• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule93

trade williams

Rate this topic

I'm gonna laugh when Williams has a 20 goal 50 point season, I wonder how many people will still complain about him?

[/quote\] he wasnt that good when with detroit last time, i dont know why three years later people think hes gunna get any better

he wasnt that good when with detroit last time, i dont know why three years later people think hes gunna get any better

So why do you think he will be a failure then?

And who do we trade him for? And you can't use bag of pucks as an answer. It has to be other players or draft picks.

I think we've all gone way too overboard on the kid. It's snowballed into more of a reputation situation, where he's not as bad as our memory degradation would have us believe. He's not a bad player and will be playing a slightly different, possibly lesser role this time around. And here's the disclaimer for all the overreactors: I don't think he's a really good player. I'm not a fan.

and it's for one season only, people so calm down. It's not like he's here for 2-5 years. He's just here to buy our young guys some more time, he already knows the system and overall if you've got a little perspective, isn't a horrible player.

It makes sense to me. We barely have enough money right now, so why bother trying to sign some big name forward and screwing ourselves? By trade deadline, the same people calling for a new player NOW, will have wished we saved money because they'll want a new player THEN too. Why not wait for a year or two when we'll have more money and sign someone we really want, rather than just some schmoe who is the best at the moment. It takes more patience and I thank goodness it's something Holland has. We obviously dont' and I guess it's understandable, we want a new toy and waiting is no fun....but I think this signing is in the best interest of the team. Wait until we can make a real signing worth more to us in the long term. Who were our options anyway? Prospal? Zherdev? You're telling me we don't only want those two because they just happen to be the only good scoring options at the moment? If we had more money at a later date and thsoe two were brought up amongst other real scoring free agents, we wouldn't want them at all....and that's why Holland made this one year signing I think.

Edited by numberthirtynine

So why do you think he will be a failure then?

And who do we trade him for? And you can't use bag of pucks as an answer. It has to be other players or draft picks.

trade williams and lebda/lilja (if any team wants a guy who cant play-injuries) for milan hejduk from colorado (im not aware of how hejduk's season was last year) or trade them for a goalie seeing as ozzy isnt gunna be around forever and howard hasnt proven himself yet

what goalie would we get for williams and lebda? and why would you want hejduk without even knowing how he did last year?

you know, i don't think i've appropriately thanked god recently that holland doesn't run the team like this

"He wasn't good before, so he wont be good now."

Stupidest logic I have ever heard.

I guess J Wills doesn't practice one damn bit.

Edited by DZ13

Guest ZetterbergFourty

How is adding Williams going to make this season a fail?

Lost Hossa, oh well.

Lost Hudler, oh well, he'll be back.

Lost Sammy, oh well, Detroit made him and will fail elsewhere.

Lost Kopecky, oh well, wait, who?

Without them alone I say the Red Wings do alright. Adding Eaves and Williams can only help, but to say they'll fail on one player? Ca'mon.

what goalie would we get for williams and lebda? and why would you want hejduk without even knowing how he did last year?

you know, i don't think i've appropriately thanked god recently that holland doesn't run the team like this

hejduk had 27 goals with 32 assists last year and i think when playing on a team thats not s*** like colorado he could get another 25+ goals

trade williams and lebda/lilja (if any team wants a guy who cant play-injuries) for milan hejduk from colorado (im not aware of how hejduk's season was last year) or trade them for a goalie seeing as ozzy isnt gunna be around forever and howard hasnt proven himself yet

Nobody else even offered Williams a contract. Lebda has no trade value (neither does Lils with him being hurt). Knowing this, you think that we are going to get Milan Hejduk for them!

Step away from the crack pipe!!!

theres got to be some reason why no team will keep him

Different teams have different systems. Jiri Hudler wouldn't of been the same player he was in Detroit, on another team. Mike Babcock will put him in a position where he can flourish as much as possible.

How is adding Williams going to make this season a fail?

Lost Hossa, oh well.

Lost Hudler, oh well, he'll be back.

Lost Sammy, oh well, Detroit made him and will fail elsewhere.

Lost Kopecky, oh well, wait, who?

Without them alone I say the Red Wings do alright. Adding Eaves and Williams can only help, but to say they'll fail on one player? Ca'mon.

im not sayin that the red wings are going ot fail because of williams i just dont think hes going to be worht 1.5 mill and i think other FA's who are better could have been signed, and i do like eaves because he works hard and kills penalties

He had f***in 60 points once. If he really this absolutely pitiful player we should never, ever want? Or did we just come down too hard on him. I don't remember him as being that bad. The 05-06 Wings are not the Wings we have now. He will most definitely have a better supporting cast and that always helps. I'll give him a chance before I rip him.

I think it's better than signing Todd "aw f*** backchecking" Bertuzzi or Robert Lang, who doesn't actually take strides unless it's beyond center ice. For the role he'll be playing, I don't expect a ton of points. We've got possibly still the most feared and talented top 2 lines in hockey who can score the f***in lights out and we're worried about a 3rd or 4th liner scoring? It helps but we dont' need it and man you know how many fans of how many teams would kill to be in our situation anyway?

Hejduk's 4 million dollars and do we really want him? We don't need to pack ourselves full of top 6 guys until we have more than 6 of them. Then it's bye bye to someone to the limbo of the 3rd line, where expectations are high and it's too hard to achieve anything and then all of a sudden we'ev got a new scapegoat. If Hejduk was available when we had more money we wouldn't go for him, we'd go for a real viable long term player. Who for 4 million scores more than 60 points and fits in with our system.

I just look for him to not seriously f*** things up. For his role, I just want energy and a rest for the big name players. Just don't turn it over and be lazy. And I think this is also partly why we signed him. A lot of other players on the market had high upside but were prone to a lot of things that'd hurt us. We don't need that, we'ev got upside coming out of our ass. The Griffins are full of it. We're the Wings for pete's sake. We just wanted someoen who wouldn't throw the game away, for one year, and we got it.

Nobody else even offered Williams a contract. Lebda has no trade value (neither does Lils with him being hurt). Knowing this, you think that we are going to get Milan Hejduk for them!

Step away from the crack pipe!!!

crack pipe yeah i smoke crack ? to bad im 15 andi go on LGW for s***s and gigs you guys take s*** real seriuously around here

Different teams have different systems. Jiri Hudler wouldn't of been the same player he was in Detroit, on another team. Mike Babcock will put him in a position where he can flourish as much as possible.
i obviously hope he does well just as much as you but i just think we could have gotten somebody else better plus im not really a fan of bringing players back who we didnt want before unless they have got significantly better which williams has not

NHL09?

crack pipe yeah i smoke crack ? to bad im 15 andi go on LGW for s***s and gigs you guys take s*** real seriuously around here

Alright this thread officially needs to be over.