• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucks

Prospal

Rate this topic

The guy who runs this site is one of my absolute best friends offline. I will check in with him and see where he got this information from, and whether or not we should put much stock in it.

Hm...that's a tough choice if I'm Prospal.

Young, exciting, up and coming team, a chance to be integral to their success

vs

Established, successful, consistent, professional team that is the envy of the league but where he would play a less significant role for less money?

I'm lukewarm on Prospal (not for it, not against it) but I hope he signs just so we don't have to go with Williams.

Hm...that's a tough choice if I'm Prospal.

Young, exciting, up and coming team, a chance to be integral to their success

vs

Established, successful, consistent, professional team that is the envy of the league but where he would play a less significant role for less money?

I'm lukewarm on Prospal (not for it, not against it) but I hope he signs just so we don't have to go with Williams.

I'm in the same boat. I won't be thrilled but I won't be upset if he signs. It is what it is. But I will certainly be glad it's not Jason Williams.

The guy who runs this site is one of my absolute best friends offline. I will check in with him and see where he got this information from, and whether or not we should put much stock in it.

He's your best friend and you're only a silver booster of his little venture here? What kind of friend are you? Tsk Tsk :P

-Z

Edited by agziolkow

He's your best friend and you're only a silver booster of his little venture here? What kind of friend are you? Tsk Tsk :P

-Z

Haha. I was referring to the site where this rumor came from, not LGW.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
That would be an interesting pickup...

Given that even on Detroit's 4th line he would likely have more talent around him overall than any year that he's played, he might score 30 goals in Detroit.

How is his defense though??

Actually he will most probably be playing with worse linemates given Lecaviler and St. Louis were his partners for the majority of last season. Still hes a hot one year cold one year player so next year 65 pts would not be unreasnoable playing wtih Val and Franzen

St Louis isn't bad but I'd take a lot of Wings over him. Lecalvier is very good.

But we've got passers just as good on this team as him and we're better than Tampa at everything else, like chemistry, environment for players, coaching, defense, everything. Prospal could do very well here with Fil or Pavs feeding him passes depending on the lines and scenarios.

Edited by numberthirtynine

he got bought out .. How does that work with the Cap.. do we have to pick up his contract from Tampa? Or do we agree to pay a fraction of it? ( just need some help understanding this situation)

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
he got bought out .. How does that work with the Cap.. do we have to pick up his contract from Tampa? Or do we agree to pay a fraction of it? ( just need some help understanding this situation)

To answer your question, Prospal is now a free agent, and is getting a certain amount (I think 1/3) of his previous salary from TB, for termanating the contract. We can sign him for a discounted rate, as he will allready be getting paid that amount from TB regardless.

To answer your question, Prospal is now a free agent, and is getting a certain amount (I think 1/3) of his previous salary from TB, for termanating the contract. We can sign him for a discounted rate, as he will allready be getting paid that amount from TB regardless.

He got 2/3 of whatever was remaining on his contract. And you are right on with the rest. Since he's getting millions from TB I would hope he would sign for cheap on a one year deal.

He got 2/3 of whatever was remaining on his contract. And you are right on with the rest. Since he's getting millions from TB I would hope he would sign for cheap on a one year deal.
better than williams all together