• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

This is quite an incident. People have been saying that alcohol must be involved but that really doesn't exlplain things. I guess people react to alcohol differently but it's pretty rare that a few guys who have had a few decide to just gang beat an old man. Either they truly are scum or there are details missing.

Hey y'all, I know you love to jump all over the Chicago hate-fest whenever possible, but as this happened in America and many of us here are Americans, let's not forget about the value/right/law that is among our most important: innocent until proven guilty. Even when it appears the writing is on the wall, oftentimes things can end up looking quite different as new facts emerge. So it might be wise to relax a bit for awhile and wait and see how it plays out before stamping "criminal" on his forehead.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was charged with a MIP. Considering they slapped I believe three other charges on him, one would think they would not hesitate to slap him with the MIP as well if he was under the influence of alcohol. And if he wasn't under the influence of alcohol, I definitely think we're going to hear some new facts coming out in the next couple of days because again, this just seems too strange to be true as is. Whether newly emerging facts will prove him to be any more or less guilty remains to be seen, but as it stands now, I believe that there has to be more to this. Significantly more.

You got me, I'm a dick for being a patriot with relatives who serve in the armed forces for taking a comment like that personally.

I didn't detect any sarcasm in your original post, so you'll forgive me for jumping to the conclusion that it was to be taken seriously. But seriously, you can't tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't be the least bit offended should a Canadian citizen get arrested and me scoffing, even in a joking tone, and saying, "Well, he's a Canadian, what did you expect?"

Not really, lol. Life's too short to be mad about the little things.

Hey y'all, I know you love to jump all over the Chicago hate-fest whenever possible, but as this happened in America and many of us here are Americans, let's not forget about the value/right/law that is among our most important: innocent until proven guilty. Even when it appears the writing is on the wall, oftentimes things can end up looking quite different as new facts emerge. So it might be wise to relax a bit for awhile and wait and see how it plays out before stamping "criminal" on his forehead.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was charged with a MIP. Considering they slapped I believe three other charges on him, one would think they would not hesitate to slap him with the MIP as well if he was under the influence of alcohol. And if he wasn't under the influence of alcohol, I definitely think we're going to hear some new facts coming out in the next couple of days because again, this just seems too strange to be true as is. Whether newly emerging facts will prove him to be any more or less guilty remains to be seen, but as it stands now, I believe that there has to be more to this. Significantly more.

I'm no legal expert, but, I think that:

1) you have to actually be physically in possession of an open container to be charged with MIP. They likely were not.

2) the cops have to have some kind of reasonable suspicion that you're under the influence in order to breathalyze you. Maybe they didn't smell any alcohol. Doesn't mean they hadn't been drinking, but it really doesn't matter: the charges are plenty serious enough. It's not like being drunk would be what tips it over the line here.

In any case, I realize that yes, you are innocent til proven guilty, and it's very possible the cabbie was being a dick to them. But I doubt that. People whose livelihoods depend on tips are very rarely dicks to their customers..

Besides, I don't have to stamp "criminal" on his forehead if I can stamp "selfish *******." For chrissake, tip your cabbie and don't be a greedy jerk about 20 cents when you make millions.

I'm no legal expert, but, I think that:

1) you have to actually be physically in possession of an open container to be charged with MIP. They likely were not.

2) the cops have to have some kind of reasonable suspicion that you're under the influence in order to breathalyze you. Maybe they didn't smell any alcohol. Doesn't mean they hadn't been drinking, but it really doesn't matter: the charges are plenty serious enough. It's not like being drunk would be what tips it over the line here.

In any case, I realize that yes, you are innocent til proven guilty, and it's very possible the cabbie was being a dick to them. But I doubt that. People whose livelihoods depend on tips are very rarely dicks to their customers..

Besides, I don't have to stamp "criminal" on his forehead if I can stamp "selfish *******." For chrissake, tip your cabbie and don't be a greedy jerk about 20 cents when you make millions.

Actually, you can be charged if you're in possession or if you had any alcohol in your system. Drink a beer underage, and you can get a MIP. Even if you don't have the beer in hand.

Chippewa Street is a street that is all clubs. In most places you need to be 21 years old to get in.

He most likely got in for being Patrick Kane and proceeded to get hammered.

The cab fair is ridiculous, that they were not going to even tip the guy #1, and #2 that you would punch him in the face...

Actually, you can be charged if you're in possession or if you had any alcohol in your system. Drink a beer underage, and you can get a MIP. Even if you don't have the beer in hand.

Exactly. It is zero tolerance. My friend was walking down her street, no beverage in hand, but drunk. A police officer gave her an MIP because her alcohol level was .09.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see all the details. Was he drinking, if so, how drunk? Was this really all over 20 cents?

Okay, interesting scenario...

Kane is charged with a felony, second-degree robbery.

Assume a conviction. If he's paroled, he couldn't leave the state! :D Hope he likes playing only home games! Even if he serves his time without parole, felons can't leave the US- kiss the games in Canada (as well as the Olympics) goodbye!

Assume a conviction. If he's paroled, he couldn't leave the state! :D Hope he likes playing only home games! Even if he serves his time without parole, felons can't leave the US- kiss the games in Canada (as well as the Olympics) goodbye!

I know this is lined with humor, but does the rule include business-related travels? I'm just curios in general.

I think you mean, hope he likes only ever playing the Sabres, Islanders, and Rangers. He's being charged in the state of New York. Infinitely funnier.

Anyway, I know you're joking, but I don't see that happening, and anyway, there's nothing preventing felons from leaving the country, or even returning, once they're done serving their time.

it happened in buffalo so he would only be able to play when they played the sabres lmao

me and the guy above me thinkin the same thing at the same time

Edited by wings1110

I think you mean, hope he likes only ever playing the Sabres, Islanders, and Rangers. He's being charged in the state of New York. Infinitely funnier.

Anyway, I know you're joking, but I don't see that happening, and anyway, there's nothing preventing felons from leaving the country, or even returning, once they're done serving their time.

Yeah, exactly. Until they're done serving their time. Parole counts. Even on probation you can't leave the country. If he is convicted, he will have some kind of issues. Either he will be in prison (doubt it) or will be put on parole and won't be able to leave the country for at least part of the season.

there should be at least a 20 game suspension. we cant have NHL players acting like NFL, NBA, MLB players. notice hockey players dont have those shannanagains. except of course kanes dumb ass

Edited by wings1110