• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Jimmy Devellano Interview - 7-31

Rate this topic

What is it with these retreads? These guys didn't work out the first time around, why would they even consider bringint them back.

I say we make a trade with Atlanta and bring back Slava Kozlov. He was traded for Hasek, not because he sucks. Bring him back.

What is it with these retreads? These guys didn't work out the first time around, why would they even consider bringint them back.

I say we make a trade with Atlanta and bring back Slava Kozlov. He was traded for Hasek, not because he sucks. Bring him back.

^This. Still miss Kozlov, and he's had good seasons in Atlanta.

We don't exactly have a lot of choice in the matter folks. I'm not saying I like it at all, but this is about as rough as the off-season could've gone for us. This is absolutely the worst-case scenario the Wings were expecting this off-season. It's not like we're screwed out of making the playoffs as we still have a solid core, but we were a signing or two away from being favorites to return the Finals for the 3rd year in a row. Simply put, that simply isn't so much the case now. Time will tell how it all shakes down, but like Jimmy D has said numerous times, it's very tough to make up the 82 goals we lost from 3 guys and all the tougher in July after most of the guys that are most likely to help have been signed by other teams. It's slim pickings now. We could come out fine, but it's not as much of a given at this point when you have to gamble on iffy players to make up for guys that left.

Can we bring Brad Norton back too? At least he fights.

It looks like our 4th line this year may be even more useless than last year's, especially if we waste cap space on some of these names being considered. Sign Grier and an enforcer. After that, we shall see what we shall see.

Agreed.

Wings wanted to re-sign Bertuzzi when he was a free agent. So i don't know how he didn't "work out", he wasn't that bad.

I would take him over Sykora, or Williams.

Hell yes, me too. That being said, I'm still not sure I want him.

This offseason promises to get even worse man...

We are looking at 3rd and 4th liners. . . let's inject some new blood to go along with the energy from our youth (Helm, Leino, Ericsson). Even Williams was talking KHL BS. If you want to play there so bad, go. Bertuzzi has been passed around like some fat, drunk high school chick. Keep him away from the Wings. There are plenty of possibilities, and not bad ones out there. . . Prospal, Malhotra, Grier, etc to satisfy 3rd and 4th line.

I'm in the minority here, but I'd be totally cool with Bertuzzi. Everyone here is acting like he was terrible. Well, if I remember correctly, he didn't even join us until right before the playoffs and when he did, was coming off an injury and didn't look half bad. Get'er done Kenny!

AWESOME!

MAYBE WILLIAMS CAN CROSS CHECK A DOWNED PLAYER IN THE BACK, LEADING TO A POWER PLAY THAT LEADS TO A COMPLETE 3RD PERIOD MELTDOWN IN AN ELIMINATION GAME.

OR MAYBE BERTUZZI CAN TURN THE PUCK OVER TO COREY PERRY FOR AN EARLY GOAL TO SET THE TONE IN A GAME TAILOR-MADE TO SEND THE WINGS BACK TO THE JOE UP 3-1 IN THE SERIES.

******* AWESOME!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that the Wings should just sign Grier and give Leino/Abdelkader bigger roles and see what happens? Just because there are some empty spots doesn't mean you have to fill them with garbage. Abdelkader didn't look out of place during the playoffs, what's the big hesitation on giving him a full-time role? He's 22 so he's not really that young anymore, it gets annoying when the Wings refuse to put anyone new who is under 25 into the lineup.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Wings should just sign Grier and give Leino/Abdelkader bigger roles and see what happens? Just because there are some empty spots doesn't mean you have to fill them with garbage. Abdelkader didn't look out of place during the playoffs, what's the big hesitation on giving him a full-time role? He's 22 so he's not really that young anymore, it gets annoying when the Wings refuse to put anyone new who is under 25 into the lineup.

you can't earn your way into the line up by scoring back to back goals in the stanley cup finals and amazing rookie season in the AHL, DUHH... you either need to 1) threaten management that you will go play in another country if you're not in the line up or 2) have your waiver eligibility kick in so that the team has no choice but to keep you around..... you didn't know that by now??

The Wings know that he's going to for the most part play a third line role. They just want him in an environment in which he'll play 20 minutes a night not for the sake of playing minutes but to also work on his weaknesses on offense (playmaking, scoring touch) so that when it comes time to play in the playoffs he won't hesitate to be aggressive if he has a scoring chance.

The Wings know that he's going to for the most part play a third line role. They just want him in an environment in which he'll play 20 minutes a night not for the sake of playing minutes but to also work on his weaknesses on offense (playmaking, scoring touch) so that when it comes time to play in the playoffs he won't hesitate to be aggressive if he has a scoring chance.

Abdelkader did score in the playoffs on his only scoring chances... and isn't he projected to be a third line player?? Maybe we should send Datsyuk to Grand Rapids to let him work on being aggressive if he has a scoring chance in the playoffs

Yeah, Abdelkader shouldnt worrying about scoring, that'll come, he was a more impactful player in 4 games in the Finals then Hossa, Homer, Maltby, and Hudler. He just needs to work on confidence and to finish every check like Helm and if the rough stuff comes, show the Wings brass what you got. I believe in this kid, his numbers and game in GR were great, and scoring the insurance goals in Gms 1&2 of the Finals?! Keep him over any of the guys I mentioned and we're probably Cup champs, and theres no question about him playing for Detroit this year.