• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Itan Chavira

Rate this topic

Dunno if anyone here has heard of this guy, but I just read about him in THN. Guess this guy is huge in roller hockey, but is now giving ice a try at the age of 21.

This is just one of many youtube videos i found of him, and man this kid has some talent!!

I say get it done, Kenny!!

Edited by Chase

nothing against the kids roller hockey talent, because he has tons... but this is hardly the same game as putting on the blades... I really hope you were at least half joking with this post...

I was obviously being sarcastic about the get it done, kenny part.....

But if this guy can translate this onto ice, it would be something else.

I'd be more concerned with his size, looks like a twig.

Also, around 1:45 the clip of him when he was little, that was on ice, so who knows maybe he can translate over.

*Edit* And he's already started playing ice hockey, he played 16 games for the Ontario Reign last season, put up 6 pts.

Edited by Swayze

Pretty boy might get a bruise. Roller hockey is no checking. He's all of what 145 lbs? As I recall, every semi decent roller hockey player could dazzle with cool moves like this. He's nothing but a little boy. Crosby could kick his ass.

This guy actually played with my neighbor in his first year ever playing ice hockey 2 years ago in Charlottetown in the MJAHL up here in canada. It's a Jr A league and he ripped it up. He's a goal scorer/dangler and made the transition pretty easily, although i doubt he'll ever make it to the NHL he's a gifted puck handler. He's great in one-on-one battles but lacks a sense of team play, i guess that's the roller hockey rubbing off on him.

Look him up on hockeydb. I guess he's in the ECHL now with the Ontario Reign, didn't know that. On hockeydb it only says he played with Yarmouth, but he just finished the season there, the bulk of his points were with Charlottetown. 85 points in 52 games playing on a bottom feeding team...not bad.

Edited by Jarret_G

This guy actually played with my neighbor in his first year ever playing ice hockey 2 years ago in Charlottetown in the MJAHL up here in canada. It's a Jr A league and he ripped it up. He's a goal scorer/dangler and made the transition pretty easily, although i doubt he'll ever make it to the NHL he's a gifted puck handler. He's great in one-on-one battles but lacks a sense of team play, i guess that's the roller hockey rubbing off on him.

Look him up on hockeydb. I guess he's in the ECHL now with the Ontario Reign, didn't know that. On hockeydb it only says he played with Yarmouth, but he just finished the season there, the bulk of his points were with Charlottetown. 85 points in 52 games playing on a bottom feeding team...not bad.

Not bad at all! I just thought it was interesting that The Hockey News wrote an article on this guy, and I pulled up his youtube videos and was blown away.

nothing against the kids roller hockey talent, because he has tons... but this is hardly the same game as putting on the blades... I really hope you were at least half joking with this post...

Re: Emmanuel "Manny" Fernández Legacé, from wikipedia.org :

Prior to being selected by the Whalers, Legacé played in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Niagara Falls Thunder and in the Roller Hockey League RHI for the Toronto Planets.