $1.2 mil./27 pts = $44,444 per point.

Ovechkin makes $9 mil./110 pts = $81,818 per pt.

Assuming the same exponential progression, Hudler should make about $62,666 per point which works out to be $3.57 mil. per year.

Not that I think the salaries actually conform to any such rigid mathematical rule.

Although Wellwood put up 42 pts in 48 games in '07.

Either way, it bodes well for Holland (and reafirms he should have taken Filppula to arbitration, in my mind).

I can't believe the majority of this forum would complain about Williams potentially re-joining the Wings, only to have someone turn around and suggest Kyle Wellwood would have been a good fit. If you want a player who is as lazy as they come, useless in the corners, and has no care for proper conditioning, look no further than Happy Meal himself. Wellwood is a slob.