• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#401 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

After finally seeing his personality during the post-game interview and now watching the parade, I've decided that Kane is - in all likelihood - white trash.

From the way he immediately started 'shouting out' to his friends in his interview with Pierre, to the fact that he jokingly called his cousin 'famous' but refused interview questions after someone brought up taxi cabs (the whole reason his dude-bro cousin is 'famous') right down to these Crocs.

Now I'm watching him try to act ghetto on top of a bus.

Apparently he was cracking jokes about "loving the cab drivers" at the parade. Really classy, kiddo.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#402 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

2million people parade.. well i know Chicago is a larger city than detroit but they don't have as much history and just band waggon fans... so it's an impressive number when one take in all the facts

and yeah in this clip he talks about the cap thingy when he gets the mic, near the end of the clip:
http://watch.tsn.ca/...2348#clip312348

#403 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_u46hb8-rI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4_u46hb8-rI[/url]

I will just enjoy watching the video.. :thumbup: This is the perfect memory of Kane :D

Edited by darkmanx, 11 June 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#404 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

anyone else see this thread revived thinking he got arrested again? Or was it just me.

#405 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

After finally seeing his personality during the post-game interview and now watching the parade, I've decided that Kane is - in all likelihood - white trash.

From the way he immediately started 'shouting out' to his friends in his interview with Pierre, to the fact that he jokingly called his cousin 'famous' but refused interview questions after someone brought up taxi cabs (the whole reason his dude-bro cousin is 'famous') right down to these Crocs.

Now I'm watching him try to act ghetto on top of a bus.

Hey! Don't knock the Crocs. They may not be the most attractive shoes in the world, but they're super-comfy. :) At least he doesn't have those little Croc-charms stuck in all the holes. :hehe:
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#406 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Crocs are great at the beach -- I can't walk in the sand barefoot because it's too hot and god only knows what you might step on or in. Other than the beach though, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those things.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#407 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Crocs and a mullet...lol, if I didn't already know he's just a total dork, it sounds like something a hipster would do. I mean, the ironic mullet has already been done, but not in combination with Crocs! Ah Kane, such an innovator... God, please let him show up somewhere with one of those "lone wolf" t-shirts.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#408 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

anyone else see this thread revived thinking he got arrested again? Or was it just me.

same

#409 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:53 AM

same

Me three until I checked the start date.

Any chance we can get Kane into a pair of leg warmers?

#410 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_u46hb8-rI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4_u46hb8-rI[/url]

I will just enjoy watching the video.. :thumbup: This is the perfect memory of Kane :D

Very nice! Haha that is awesome.

I figured it was dug up for some reason versus doing another bad deed.

Posted Image

#411 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Crocs and a mullet...lol, if I didn't already know he's just a total dork, it sounds like something a hipster would do. I mean, the ironic mullet has already been done, but not in combination with Crocs! Ah Kane, such an innovator... God, please let him show up somewhere with one of those "lone wolf" t-shirts.

See, I thought the mullet was an ironic hipster mullet at first - with the steps and all, but now I just think he's a clueless kid.

Every player who gets interviewed "shouts out" to their friends and family - every red wing in 2008 did it, whats the big deal?

Like I said, it was the way he did it. I'm not sure if you saw the interview but his response to Pierre asking him how it felt to win the Cup was 'shout out to all my boys in Buffalo..'

edit: added quote.

Edited by Travis, 12 June 2010 - 09:03 AM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#412 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

See, I thought the mullet was an ironic hipster mullet at first - with the steps and all, but now I just think he's a clueless kid.

Like I said, it was the way he did it. I'm not sure if you saw the interview but his response to Pierre asking him how it felt to win the Cup was 'shout out to all my boys in Buffalo..'

edit: added quote.

I don't mean to be an ass but Kane is from Buffalo. There was nothing wrong with his shout out to "his boys" in Buffalo. People here do everything they possibly can to look down and bash on players on opposing teams. It's ridiculous. Yes the taxi incident was uncalled for but his shoutout was totally fine. Get over it.

Posted Image

#413 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:48 AM

I don't mean to be an ass but Kane is from Buffalo. There was nothing wrong with his shout out to "his boys" in Buffalo. People here do everything they possibly can to look down and bash on players on opposing teams. It's ridiculous. Yes the taxi incident was uncalled for but his shoutout was totally fine. Get over it.

You're missing my point. Shout out all day long, I don't give two s***s. I just felt like it was the way he went about it. He simply came off like a turd.

Regardless, it's not like I'm staying up at night over it, haha.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png