• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman2010

playoff injuries

Rate this topic

I have yet to read an official report on all of our injuries in the playoffs. I may have missed it so I was wondering if anyone has come across an official injury report.

Thanks.

BTW - Eaves is going to help our PK. i'd like to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg on one unit and Helm and Eaves on the other. Cleary and Franzen as well.

j williiams is going to use this year to cash in next year. he will score 20 and end up with 45-50pts.

Datsuyk Zetterberg Franzen (this line would give teams fits) (away games switch Datsyuk and Cleary)

Cleary Filppula Leino

Williams Helm Eaves

Maltby Draper Holmstrom

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart (regular season was avg. played great up until pitt series in playoffs)

Ericsson Lebda (I think Ericsson looked really good playing with Lidstrom in playoffs then looked scared when dropped to

third pairing)

Lids had a ruptured ********

Rafalski had a ruptured disk in his spine and played through a herniated disk

Draper had torn cartilage and a messed up bone in his neck that doctors were worried could possibly disrupt breathing

Hossa had the messed up shoulder

Datsyuk had the charlie horse in his ankle, but according to a poster who allegedly talked with Holland, the charlie horse was actually in his thigh

Kopecky had a broken jaw and fractured orbital bone

Cleary had a pulled groin, observed to be quite significant on mri, but played nonetheless

Lids had a ruptured ********

Rafalski had a ruptured disk in his spine and played through a herniated disk

Draper had torn cartilage and a messed up bone in his neck that doctors were worried could possibly disrupt breathing

Hossa had the messed up shoulder

Datsyuk had the charlie horse in his ankle, but according to a poster who allegedly talked with Holland, the charlie horse was actually in his thigh

Kopecky had a broken jaw and fractured orbital bone

Cleary had a pulled groin, observed to be quite significant on mri, but played nonetheless

Rafalski also separated his shoulder in the series against Chicago

Cleary had two pulled groins :blink:

Lilja was out with a concussion (and this was a difference maker)

Holmstrom had his usual list of ridiculous injuries he was playing through

The charlie horse was in Datsyuk's thigh and had to be actually be drained of fluid - the bruised foot was a ruse

Ericsson required emergency surgery to remove his appendix

Okay now does anyone know the injury list for the Penguins?

Sergei Gonchar missed a few games from a knee-on-knee collission with Ovechkin

Sykora missed a couple games for an injury in the playoffs and then a few more for sucking

Crosby was injured in Game 7 of the Finals

story of the 1-game-away failure to clinch.

add this to the fact that we had that ridiculous SCF schedule because NBC wanted to air some games, but only if they were on the weekend and Buttman obliged.

didn't Z have some ailments too?

i thought i was over the loss, now i'm bitter again...

The Penguins lost just three man-games to injuries in 24 games. (Gonchar: 2; Sykora: 1)

The Red Wings lost about 70 man-games to injuries.

wow. I knew we were cursed but this is definitely too many games missed, especially, compared to Pens.

I'm really proud of my team getting that far with such little luck.

I hate excuses, so I'm not going to make them for the Wings like people here were doing in 2007.

The Wings played hard in the 3rd period of games 6 and 7. If they came out playing hard in those games and laid it all on the line, they would have won despite the injuries, like they did in the other games of the series. Fact is, the Pens just wanted it more than the Wings when it was all said and done with.

If we got swept in this series it'd be a different story, but the way the series went, it was one the Wings should have won despite injury troubles.

I hate excuses, so I'm not going to make them for the Wings like people here were doing in 2007.

The Wings played hard in the 3rd period of games 6 and 7. If they came out playing hard in those games and laid it all on the line, they would have won despite the injuries, like they did in the other games of the series. Fact is, the Pens just wanted it more than the Wings when it was all said and done with.

If we got swept in this series it'd be a different story, but the way the series went, it was one the Wings should have won despite injury troubles.

Have to agree. . . as pissed as I still am, I was even more pissed when I saw how flat the Wings came out in Games 6 and 7. A lot of bounces went against the Wings but the Wings controlled their own destiny after drubbing the Pens in Game 5 and they didn't complete the task. I hate that we lost, but I hate it even more because Cindy and Vaginy were the Champs (chumps!)