• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Marleau loses Sharks captaincy

Rate this topic

Isn't Rob Blake still on their roster?

If so, he'd be the perfect choice, being the senior statesman and a former captain himself.

:thumbup:

Man that GMR sure has what it takes to run an NHL franchise. I called it all the way.

Dan Boyle as captain? :lol: Get real folks.

:thumbup:

Man that GMR sure has what it takes to run an NHL franchise. I called it all the way.

Dan Boyle as captain? :lol: Get real folks.

I wouldn't be so proud to have the same mind as a management that repeatedly sends its team packing in late April.

Just sayin. :hehe: I mean the guy is turning 40 in December. How long do you expect this guy to be captain? One, two years?

Edited by Doc Holiday

I wouldn't be so proud to have the same mind as a management that repeatedly sends its team packing in late April.

Just sayin. :hehe: I mean the guy is turning 40 in December. How long do you expect this guy to be captain? One, two years?

So what? When he retires, someone else will become captain. It's not like Boyle or some other person will lose interest in the captaincy by that time.

I'm sure the players had some say in this matter and won't mind having Blake as captain. The Capitals have Chris Clark (who? :unsure: ) as their captain, so this isn't that bad a choice.

Edited by GMRwings1983

So what? When he retires, someone else will become captain. It's not like Boyle or some other person will lose interest in the captaincy by that time.

I'm sure the players had some say in this matter and won't mind having Blake as captain. The Capitals have Chris Clark (who) as their captain, so this isn't that bad a choice.

I think Blake could provide leadership, but I just don't think that having him as the go-to guy for one year is a successful solution long-term.

And I'm not saying Blake wouldn't be a good captain.

And McLellan's not far behind if that team doesn't produce.

Not McLellans fault, though I agree with you.

Marleau was a terrible leader. His s*** was bad even right after Nolan and Friesen left. He may be a decent player, but I'ev always considered him to be a terrible leader.

Blake seems like he'll do fine in replacement, and after he retires, maybe Thornton will get a shot.