• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bonan78

30 Teams in 30 Days

Rate this topic

Why talk about something possitive when there are none? wake up!

Oh, mindfly, you're just as glum as a kilt salesman in Nepal.

Nothing positive? My dear... we still have a Norris Trophy winner, a couple of Selke winners, not to mention a finalist (granted one of the winners was a half a decade ago, but he's still a face-off king), several exciting young men making their first regular season appearances. We've got 2 Conn Smythe winners, a goalie who stays cool under playoff pressure, and a fantastic coach. Add to that the King of Crunch, a forward who broke a Gordie Howe record, and a fine workhorse in the person of Danny Cleary and you've got a solid foundation to build on with a lot of hope for the future.

And if Lilja returns, it will only be sweeter.

They'll have plenty of positive things to talk about. Whether or not they will choose to do so is another story.

Give yourself a great big hug and cheer up! The future looks bright for the Wings.

Oh, mindfly, you're just as glum as a kilt salesman in Nepal.

Nothing positive? My dear... we still have a Norris Trophy winner, a couple of Selke winners, not to mention a finalist (granted one of the winners was a half a decade ago, but he's still a face-off king), several exciting young men making their first regular season appearances. We've got 2 Conn Smythe winners, a goalie who stays cool under playoff pressure, and a fantastic coach. Add to that the King of Crunch, a forward who broke a Gordie Howe record, and a fine workhorse in the person of Danny Cleary and you've got a solid foundation to build on with a lot of hope for the future.

And if Lilja returns, it will only be sweeter.

They'll have plenty of positive things to talk about. Whether or not they will choose to do so is another story.

Give yourself a great big hug and cheer up! The future looks bright for the Wings.

:thumbup:

Cheers to YOU!

Apparently my statement was misinterpreted.

I meant some positive news, i.e. signing a free agent, making a trade, something to appease the doomsday posters here.

I know that we have a lot of positives as a team, my point was that with all of the subtractions, it would be nice to have an addition or two, no offense to Delmore, Janik, and the other depth guys we signed for GR, but I want to know who is going to fill the vacancies on the 3rd/4th lines, and it would be nice to know at least one of them by the time they do this report on August 11th.

That is all.

Kind of funny, moronic Wes Goldstein of CBSSports gives the Wings a B for their off-season moves, slightly below Columbus' B+ within the Central. Interesting how when a team does nothing, they still rate a grade, and a B at that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but Wes has proven his ineptitude in grading NHL teams in the past. His power rankings through the year are an absolute joke.

Keep in mind, the Wings are looking for 3rd and 4th liners. . . not a bad position to be in.

Just got done reading the 30 in 30 article on the Red Wings and it was a real good article and summary of the team and what we as fan could expect for the up-coming season. Reading it makes me excited for next season and now I can't wait even more for Training Camp to get the season going. I suggest everyone read it because it is good.

Guest mindfly

If you read the article they only say they added delmore and janik... eaves and williams are only on the "team in" list, but not in the actual article.. weird... since those two d-men are bound for grand rapids.

Was it just me or did the coverage seem a little thin regarding the Wings. The reason I'm saying this is when Chicago was featured, every tab was Chicago related. Wings only had 2 of the 5 tabs and one of the others still dealt with Crosby jerking off with the Cup. You mean to tell me there is more info on one player with the Cup than an entire team preparing for the upcoming season?

Traning camp and the reg season can't get here soon enough.

I expected more info.

Edited by MadMan Mark

Guest Shoreline
I guess just a reminder, tomorrow Tuesday the 11th is the Red Wings day for this.

If anyone cares :ph34r:

Nooooo...

I missed it. :(

Was it just me or did the coverage seem a little thin regarding the Wings. The reason I'm saying this is when Chicago was featured, every tab was Chicago related. Wings only had 2 of the 5 tabs and one of the others still dealt with Crosby jerking off with the Cup. You mean to tell me there is more info on one player with the Cup than an entire team preparing for the upcoming season?

Traning camp and the reg season can't get here soon enough.

I expected more info.

You're right MadMan it seemed like NHL.com could have provided a little more info on a team that Was in the Stanley Cup finals two years in a row. It would have been nice to see all the tabs filled with Red Wings info but apparently the NHL and NHL.com didn't feel they need to provide a little more information on the Detroit Red Wings. They could have broke that down a little bit more and used the tabs for each little section but they used it all in 2.