• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

Patrick Kane Arrested

Rate this topic

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/679392

"The cab driver who is the alleged victim of a beating by NHL star Patrick Kane and his cousin on Sunday didn't have a valid driver's licence at the time of the incident, the Buffalo News reported Tuesday."

A few more details on the driver which may explain why he's probably willing to "settle" out of court (still doesn't excuse them beating him up though).

esteef

"The cab driver who is the alleged victim of a beating by NHL star Patrick Kane and his cousin on Sunday didn't have a valid driver's licence at the time of the incident, the Buffalo News reported Tuesday."

A few more details on the driver which may explain why he's probably willing to "settle" out of court (still doesn't excuse them beating him up though).

esteef

Does this smell like the NHL PR machine is gearing up now? Gotta make the cabbie look as bad as possible. . . kind of like Nobama's people bringing up s*** on Joe the Plumber.

How I hope Kane hears it in every arena this year. Question is, how many games until he flips off the crowd? NHL PR machine will step up and say he was telling everyone he's number 1, not offending anyone.

And it looks like the cabbie has an MO of locking people in the back seat of the cab until they pay him. Which makes it difficult to reach your wallet in some cases.

Sounds like everyone over-reacted - cabbie locks a couple kids in the back until he gets paid, kids can't get at their wallets and want to get out to pay the guy, cabbie won't let them out, kids in back freak out and demand to be let out...and away they go.

Doesn't justify the beating but if some cabbie locks me in the back of the cab I'm going to be pretty ticked off myself, especially if I've had a couple ginger ales.

If it plays out like this I, for one, don't believe Kane should be vilified for it.

And it looks like the cabbie has an MO of locking people in the back seat of the cab until they pay him. Which makes it difficult to reach your wallet in some cases.

Sounds like everyone over-reacted - cabbie locks a couple kids in the back until he gets paid, kids can't get at their wallets and want to get out to pay the guy, cabbie won't let them out, kids in back freak out and demand to be let out...and away they go.

Doesn't justify the beating but if some cabbie locks me in the back of the cab I'm going to be pretty ticked off myself, especially if I've had a couple ginger ales.

If it plays out like this I, for one, don't believe Kane should be vilified for it.

It's not his "MO", the article even states that it's usual for cabbies to do that. Plus, Kane and his cousin DID pay, so it ain't like they couldn't reach their wallets or anything.

Vilify him!

esteef

Under the law, cab drivers are allowed to do keep people in the car until they pay. What cab driver is seriously gonna just trust a bunch of kids and say "Okay I'll let you out of the car but you better not go anywhere without paying me." And that's bulls*** about them not being able to reach their wallets. When i'm in the car I can always reach into my pockets just fine. Maybe next time they should get the cash out and have it ready in their hand before they get in the cab to avoid not being able to reach it later...

Never happen. . . he is too one-dimensional. . . and not very smart either

If he had been signed by the Wings, he would be in Grand Rapids not in the NHL. That's part of the problem, he never had to pay his dues. It is a privelage to play for the Wings and you have to earn it. Part of that is long bus rides between venues in the AHL. There are also guys like Downey and Mac in GR and a guy like Jiri Fischer that teach you how to act on and off the ice.

Kane is a spoiled brat that never had to earn his trip to the NHL.

Guest Shoreline

esteef

Although, that really has nothing to do with what transpired, but yeah..

If cab guy doesn't have a license and is driving, that obviously isn't breaking the law because Kane is a douchebag. This poor taxi driver is a bad example and I hope he gets booed every time someone gets in his cab.

Does this smell like the NHL PR machine is gearing up now? Gotta make the cabbie look as bad as possible. . . kind of like Nobama's people bringing up s*** on Joe the Plumber.

How I hope Kane hears it in every arena this year. Question is, how many games until he flips off the crowd? NHL PR machine will step up and say he was telling everyone he's number 1, not offending anyone.

BREAKING NEWS: Buffalo News is a division of the NHL. :o

BREAKING NEWS #2: Joe the Plumber was one of the disciples with Jesus. I think Nobama was Judas' real name. Prophet Bill O'Reilly to lecture the masses on fair and balanced biblical reporting. Father Mark Foley to give children a private baptizing (with free circumcision).

Edited by Shoreline

If he had been signed by the Wings, he would be in Grand Rapids not in the NHL. That's part of the problem, he never had to pay his dues. It is a privelage to play for the Wings and you have to earn it. Part of that is long bus rides between venues in the AHL. There are also guys like Downey and Mac in GR and a guy like Jiri Fischer that teach you how to act on and off the ice.

Kane is a spoiled brat that never had to earn his trip to the NHL.

Are you kidding?

Kane would be on the third line, at least.

Guest Shoreline
Are you kidding?

Kane would be on the third line, at least.

Kane wouldn't be signed. This team hates goons. Too many NHLers would be injured due to his powerful choke slams.

Edited by Shoreline

From lipsitz green dot com, the law firm where Paul J. Cambria, Jr., the lawyer representing Kane, is a partner:

He has represented many prominent individuals including Publisher Larry Flynt and Musicians DMX and Marilyn Manson.

That poor cabbie will be lucky if he's driving the Zamboni for the Sabres when this is over.

And it looks like the cabbie has an MO of locking people in the back seat of the cab until they pay him.

MO? All cab drivers are allowed to do this, do you know how man drunken idiots they deal with that would probably just run away?

Which makes it difficult to reach your wallet in some cases.

You serious? Who can't get their wallet while sitting in a car? Paraplegics? Amputees?

Which is why he got arrested. So?

Wait, first you said it doesn't justify a beating but if that's the way it played out Kane shouldn't be vilified. Huh?

Not only should he be "vilified" but his punishment should be worse that Sean Avery's was. Knowing the league they will defend Kane to the death, because throwing stone's at a guy like Avery is much easier.

Edited by Louisville

Guest Shoreline
Not only should he be "vilified" but his punishment should be worse that Sean Avery's was. Knowing the league they will defend Kane to the death, because throwing stone's at a guy like Avery is much easier.

His punishment should be worse than Bertuzzi's and Avery's combined. Guy spouts off to the media about blowing his load in a chick another player sleeps with (and was subsequently in a relationship with) -- player pummels another player's face into the ice and pretty much ends his career -- this is absolutely nothing compared to a conflict between a player and a cab driver to which we don't even know everything that transpired and was settled outside of court.

I lub aggrandizement. Some posters here should work for the media.

Edited by Shoreline

Too many people are trying to justify his actions... In all honesty, I know young SOB's in their early 20's... And I never really heard of anyone assaulting a cabbie, I heard of people ditching cabs, but it doesn't really do harm to the cabbies. Like Billy Madison said: "That's assault, brotha."

If this were a 3rd line player on Edmonton, Carolina, or the Islanders it wouldn't generate this much animosity here.

Go ahead, hate on Kane, call him the worst sort of offender, and continue to spout off about seeing him prosecuted, punished and ostracized but at least come clean about your reasons - he's a rising star on a hated rival. Don't fly it under the flag of under any other premise.

By the way, another guy who was driving people around with a suspended license...Richard Gnida. Remember him?