• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingMachine91

Devellano says Wings close to signing Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

So apparently many people who listen to the FAN 590 which had jimmy d on have been saying that when on the program he claimed to have bertuzzi signed within a week. Now i am not sure how credible this is but i feel that this does deserve some dicussion. Has anyone else heard about this?

So apparently many people who listen to the FAN 590 which had jimmy d on have been saying that when on the program he claimed to have bertuzzi signed within a week. Now i am not sure how credible this is but i feel that this does deserve some dicussion. Has anyone else heard about this?

Not gonna happen. Not only did we already sign the 3rd line winger (Williams) but we also only have 500,000 in cap space remaining. So unless he signs for under 1 mil, he aint coming.

Also, I think the program you're referring to was aired over a week ago. At that time we were still targeting free agents, however even Holland has admitted he's done until September at the earliest.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Not gonna happen. Not only did we already sign the 3rd line winger (Williams) but we also only have 500,000 in cap space remaining. So unless he signs for under 1 mil, he aint coming.

The Wings plan on moving a defenseman, and you can be over the cap during the preseason, so long as you are compliant before the season starts.

And even Malik says he doesn't believe it for a second. I'm sure this is all referring to when Devellano was talking about Bertuzzi as a potential signing ONLY WHEN we were targeting free agents at the time.

Holland is in Oregon now, vacationing.....golfing. He said that we're done with any signings until camp. Guys.....as much as I'd love it, its not gonna happen.

please no.

This. Watching him in Calgary last year he did have some moments but overall he was lazy and took dumb penalties which is something that will obviously cost you dearly in the playoffs.

So I called Fan590 and they confirmed that Jimmy D DID in fact say they will have Bertuzzi signed within the week. They also said they'd post the transcript from last night's interview online sometime today....

Take it for what you will.....

I was listening towatching Channel 4 this morning and they had both Mark Howe and Glenn Merkosky on, and they both confirmed the Wings were very close to a deal to trade spare parts Brett Lebda and Kirk Maltby to Edmonton for one of RW Jordan Eberle or C Riley Nash, both of whom are considered high-end prospects.

I was listening towatching Channel 4 this morning and they had both Mark Howe and Glenn Merkosky on, and they both confirmed the Wings were very close to a deal to trade spare parts Brett Lebda and Kirk Maltby to Edmonton for one of RW Jordan Eberle or C Riley Nash, both of whom are considered high-end prospects.

eh?

I'd definitely choose that over Bertuzzi........... Having him tarnishing this uniform for part of one season was more than enough.

Is that Eva's attempt at being funny, or is this true?

I still take Grier over present day Bert but he is more healthy than the last time he was here, he doesn't take any s*** after the whistle and could have some of the Drake-like determination to win the Cup while he still has a chance. I'm not turning down ANY sandpaper at this point.

I can live with Bert.

esteef

For the right price this would be a very good depth signing. He put up 44 points last season in 66 games. (Calgary Flames)

I'm on board.

Edit - Anaheim is still paying him 1.33 million dollars lol. Nice one Burke.

Edited by RedWingedKitten