• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Best NHL Goalie Masks of the 90s

Rate this topic

Nice helmets but they left out some epic ones. If only they would've counted the years after it we would've seen Cujo's amazing Wings mask.

My family knows the guy who did the Kidd mask, as he did a mask for me when I was younger. It ended up costing quite a bit and while really cool, I moved on to try the HM50 L Hasek style cage and have been using it ever since. I love it. I esp love when Hasek finally decided to paint it. That was one of the coolest masks ever.

I think they could've added so many other better masks.

couple of the best ever masks missed.

like these:

beezer_mask.gif

hackettm.jpg

richter.jpg

FuhrBlues.jpg

and speaking of cujo's masks:

2717417165_38a554375b.jpg

is clearly best of Joseph's masks for me.

one mask that I can't find in google and was absolutely cute and classic is Thibault's Canadiens mask.

Edited by akustyk

Goalie masks are cool and all but I don't get why some people get stupid things on them (like Hirsch's psycho mask). I've seen everything between Big Bird and Darth Vader. It just doesn't scream "team player" when you have something on your mask that doesn't represent your team. That's why I like Ozzie's mask. Plain red with "Detroit Red Wings" on it. That shows what his passions are.

i like chris osgoods mask cause its so complicated

Personally, Ozzie's mask is one of my favorites. It sends a clear message- No teeth, no talons, nothing fancy. Just me and the Detroit Red Wings. Mess with the Wizard, and you get every trick in the 83-year-old book.

Gotta say I love Ken Wreggett's Penguins Helmet. Batman Retruns was my favorite of that sequence of Batman Movies and Danny Devito playin the Penguin was awesome I thought so that is a really cool helmet. I also like Trevor Kidd's Flames Helmet, those Dragons are pretty ferice looking. Finally I've always liked Cujo's Rabid Dog Helmet. I have a Street Hockey Goalie Helmet that has that same pattern but instead of a dog it's a Tiger.

Some great helmets, I don't know if I can pick just one as a favroite. I've only seen one goalie in the AHL dawn the mask that I thought up to put on my Ice Hockey Helmet and just haven't yet. It's Jason Vorhees and it was a cool design.

Edited by Dimaline312000

The first thought when I read the title of this thread was: Andy Moog.

Many of those bring back memories when the most I could see of NHL was in player cards or sports magazines. Of the ones not mentioned here yet I like Corey Hirsch's, Trevor Kidd's and Blaine Lacher's as the compliment so well with their teams' colours.

Edit: Some that maybe should've been there:

goalie-fcat.jpg

Felix Potvin

Here's an article of Cam Ward doing a tribute to Potvin with his equipment: The Hockey Lister

fiset.jpg

Stephane Fiset

hextall_mask.jpg

It's kind of fitting that Ron Hextall had church bells in his mask.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Guest Lidstromboli

i would expect most of these mask designs to be on a broken down el camino or next to a massive purple wizard on the side of a van

I remember thinking Trevor Kidd's mask was the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.

Now that I'm older I'm more into simple designs. Not necessarily as simple as Ozzie's (though I like his helmet style), but Brodeur's is nice.