• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Red Wings to hold "Hockeyfest" on 8/29

Rate this topic

I just got back from "Hockeyfest" and I don't like how they have it set up, too much stuff crammed on ice for everybody. It was really busy when i went and it was hard to move around, they have only 1 booth set up for alumini to sign at, and of course huge line for that. Good luck if you go.

Lidstrom, Homer, Williams and draps

I think the only players that will be there tomorrow is Drapes and Williams

Really? I did see the Yzerman is on the schedule for one of the talk sessions.. I'm hoping he sticks around! I'll still take the Captain's jersey #5 just in case ;-).

Guest lnvincible

Clearly was there today as well. Didnt get his A tho. Sucks, the person beside me got it :(

I went on Friday and as usual no organization, no one knows anything. Got there at 3:00 sharp, went and toured the locker room came out saw a large crowd by the tunnel, find out Lidstrom is signing, get in line, line takes forever because not only is he signing but also posing for pics with everyone. Then they say he is quiting at 4:00 sharp and no more after that, of course thats 25 people before I get there. Would have been nice if people were told when they came in the door he was signing. Those that came in at street level knew but if you came in at the Gordie Howe entrance like me you didn't.

Go up to see some ALUMNI on the concorse, wait in line for another 10 minutes, no-one is showing up to the table and nobody that works there even knows who is going to be signing. Then someone shows up and tells everyone to follow them. Back down the stairs to get in line in the tunnel to get autographs from Eddie Mio and Brent fedyk :rolleyes:

I did manage to get a free sponge puck they tossed out after the Q&A session. :rolleyes: Nobody signed after that and they hustled Lidstrom and Holmstrom out with a large crowd chasing after them. Last year Stevie and Gordie came down and signed for people after the Q&A session.

I could only stay for 2-1/2 hours so I don't know if it got better later.

Aside from the locker room tour it would have been a bust. At least I didn't pay $20. Maybe Saturday was better for people.

If they are doing a fan fest more players should show up and sign for a few hours. Everybody meets the players gets a memento and goes home happy. Really is that too much to ask? I guess for the Red Wings it is.

Guest lnvincible
I went on Friday and as usual no organization, no one knows anything. Got there at 3:00 sharp, went and toured the locker room came out saw a large crowd by the tunnel, find out Lidstrom is signing, get in line, line takes forever because not only is he signing but also posing for pics with everyone. Then they say he is quiting at 4:00 sharp and no more after that, of course thats 25 people before I get there. Would have been nice if people were told when they came in the door he was signing. Those that came in at street level knew but if you came in at the Gordie Howe entrance like me you didn't.

Go up to see some ALUMNI on the concorse, wait in line for another 10 minutes, no-one is showing up to the table and nobody that works there even knows who is going to be signing. Then someone shows up and tells everyone to follow them. Back down the stairs to get in line in the tunnel to get autographs from Eddie Mio and Brent fedyk :rolleyes:

I did manage to get a free sponge puck they tossed out after the Q&A session. :rolleyes: Nobody signed after that and they hustled Lidstrom and Holmstrom out with a large crowd chasing after them. Last year Stevie and Gordie came down and signed for people after the Q&A session.

I could only stay for 2-1/2 hours so I don't know if it got better later.

Aside from the locker room tour it would have been a bust. At least I didn't pay $20. Maybe Saturday was better for people.

If they are doing a fan fest more players should show up and sign for a few hours. Everybody meets the players gets a memento and goes home happy. Really is that too much to ask? I guess for the Red Wings it is.

Same thing happened on sat :P People waited for over 3 hours and they cut the line off and told them, no ones allowed to get in. It was dumb.

Yeah, I had no idea that Yzerman was going to sign and only found out he was signing after there was a huge line. I got there when the doors opened and had zero clue that was going on. I waited in line for over an hour only to find out they were cutting off the line. VERY LUCKILY I got an auto from Yzerman after the Q and A session. Made the almost 8 hours in drive time worth it,but I was luckybut had to deal with elbows and pushing from many and know many didn't get his auto.Like many have said wish it were more organized. And they should have more players signing. It's once a year and it's not asking too much. Just limit all the dealers who are trying to make a quick buck to one item only and there shouldn't be any problems making everyone happy.

Also have to note that Yzerman made me laugh when he yelled at that obnoxious women who kept screaming she couldn't hear during the Q and A.

Edited by Zata fan 40

WOW

I went to Hockeyfest on Saturday.

and for someone who has only been there one time I can say it was a blast.

tour of the dressing room was really neat. fun activities for every one.

reading some of the people who posted about how long they had to wait for this and that...GET OVER YOUR SELF!!

it wasnt about so YOU could get your jersey signed according to your schedule.

Im pretty sure those guys had other things they could of been doing then posing with the fans?

I got to see Dan Cleary help a couple kids out in the stick handling course and then taking a shot on goal.

