• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Top 10 Americans in NHL

Rate this topic

Rafalski has been a great fit on this team since coming here. He's always been on teams that were fairly stacked with talent, and has never fully gotten his props for his accomplishments. Then again, maybe he likes being second behind Lidstrom (and previously with Neidermayer).. but he seems like a great team guy, and has fit in well with our system and has been quite productive.

I think too many people underrate Brian Rafalski. Although he has always been a #2 defensman, he has been in the top 5 or 10 in the league for defensive scoring every year he has played in the NHL. He also won an MVP and 2 Defensman of the year awards in Finland. I don't think he ever got drafted either.

I'd put Stastny a little higher, but aside from that, it looks right. Bobby Ryan will be on that list next season, and I think Kane will move up a spot.

Should I be embarrassed that I thought Rick Nash was an American?

Sorry, yes. He has played for Team Canada on numerous occasions.

I think too many people underrate Brian Rafalski. Although he has always been a #2 defensman, he has been in the top 5 or 10 in the league for defensive scoring every year he has played in the NHL. He also won an MVP and 2 Defensman of the year awards in Finland. I don't think he ever got drafted either.

Completely agree. He is a great defensemen and I really think a lot of people don't appreciate or acknowledge the work he has and will do on the ice.