• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Purrrfect lines for next season

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

DELETED - no longer relevent, please do not reply.

Edited by blueadams

That's all fine and good but Bert on the 4th line?... He's gone downhill but he's not a 4th line player. If they're going to sign him it'll be as a 2nd-3rd line guy. It'd be more like:

Z-Dats-Cleary/Homer

Mule-Flip-Bert

Leino-Helm-Homer/Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Eaves

His salary alone would be a reason to put him ahead of Eaves.

good lord i hope not. Its not even like the predicted lines mean anything, lines get changed around all the time, especially at the beginning of the season. The best one ive heard today was Eaves-Dats-Cleary as the first line... seriously, someone mentioned that.

Guest blueadams
good lord i hope not. Its not even like the predicted lines mean anything, lines get changed around all the time, especially at the beginning of the season. The best one ive heard today was Eaves-Dats-Cleary as the first line... seriously, someone mentioned that.

what is it that u dont like about these lines?

lines get changed around all the time, especially at the beginning of the season.

True. I'll do it this way. No matter what the lines may be, I expect certain players to stay on a top two scoring line as well as fluctuate between the 2nd and 3rd lines and etc.

--Fixtures for Scoring Lines 1 & 2--

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Franzen

Filppula ( Please... I don't care if he's on Pav's wing)

--2nd/3rd Line Tweeners--

Holmstrom

Cleary

Leino

--Bottom Two Lines--

Helm

Eaves

Draper

Maltby

Abby or FA

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Leino-Helm-Eaves

Maltby-Draper-*Bertuzzi/Grier

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja/Lebda

Osgood

Howard

I loooove that 3rd line. Quick, crafty and a lot of potential. :thumbup:

Guest blueadams

hmmm....maybe Burt could sort of replace Hossa...think about it...

lines last season:

Pav-Hank-Clears

Hoss-Flip-Mule

Homer-Helm-Sammy

Huds-Drapes-Malts

lines next season:

Pav-Hank-Clears

Mule-Flip-BURT

Homer-Helm-EAVES

LEINO-Drapes-Malts

so, essentially, we've got Burt replacing Hoss, Eaves replacing Sammy, and Leino replacing Huds

True. I'll do it this way. No matter what the lines may be, I expect certain players to stay on a top two scoring line as well as fluctuate between the 2nd and 3rd lines and etc.

--Fixtures for Scoring Lines 1 & 2--

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Franzen

Filppula

--2nd/3rd Line Tweeners--

Holmstrom

Cleary

Leino

--Bottom Two Lines--

Helm

Eaves

Draper

Maltby

Abby or FA

100% Agree with you.

I laugh whenever I see Filppula on the third line and Helm on Second or Eaves on Second/First.

Holmstrom is the wild card because he could inevitabley play on the first line as well if Babs goes with a ZDH line again. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he was traded away or bought out as I think Franzen can do everything he does.

Happy Hunting LGW

[stuff]

lines next season:

[stuff]

Mule-Flip-BURT

[stuff]

LEINO-Drapes-Malts

[stuff]

The only problems I have are this. That second line is a very slow line, even with the Finnish Flash that is Filppula and my second gripe is that there is no way Leino will be playing on the fourth line, even with Burt or Prospal on this team.

I think a Leino-Helm-Eaves line, while potentially awesome, is a little scary at least at the start of the season with two rookies and a redwing newbie playing together. Even though he deserves top 6 minutes I would rather have Cleary anchoring the third line. Plus an all Canadian line would be awesome! :)

ZDH = Awesome

Mule-Filpulla-Leino Frazen and the Fins = huge scoring potential

Cleary-Helm-Eaves Oh Canada!

Maltby-Draper-? Hopefully we sign at least a solid defensive foward to go here.

I think a Leino-Helm-Eaves line, while potentially awesome, is a little scary at least at the start of the season with two rookies and a redwing newbie playing together.

Leino and Helm played a full season together last year on the same line. They'd be perfect....purrrrfectly.... fine playing together.

