• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Jimmy Devellano Interview - 7-31

Rate this topic

Ok, alot of us have our wish list. One by one they disappeared. There are some left out there that we have jumped to after our favorites have been scooped up. These players are left out there for two reasons. Either nobody wants them, or their asking price is too much. Really, for Ken Holland, UFA season has just started because he was forced t wait and see what was gonna happen with Greedy Gonzales. I am willing to bet that Holland goes into training camp with some invities and giving McGrath and Oulahen their chance at making the club too.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Wings should just sign Grier and give Leino/Abdelkader bigger roles and see what happens? Just because there are some empty spots doesn't mean you have to fill them with garbage. Abdelkader didn't look out of place during the playoffs, what's the big hesitation on giving him a full-time role? He's 22 so he's not really that young anymore, it gets annoying when the Wings refuse to put anyone new who is under 25 into the lineup.

I think Abby is a last resort, as Holland wants to let him play top-6 minutes in GR and let him develop more. (We all saw how much Helm improved as a result of this).

I think Abby is a last resort, as Holland wants to let him play top-6 minutes in GR and let him develop more. (We all saw how much Helm improved as a result of this).

I understand that approach but maybe Abby doesn't need it. He registered 52 points last season and Helm in the two years as a griffin barely got close to 40. Maybe all that Abby needs to work on is his tendency to take dumb penalties. Would he need another year in GR for that?

I understand that approach but maybe Abby doesn't need it. He registered 52 points last season and Helm in the two years as a griffin barely got close to 40. Maybe all that Abby needs to work on is his tendency to take dumb penalties. Would he need another year in GR for that?

I heard people say this when he was called up last season, but he never once took a bad penalty. Kronwall takes dumb penalties, but he's a fixture in Detroit. Abby should be given a chance, he has more upside then any of the garbage on the FA market.

My guess is Holland and Babs still see some untapped potential they want to develop. After all, he's really only been in the pros for a year. While I agree he could probably step right onto the 3rd/4th line and play effectively, I think the powers think he can maybe improve his scoring touch or his defensive abilities or etc.

If they develop him right, I can really see Abby turning into a Colby Armstrong/Dustin Brown type player

you can't earn your way into the line up by scoring back to back goals in the stanley cup finals and amazing rookie season in the AHL, DUHH... you either need to 1) threaten management that you will go play in another country if you're not in the line up or 2) have your waiver eligibility kick in so that the team has no choice but to keep you around..... you didn't know that by now??

What is with the Leino being a crybaby bologna? The guy had the potential to play better minutes in other places and he chose Detroit.

He deserves a spot on the team, and Abdelkader scoring two goals in the finals (one being very flukey) doesn't make him suddenly a great option for bringing up to the NHL. And there is nothing wrong with keeping some players in GR to give them playing time and get them better. Detroit has the capacity to do that because they have plenty of talent already.