I thought it was pretty cool of him to come out and hang out..

for the average fan it was something I will always remember doing.

I really cant believe how awful some of the posts are in this topic.

sitting pretty close to the Q and A with Holland and Yzerman was awesome... those are things us regular fans

never get to do on a regular basis....

I think they did a fine job... I saw alot of KIDS having fun playing goalie and carpet hockey and score-o

I saw alot of parents with smiles on their faces watching their kids in goalie equipment. taking pictures on the Zamboni

and next to AL the Octo... for 20.00 I got my moneys worth.... if you expect the entire team to be there then maybe you should go to the Toast to Hockeytown this was a Hockey Fest...... I saw nothing about it being a FAN fest.

GOOD JOB JLA!! I had a Great time.. but some hypocrites did not get their fair share for FREE!!!!

I agree with hockeytown_ryan, this was not set up for ALL the fans to get pictures and autographs from every player, could you imagine how long the players would have to sit there to make all there fans happy. They gave out signed pucks, shirts, and fatheads for people that answered questions about the wings correctly. Kids did enjoy themselves, I took my girlfriend into the locker room and enjoyed Ken Daniels walking around the public along with Jason Woollery. The only complaint I have was the people that were shoving and pushing you down to get Yzerman's autograph. It was cool to see players take the time out of there of season to come to this.

hockeytown_ryan :thumbup: some people just can't be pleased. its said really

I went Friday after work and had a great time. Yes it was really busy but if it wasn't then people would be complaining that no one was there haha.

I had a great time. It was kind of packed on Saturday, but wasn't terrible. We were able to move around see a few of the Q&A sessions, get some great pics, tour the locker room, and enjoy being at the Joe. We didn't end up getting any autographs, but hey there wasn't much time for it and instead of spending the 2 hours in line to be told its being cut off we got pictures of Williams and Cleary to stick handling drills.

Highlight of the day. One of the girls was trying to do the stick handling drill with her purse on. Cleary said he would hold it so she could do the drill, he then wore her purse on his shoulder.... and yes we got photos of this.

i like the hockey fest alot. i thought it was pretty cute seeing the little kids maybe about 3 or 4 years old trying on goalie equipment and playing in net..

like someone above me posted about dan cleary helping kids/fans with shots, jason williams did the same thing on friday.

WOW

I went to Hockeyfest on Saturday.

and for someone who has only been there one time I can say it was a blast.

tour of the dressing room was really neat. fun activities for every one.

reading some of the people who posted about how long they had to wait for this and that...GET OVER YOUR SELF!!

it wasnt about so YOU could get your jersey signed according to your schedule.

Im pretty sure those guys had other things they could of been doing then posing with the fans?

I got to see Dan Cleary help a couple kids out in the stick handling course and then taking a shot on goal.

I thought it was pretty cool of him to come out and hang out..

for the average fan it was something I will always remember doing.

I really cant believe how awful some of the posts are in this topic.

sitting pretty close to the Q and A with Holland and Yzerman was awesome... those are things us regular fans

never get to do on a regular basis....

I think they did a fine job... I saw alot of KIDS having fun playing goalie and carpet hockey and score-o

I saw alot of parents with smiles on their faces watching their kids in goalie equipment. taking pictures on the Zamboni

and next to AL the Octo... for 20.00 I got my moneys worth.... if you expect the entire team to be there then maybe you should go to the Toast to Hockeytown this was a Hockey Fest...... I saw nothing about it being a FAN fest.

GOOD JOB JLA!! I had a Great time.. but some hypocrites did not get their fair share for FREE!!!!

Wow, good for you, you had a good time. I could only go on Friday because of our schedule and could only stay for a few hours. I didn't have a good time because my kid didn't have a good time, caused by the LONG wait for everything and the fact they wanted to meet the Capt.

Maybe you can come and tell my 11 year old to get over herself. I guess we should institute a rule that only positive reviews of things should be posted on the board.

Yeah your right its too much to ask of a millionare who gets paid by the fans to spend more than one hour out of his life to give something back, especially the kids that would love to meet them. :blink:

Not having a good time yet somehow that makes me a HYPOCRITE :rolleyes: Maybe you should look up the definition of the word hypocrite so you learn what it actually means and use it appropriately.

To bad my post was awful but yours with the personal attacks was downright pathetic.

Wow, good for you, you had a good time.
I could only go on Friday because of our schedule and could only stay for a few hours.
I didn't have a good time because my kid didn't have a good time, caused by the LONG wait for everything and the fact they wanted to meet the Capt.

Maybe you can come and tell my 11 year old to get over herself. I guess we should institute a rule that only positive reviews of things should be posted on the board.