Four potential line situations based on which personnel actually end up on the roster:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Franzen/Filppula/Leino

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Maltby/Draper/Abdelkader

McGrath/Oulahen

Franzen/Filppula/Leino

Cleary/McGrath/Eaves

Maltby/Draper/Helm

Oulahen

Franzen/Filppula/Leino

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Maltby/Draper/Oulahen

McGrath

Franzen/Filppula/Hudler

Cleary/Eaves/Leino

Maltby/Draper/Helm

With

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Ericsson/Delmore

Meech

Osgood

Howard

Leaves the Wings about $1.54m in cap space with the first option, $2.28 with the second and third, and $550k with the fourth.

Jesus Christ...

There's still enough cap space if Hudler chooses to play in Detroit, and no official decision has been made. While it's most likely that Hudler is going to end up in Moscow, he's still probably more likely than Bertuzzi.

holmstrom should not be on the first line, at least not to start. if he starts playing better, then sure. i know he had injuries last season, but he did not play well at all

holmstrom should not be on the first line, at least not to start. if he starts playing better, then sure. i know he had injuries last season, but he did not play well at all

I agree that he doesnt deserve the top line right now, but I feel like playing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg sort of "hides" him because they are so good he basically just needs to stand in front of the net. If hes on the third or fourth line he would actually need to play defense which could be a problem.

There's still enough cap space if Hudler chooses to play in Detroit, and no official decision has been made. While it's most likely that Hudler is going to end up in Moscow, he's still probably more likely than Bertuzzi.

How official does it have to be? He's young and he wants to make some loot...he's gone. Its all about perogies, snow and vodka for Huds now. I am so anti salary cap its not even funny and this is the price we have to pay in this era of hockey. Draft em, develop em, polish em and then when someone comes calling with more money they jump ship. It sucks but its strictly business !!

What about Abbey. I know I am an Abby supporter and a fan but is he going to be in the minors again? I saw him in the playoffs and he played amazingly. I just think he deserved his shot at the Pros. I think if you put him and Leino on a line together, they would be amazing wih each other.

What yall think...yall thinik Abby deserves a shot with the big boys?

What about Abbey. I know I am an Abby supporter and a fan but is he going to be in the minors again? I saw him in the playoffs and he played amazingly. I just think he deserved his shot at the Pros. I think if you put him and Leino on a line together, they would be amazing wih each other.

What yall think...yall thinik Abby deserves a shot with the big boys?

you can't earn a spot in this line up there's only 2 ways you can crack it

1) run out of waiver eligibility and make the team by default

2) threaten to go back to your home country if you don't make the team

you can't just step in and score 2 goals in 2 games in the SCF or something then make the roster next season, wtf you think this is?!

you can't earn a spot in this line up there's only 2 ways you can crack it

1) run out of waiver eligibility and make the team by default

2) threaten to go back to your home country if you don't make the team

you can't just step in and score 2 goals in 2 games in the SCF or something then make the roster next season, wtf you think this is?!

Helm broke your rules. :ph34r:

Seriously, though, Abdelkader will get a nice long look when his time comes. He's only got one season as a pro under his belt. It's not like he's been waiting in GR for 4 years :P

If the team didn't already have 4 rookies on it going into October AND Abs had a shot at getting more than 7 mins a night he'd be a shoe in. But as it stands now he's better served playing the role of a 1st line centre in GR and getting 20 mins a night and being cast in the light of a locker room leader. I'm sure he'll thrive because this kid hasn't stumbled yet.

Once he gets here he's going to be a great Wing.

Helm broke your rules. :ph34r:

Seriously, though, Abdelkader will get a nice long look when his time comes. He's only got one season as a pro under his belt. It's not like he's been waiting in GR for 4 years :P

If the team didn't already have 4 rookies on it going into October AND Abs had a shot at getting more than 7 mins a night he'd be a shoe in. But as it stands now he's better served playing the role of a 1st line centre in GR and getting 20 mins a night and being cast in the light of a locker room leader. I'm sure he'll thrive because this kid hasn't stumbled yet.

Once he gets here he's going to be a great Wing.

No he won't. Guillaume Latendresse hasn't really shown he's going to be more than a 2nd/3rd liner, and he was going to be SO much better than Abby, right everyone? *whistles*