• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoeBuddy

My Brother met Ken Holland Yesterday

Rate this topic

Long time reader of the boards, but I never post.

Anyways my younger brother is friends with Mike Illitch's grandson. The two of them go to Tigers games regularly together and sit in the owner's box and enjoy a good time. Well my bro texts me yesterday and says that he had just met Ken Holland and the two of them talked for about 10 minutes he says.

Kenny told him that he just locked up Jason Williams and is looking for maybe one more forward before the season (He didn't say anything about Patrick Eaves to him so maybe that's the other.) Holland also says that he feels very confident with the team next season and that they will be very good. He has a lot of trust in the young players coming up. My brother told him that he really needs to lock up all of the young guys like Helm and Ericsson long term. Ken told him that he's not going to let Jonathan Ericsson go anywhere and he loves Helm. He thinks of him as a more physical Draper.

Also they were talking about the playoffs and he said that Datysuk's injury was actually a really bad charlie horse in his thigh. They told the media it was an ankle sprain so that if he actually played, Pittsburgh would try to aim for that area and hurt it even worse. Also he said Draper wasn't cleared to play for a while because something was wrong with a bone in his neck, and if he were to get hit too hard it might block his breathing tube and they feared that he could suffocate on the ice.

All in all he said that Kenny is a very nice guy, just like I have read on here many posters have had nothing but great experiences with meeting him. He said he had to end the conversation short since Mr. I called him into his office in the owner's box to talk about something.

This better be a lie. What is the point of signing Jason Williams?

I have to agree. Willy is a nice guy and all, but it didn't work the first time, why would it now? I think they have this vision that he can qb the point on the pp. Ah, that's a bust, IMO.

I would think we would've heard something by now about Williams being signed considering we already know Eaves signed. I'm not saying it's wholly unlikely that he signed or is going to sign, but if this was locked up yesterday, why hasn't it broke out yet?

Honestly I have no clue why it wouldn't have been out yet. I double and triple checked with my brother. He says the exact words were. "I just locked up Jason Williams."

Maybe the "just" was referring to him signing or they agreed and just need to sign the dotted line?

Ha, maybe they're not announcing it and hoping no one will notice until the season starts so they can put off the backlash from fans.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I typically like most of the guys whether they're great or not. I'm a pretty positive person and can see the good in a lot of the guys and at least subjectively like them enough to not run around trashing them on message boards.

However...

Jason Williams is one of the few guys from the last five to ten years that I just never warmed up to and I was very glad when he was traded.

Man, I would have loved to be in your bros. shoes. I'm not sure why people are so down on Williams, I thought he improved quite a bit since being traded, if he signs for less than a something like 1.2mil then I think it would be a solid signing.

Let's hope by saying "I just locked up Jason Williams" he meant "I just signed Patrick Eaves which means Williams can go to the ******* KHL where he belongs"

See, I'm thinking the more literal: "I just locked up Jason Williams... in the basement of the JLA".

See, I'm thinking the more literal: "I just locked up Jason Williams... in the basement of the JLA".

I'd prefer, "I just locked up Jason Williams... in the same cargo box as Jiri Hudler"

I'd prefer, "I just locked up Jason Williams... in the same cargo box as Jiri Hudler"

The fact that Holland makes Hudler fly in a cargo box is exactly why he left. In the KHL you get your own velvet-lined coffin.

The fact that Holland makes Hudler fly in a cargo box is exactly why he left. In the KHL you get your own velvet-lined coffin.

Is that before or after the player pisses off the Russian mafia? Hudler will be plenty motivated to play, unless he flees like Malkin.

Whats the point in knocking the OP? If it really happened, and it was me, I would be pretty bummed if people didn't believe me. And if it didnt really happen, and hes making it up, whatever, get off the internet.