• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lx_bel

Around the league in 30 beers

Rate this topic

If winning is the ultimate goal, then why is the JLA easily the most reserved, least energetic arena in the entire league?

Because it isn't. When the crowd starting chanting songs beyond the faceoff during the SCF I was blown away. I've never to my recollection encountered anything like that in a hockey game before, and it was done without being provoked by a major hit or a fight. In any case it boggles my mind that someone can argue that the ultimate goal of hockey isn't winning games or scoring goals. Until they start awarding points for fights, it never, ever will be the ultimate goal of hockey, period. If you have a problem with that it should be the guys who write up the rulebook you should be complaining to.

Edited by Cern

Guest Shoreline

I laughed at some, but beyond the crappy Blues praise..

San Jose Sharks are MGD:

Both are decent American products but neither ever seem to make it into the premium and elite market they each desire.

He's never been to the area. Sharks fans everywhere, and downtown goes nuts during the playoffs.

damn, i had hoped for a different direction with this thread. what's here is somewhat entertaining but here's what i figured this would be:

an inside look at what home-brewed beers to try if you were ever to tour all the arenas within the league. i don't know if that type of thing has been discussed already but if not, i'd really be interested to learn more.

i know this would normally be filed under "water cooler" but since i'm responding to a thread already created i didn't feel this question would be out of line.

if somebody knows of an existing thread (no matter how old) that takes the concept i've explained above and runs with it, please let me know. if not, feel free to start one if you'd like.

Because it isn't. When the crowd starting chanting songs beyond the faceoff during the SCF I was blown away. I've never to my recollection encountered anything like that in a hockey game before, and it was done without being provoked by a major hit or a fight. In any case it boggles my mind that someone can argue that the ultimate goal of hockey isn't winning games or scoring goals. Until they start awarding points for fights, it never, ever will be the ultimate goal of hockey, period. If you have a problem with that it should be the guys who write up the rulebook you should be complaining to.

If you don't think the JLA is the quietest arena in professional hockey than you either aren't watching the away games, or you've never been to another team's stadium. The crowd at the Joe is embarrassingly reserved most of the time, especially compared to our division rivals. Maybe Detroit fans have been spoiled by success, personally I'm always there to cheer, but a lot of people don't seem like they give a s***, they just go for the novelty of going to a Red Wings game.

Red Wings should be Miller Chill.... IMO.

Don't have a real reason it's just my favorite beer.

Detroit Red Wings are Miller Chill:

It's Dimaline312000's favorite beer.

I also remember he had some friends on the team that would help in these situations: Kocur, McCarty, Lapointe, Rouse, and Macoun...Damn I'm getting emotional when I think back about the good 'ole days :crybaby:

To bad those that you mentioned that weren't already retired weren't able to make it in the modern NHL.... Our toughest playoff performers have always been our skill guys... we've been more consistent the last 3 years with our "soft" squad than we ever were during the Shanahan/Yzerman years... or am I the only one that remembers all the first round upsets with all those grit guys on our 3rd and 4th lines..