• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Another Signing Soon?

Rate this topic

Most of us expect the Wings to sign one more forward.

So when will it be?

I have a gut feeling it's going to be soon, maybe even tomorrow.

I think it's clear that Holland has been negotiating all summer, but not committing to any one player (except Eaves and Williams, apparently). He was simply waiting for the Hudler situation to end before he made a move.

Eaves came pretty quick after the Hudler decision, and it makes me think he has his options already lined up and on speed dial.

So does he wait until training camp and hope someone is left, or does he sign someone he's already had his eye on soon?

I really hope it's as soon as possible. I've been so damn anxious for that "big" offseason signing.

you might be waiting depending on what you think is big. There will be one more signing I'm sure but I'm not sure who or what type of player. I do think it'll be sooner rather than later. Would love Prospal but I doubt it. Sykora might be 2nd on my list if they are looking offensive side. It's getting to have that summer 05 feel whent he Wings were picking up the cast aways. Worked that year and if that's what they are going to have to do this summer I'll hope it works out as well as that season did. No one here thought #1 overall was happening. A lot of people here were saying no playoffs.

Edited by StevieY9802

If Holland is in the market for another "diamond in the rough" you can bet he will sign this player soon. The rest of the league would have taken notice of the Eaves signing and are probably now raking the coals themselves.

If Holland is in the market for a 20 goal man, you can bet he''ll wait until the bottom absolutely drops out of the market so he can sign someone for an insanely low price.

IMO

In an Mlive article I read 2 days ago Sykora stated the Wings and 2 other teams have NOT contacted him yet.

It said he had not been offered a contract which is different. I would think teams would have at least called to check in on what he wants.

Right now Peter Forsberg is beginning his last attempt at a comeback, playing for his charity project The Icebreakers.

He is playing on a line with Henrik Zetterberg.

That would be fun to see for 82 games.

Right now Peter Forsberg is beginning his last attempt at a comeback, playing for his charity project The Icebreakers.

He is playing on a line with Henrik Zetterberg.

That would be fun to see for 82 games.

You think Forsberg would be healthy for 82 games? HA

You think Forsberg would be healthy for 82 games? HA

Haha true :) still would be cool to see for just 10-20 games.. or in the olympics maybe?

according to liveblogging from the game, he's looking good out there together with Nicklas Backstrom and Hank. That is quite a line..

Edited by dat's sick