• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

I'll bet Hossa's feeling pretty good about leaving the class of the NHL to go to a team where their star goes apes*** over 20 cents.

Here's another point - If he's really that cheap that he went crazy over 20 cents, then what do you expect him to be like when he's negotiating for a new contract next summer? :lol:

If this is true - what a complete dick. Multimillionaire and 1) you clearly have no intention of tipping the cabbie and 2) you are enough of a skinflint to assault someone over 20 cents? What is 20 cents going to buy you that your Blackhawks contract can't?

My thought's exactly. With that kind of thuggery he might be getting a call from Anaheim.

Guest Shoreline

If only we had frugal government like this! WHAT? $30,000 ON A TOILET? DEATH PENALTY!

Seriously though, it's very possible that the media are already blowing this out of proportion to be, and so following are forum members. Even ESPN has it on it's main page. If anyone recalls the guy who got his third strike for snatching a doughnut, one of the store workers trying to physically restrain him, and him pushing them out of the way, turned into a felony aggravated robbery. Even the law can be ridiculous. Maybe the guy said something to Kane and his brother and they got pissed and punched the guy, and it had nothing to do with the fare? Maybe Kane uttered something to him, it pissed the guy off, the guy retaliated, and so ensued a fight and legal technicalities made it more serious than it really was. Lots of assumptions made by people who weren't there.

Edited by Shoreline

This says alot about the Hawks. Evidently they don't have somebody like Jiri Fischer whose job it is to teach young players how to act both on and off the ice.

Can you imagine a young Red Wing player doing this? Me neither.

This is worse than the Johnathan Toews quote last year.

"We kind of feel like the Boston Celtics almost -- I'm kidding," said Hawks captain Jonathan Toews, who had two assists -- though the Hawks are almost halfway to the Celtics' recently ended 19-game winning streak.

I really hate braggards. And I hate people that treat others badly.

I guess the days of classy superstars like Sakic and Yzerman are over. Now we have new superstars that are just plain doucebags....

Hard to root for these people when you hear about this kind of s***...

That's too much of a generalization. We still have some stars that are classy.

You think that Z or Pavs or Lids would do this? Or even a young guy like Helm. No way.

I think eveyone should take it easy on Kane.

After all, he probably just read all the reports of the Blackhawks salary cap issues for next season and is looking to save money wherever he can.

Guest Shoreline
Lighten up Francis. It's funny.

esteef

Indeed. Not like I started that post off with a joke or anything. :P

Edited by Shoreline

They were probably hammered.

At 5:00 in the morning?

I'd put money on it.

Serious question, though: Since it's the off-season, what (if anything) does the league actually do in cases like this?

If only we had frugal government like this! WHAT? $30,000 ON A TOILET? DEATH PENALTY!

Seriously though, it's very possible that the media are already blowing this out of proportion to be, and so following are forum members. Even ESPN has it on it's main page. If anyone recalls the guy who got his third strike for snatching a doughnut, one of the store workers trying to physically restrain him, and him pushing them out of the way, turned into a felony aggravated robbery. Even the law can be ridiculous. Maybe the guy said something to Kane and his brother and they got pissed and punched the guy, and it had nothing to do with the fare? Maybe Kane uttered something to him, it pissed the guy off, the guy retaliated, and so ensued a fight and legal technicalities made it more serious than it really was. Lots of assumptions made by people who weren't there.

That's definitely what I was thinking. But that's probably just because I like Kane and don't want to believe he'd be such a douchenozzle.

Patrick Kane is one of the few players in the NHL (along with Perry, Pronger, and the odd other), that I'd like to kick square in the ******* jaw.

Guest Shoreline
That's definitely what I was thinking. But that's probably just because I like Kane and don't want to believe he'd be such a douchenozzle.

Heh. I don't really like Kane, per se.. I'm glad it's Toews who's captain and not him.. I've just learned in situations like MJ/OJ that people come to conclusions about celebrities/athletes rather easily, especially when influenced by the media.

It takes a big man to punch a old and out of shape man. Kane must feel proud.

2qmgneo.jpg

I almost cried after seeing this photo. Poor guy is just trying to make a ******* living and this piece of s*** loser decides to beat him up over 20 cents? I hope Kane gets hit by a bus.