• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Chelios still looking for place to play

Rate this topic

Blake was actually pretty good last year.

I wish Chelly nothing but the best.

Yea, in the regular season but he was brought in specifically to give them some veteran leadership to get them over the playoff hump. We all know how well that turned out.

It's hard seeing him in any other jersey.

Not me. I hated Chelios for as long as I can remember. I never forgot the s*** he pulled and said before he turncoated and joined the Wings. Can you imagine if Yzerman made public comments about how he hated Chicago and would never play for them only to leave Detroit not long after and join Chicago? And then proceed to whip the s*** out of us for the next 10 years. That's basically what he did to Chicago in my eyes. I don't respect him much.

Edited by Broken 16

Not me. I hated Chelios for as long as I can remember. I never forgot the s*** he pulled and said before he turncoated and joined the Wings. Can you imagine if Yzerman made public comments about how he hated Chicago and would never play for them only to leave Detroit not long after and join Chicago? And then proceed to whip the s*** out of us for the next 10 years. That's basically what he did to Chicago in my eyes. I don't respect him much.

Thats true..but you gotta at least respect him for his love for the game..yeah he pulled a dick move on Chicago,but he's still,in my mind,a good player.Age comes into the perspective with this one,too.Im about to go into college,so i dont remember much of Chelios before his Detroit days.

I would retire Chelios' jersey if I was Chicago.

It wasn't Chelios' fault "Dollar Bill" Wirtz wouldn't spend the money to field a competitive team around Chelios.

Hell, he hung around longer than Roenick.

Chelios, in 1992, almost single-handedly brought Chicago closer to the Cup than they had been in decades, and won two Norrises while with Chicago.

It wasn't Chelios' fault "Dollar Bill" Wirtz wouldn't spend the money to field a competitive team around Chelios.

Chelios, in 1992, almost single-handedly brought Chicago closer to the Cup than they had been in decades, and won two Norrises while with Chicago.

All in all,I just hope he's not forced to retire

I'm sorry... but when you go out of your way to say something like this... a man of integrity sticks behind it.

Dudes a great hockey player, but off the ice he has always been a complete tool. Seeing him in another jersey wouldn't break my heart at all. In fact, I hope he's wearing a Chicago jersey. Be fun to watch Bertuzzi work him over.

I'm sorry... but when you go out of your way to say something like this... a man of integrity sticks behind it.

Dudes a great hockey player, but off the ice he has always been a complete tool. Seeing him in another jersey wouldn't break my heart at all. In fact, I hope he's wearing a Chicago jersey. Be fun to watch Bertuzzi work him over.

It was a dick move,but he should be respected for his love for the game.

Based on his love of the game... sure.

Based on how I would feel seeing him in another jersey? Put him in one with nothing but a big target on it as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Broken 16

Yeah, I would respect Chelios a LOT more if he had stayed in Chicago and languished away on one of the continuously worst teams in the NHL with one of the worst owners in the history of the NHL; a team that barely even made a token effort at being competitive. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would respect Chelios a LOT more if he had stayed in Chicago and languished away on one of the continuously worst teams in the NHL with one of the worst owners in the history of the NHL; a team that barely even made a token effort at being competitive. :rolleyes:

Right... because Detroit was the only team in the NHL that was willing to sign Chris Chelios. :rolleyes:

I don't know how long you've watched hockey, but I watched Chelios cheap shot Red Wing players and fans for basically his entire tenure in Chicago. I've read so many quotes from him lambasting the Wings and their fans, there is no way I'll ever respect that guy. ESPECIALLY after he joined the team that he proclaimed to hate at every opportunity. I've had to endure that dip s*** in a Wings uniform for too long. Good riddance.

Edited by Broken 16

What's the 'dick move'? I thought Chicago traded him to Detroit. If he left the Hawks for greener pastures and signed as a free agent with the Wings, I could see what you mean.

Either way, some fans forgave him for all his bulls*** that he went out of the way to create... others didn't. I'm obviously the latter. :)

Great player,nonetheless.although im not a big fan of the comments about Detroit or the fans during his days in Chicago,he played his brains out during his time here in Detroit.

Well when u make comments like he did,and then go to the city,u better be playing ur brains out,rite? :lol:

Exactly. Man that guy used to spew some serious venom. Remember when he suggested that Bettman's family might be killed. Lol. That one was actually funny.