• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

What about Michel Ouellet? He's a natural scorer

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I've been following this guy for several seasons. He's always had a knack for scoring. Not a playmaker but was a bonafide goal scorer in Junior. Seems to not get enough quality time but continues to score goals. Not sure what his deficiencies are.

But he is only 27 and at 6-1, 200 is decently sized, plays the Right Wing I believe

Take a look at these numbers

50 games 16 goals, 32 points with Pitt

73 games, 19 goals, 48 points with Tampa

64 games, 17 goals, 36 points with Tampa

He was -16 in 2 years in Pitt but also a +11 with Tampa :yowza: in 08.

He made 1.3 mil last year. He's unrestricted and looking for work I believe.

For a sub 1 mil contract maybe we could get guy who could bag 20+ goals in a Detroit sweater.

Thoughts?

:siren: Wow, this guy looks like THE one. If we get him for what he got paid last year we still have $1.25m, and if we send Abdelkader down we have over $2m to fill his spot. :siren:

Edited by cjm502

For some reason Holland hasn't been too keen on Frenchmen lately.

As far as this guy goes, he had a decent season in Tampa, but wasn't used much last year in Vancouver or was maybe injured. In either case, it'd be a risky investment just based on one decent season in Tampa.

I'll give most of you the benefit of the doubt since you probably haven't watched as many Pens games as I have, but let me just give Michel Ouellet a big HELL NO!

He was Michel Therrien's boy for years and was given every opportunity to shine and played like a POS. He's not strong defensively, he's not a fast skater and doesn't play physical. He would be a great addition for the GRG, but not the Wings.

I'll give most of you the benefit of the doubt since you probably haven't watched as many Pens games as I have, but let me just give Michel Ouellet a big HELL NO!

He was Michel Therrien's boy for years and was given every opportunity to shine and played like a POS. He's not strong defensively, he's not a fast skater and doesn't play physical. He would be a great addition for the GRG, but not the Wings.

So in other words, he's the French version of Jason Williams.

Sign him this instant Kenny.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

That's interesting.

But how do you explain his goal totals over the last 3 years? The guy only plays about 80% of the games and gets, 16, 17 and 19 goals?

Is he injury prone or something? Is a bonafide 15-20 goal scorer growing on trees or something?

I know little about him aside from his goal totals per game played seem to show that he has not lost all of his junior scoring touch.

So far as his defensively play, I'd argue Hudler is far from a Selke winner and the Wings are chalk full of defensive studs.

Yes, he isn't physical. But who on the Wings is? And if we aren't going to fill the roster out with any physicality then maybe we ought to replace some of the scoring we lost.

Anyway, no biggie, just floating it out there. Guy seemed like he could score with limited ice time so..

But how do you explain his goal totals over the last 3 years? The guy only plays about 80% of the games and gets, 16, 17 and 19 goals?

Is he injury prone or something? Is a bonafide 15-20 goal scorer growing on trees or something?

He scored more than half of those goals on the powerplay. You play on a powerplay with Sid or Malkin - you'll put a few in, too.

That's essentially what he is, a guy with a shot but no other attributes. He got put on waivers by the Lightning, eventually traded and sent down to the AHL the second he was with the Canucks for a reason. He doesn't bring much to the table except a few goals. It goes against the Wings' philosophy to go get goals for goals' sake.

There's a very good reason he hasn't been given many opportunities. Watch his play in the defensive zone....

Before last season I'd agree with you. But +11 on a lottery pick team is no easy feat.

This kid might have promise, I don't know enough about him to say. I'd definitely ask the scouts to take a look at him if I were Holland, though.

Prospal is still my favourite choice right now.

Before last season I'd agree with you. But +11 on a lottery pick team is no easy feat.

This kid might have promise, I don't know enough about him to say. I'd definitely ask the scouts to take a look at him if I were Holland, though.

this.

That's interesting.

I know little about him aside from his goal totals per game played seem to show that he has not lost all of his junior scoring touch.

So far as his defensively play, I'd argue Hudler is far from a Selke winner and the Wings are chalk full of defensive studs.

Yes, he isn't physical. But who on the Wings is? And if we aren't going to fill the roster out with any physicality then maybe we ought to replace some of the scoring we lost.

Anyway, no biggie, just floating it out there. Guy seemed like he could score with limited ice time so..

In Pittsburgh a lot of people referred to him as the "Garbage Man" for all the garbage goals he scored. Like Anomalously mentioned, a lot of those goals were scored on the PP. Pens fans couldn't wait for the day that he left, we'll be the same way if he comes here.

True. But keep in mind last year on a contending team he only played 3 games, spending the rest of the season in the AHL. To me, that is a bit of a red flag. Obviously teams are seeing something that are keeping him out of consistent time in the NHL.

And yea, as far as skill guys go, Prospal is my #1 pick as well