Yeah your right its too much to ask of a millionare who gets paid by the fans to spend more than one hour out of his life to give something back, especially the kids that would love to meet them. :blink:

Not having a good time yet somehow that makes me a HYPOCRITE :rolleyes: Maybe you should look up the definition of the word hypocrite so you learn what it actually means and use it appropriately.

To bad my post was awful but yours with the personal attacks was downright pathetic.

Well Maybe you should read the schedules before attending then.. and Read the name of the Event.... HOCKEY Fest

Not AUTOGRAPH fest.

I was in line Saturday for a couple hours to meet Steve too... but guess what? I got turned away.. was I crying and complaining.... using my 11 year old to get sympathy? I feel bad for your little girl not getting to meet Steve Yzerman,

but to say that it sucked because you went with everyone else and was a victim of the crowds...??? Sorry Sir and your Little girl.... But thats the way the Puck bounces.... LIke I said.. around your schedule?

and above all to say that you didnt pay to get in? What do you expect? what comes around ....goes around!

When is the last time you (didnt) pay 20.00 to get a single autograph let alone more than one!

Players are just like you and I, they have families and want to get the last vacation in before they go back to school too

why SHOULD they attend? it is not in thier contract that they HAVE TO ATTEND HOCKEY FEST!

The next time you and your little girl don't have a good time... maybe you should say so in your original post....to NOW use your your little girl when it works for you ...was pathetic

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Went to this last year, my daughter and I both got our Yzerman jerseys signed. He also signed my dads hat. We also got Bud Lynch's autograph and a few others. Almost had Gordies but he was slower than Stevie and he quit just before he came to us. Other than that it would have been a little lame, more of the players should have shown up. There weren't really that many people there on Saturday when I went.

Here is the photo of us on the Freepress site

bilde.jpg

so Why are you complaining about not meeting Yzerman??????

If you dont see him EVERY time you go to JLA its a Lame time!!!! :rolleyes:

you went on Saturday that time eh?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

everytime I go to the "joe" I want the players to walk me to my seat, give me autographs when I want it and during intermission I want to go to the locker room to give them a pep talk.

What are people thinking, some are dumb thinking the world revolves around him and his kid, maybe next time he should get there earlier and get in line with the rest of the people to get autographs, I was in line for Yzerman for 4 hours and I was one of the "lucky" ones to get it.

Next year I will look for this guy and laugh at him because he will be the one in the corner crying again.

Well Maybe you should read the schedules before attending then.. and Read the name of the Event.... HOCKEY Fest

Not AUTOGRAPH fest.

I was in line Saturday for a couple hours to meet Steve too... but guess what? I got turned away.. was I crying and complaining.... using my 11 year old to get sympathy? I feel bad for your little girl not getting to meet Steve Yzerman,

but to say that it sucked because you went with everyone else and was a victim of the crowds...??? Sorry Sir and your Little girl.... But thats the way the Puck bounces.... LIke I said.. around your schedule?

and above all to say that you didnt pay to get in? What do you expect? what comes around ....goes around!

When is the last time you (didnt) pay 20.00 to get a single autograph let alone more than one!

Players are just like you and I, they have families and want to get the last vacation in before they go back to school too

why SHOULD they attend? it is not in thier contract that they HAVE TO ATTEND HOCKEY FEST!

The next time you and your little girl don't have a good time... maybe you should say so in your original post....to NOW use your your little girl when it works for you ...was pathetic

Last year it was Fanfest, this year is Hockeyfest, do you have a book that says exactly what to expect at an event based on what its called? :rolleyes: I guess I should have told the 100+ people chasing the players after the Q&A session, I wasn't one of them by the way, that its not Autograph fest :lol:

I mean how silly of me to expect to maybe meet a player when they promote that players will be in attendance.

The schedules said nothing, that was the point of my original post. I guess you missed that. Or that there were no organized lines, the employees didn't know anything. Like I said maybe Saturday was better after they figured out what they did wrong from Friday.

So what, Friday was free. I've payed plenty with the tickets and the Red Wings logo merchandise I buy.

Crying?? Your the one crying about my critical comments. Somehow my bad review of the way the event was organized somehow attacked the good time you had. In order for your review to be the only correct one you and a few others had to get personnal. I guess thats what happens when your the center of the universe. Really I am happy you had a good time playing the games and listening to the thought provoking Q&A sessions. If thats what you like more power to you, whatever floats your boat. I won't attack you for it.

My daughter and I "oops there I go again using my daughter, not to get sympathy, just telling it like it is" like to meet players and yes get the occasional autograph. We've gotten lots of autographs and not paid for a single one. You like to play games, we like to meet players. To attack me personally for it is really whats pathetic.

Here it is simplified so you can understand, you could have a good time and I could have a bad time, it doesn't make either of us wrong.

Since you didn't say you understood, here is a example of the word Hypocrite. After criticisizing me for wanting to meet Lidstrom, then you making any attempt to meet any player or seek any autograph the rest of your life.