• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

The Bertuzzi & Moore incident

Rate this topic

Bertuzzi should be in jail,certainly not playing hockey.It brings the class of the redwings organization a way down for having a bum like that on the team.Lets just hope Babcock doesnt use him much.

:violin:

You forgot to add, " And make sure you write that I said that".

People need to shut up with all the "class" comments. The wings are a hockey team, if you want class watch a polo match or something. FAct of the matter is Kenny brought Bert here so ppl should stop whining about him. Yes its the same Kenny that built a classy team and now he's adding some grit. Boohoo

Bert made a mistake. He apologized from the bottom of his heart. He served the suspension given to him by the NHL. He attempted to pay his respects to Moore and explained that he had made a terrible mistake. He tried to settle the case civily with monetary compensation.

What else do you expect from this guy? Has he done anything like that since? How many of you on these boards have ever been in a fight at some point during your life? Did you or someone you know go to jail for years for sucker punching someone? I didn't think so.

Sure, he assaulted Moore. Yeah, it was illegal. Yes, it was disgusting. However, he served the punishment and did his best to rectify the situation. What else would you expect of him? There is no reason he should have been removed from the league.

I could care less about the incident. My personal opinion is that Moore is being a pansy for not even talking to him after Berts numerous attempts to try to apologize. It is my opinion that Moore should grow a pair and forgive the guy already. This debocle has gone on for years, and if I remember correctly Moore still refuses to say a word to Bert. Seems to me he's acting similarly to a seven year old school girl.

If Bert went night in and night out trying to hurt people, I wouldn't want him here. But, as it stands, he's a BIG, AGRESSIVE pressence that hopefully can chip in 20ish goals this season. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to see him back in the Winged Wheel.

And thats my two cents.

Edited by Lamothe

To err is human, to forgive is divine (Alexander Pope)

To err is Human Yes........ But to Cheap shot is Chicken s***!

I know he apologized but it was NO accident....err means Error? as in Did not mean to?

cause he sure meant to sucker punch him thats for sure.. maybe not the after math but the punch for sure...

I dont care who he played for, or plays for now, or if he did it in a winged wheel..

all the scenarios mean nothing to me... that was a low down dirty chicken s*** thing to do....

just like McSorley.... Low down and Chicken s***!

Did he apologize? Yes he did... but that is a mark on his permanent record no matter what.

It will follow him like a plague..

Everyone will remember Todd Bertuzzi for that moment in Hockey... Until he scores the Game winner in OT of the Stanley Cup Finals game 7.....(or something comparable) he will always be known for being..."That Guy"

I dont like the guy personally.... But he is a member of the team I support...therefor, I shall put my personal feeling aside for the sake of hockey....

Go Wings!

Bertuzzi came up and sucker punched Moore... NEARLY SIX YEARS AGO.

+1 for BeeRYCE. He says it all right there.

It happened, it was cowardly, its over, and its now a new season. Lets move on and deal with Bert this season instead of Bert from 6 years ago.

If Bertuzzi ends up injuring Crosby (legally, and not to the extent of a broken neck), I wonder how many haters will support him again.

Honestly, I think the job of pounding "Crosby with his ass" goes to Pronger, since they're gonna see each other frequently. I think I'm going to be cheering for the Flyers, when they play the Pens, that'll be fun.

Honestly, I think the job of pounding "Crosby with his ass" goes to Pronger, since they're gonna see each other frequently. I think I'm going to be cheering for the Flyers, when they play the Pens, that'll be fun.

I'm not gonna miss a single Flyers/Pens game this year. Pronger is gonna pound the s*** out of Sidney.

To err is Human Yes........ But to Cheap shot is Chicken s***!

I know he apologized but it was NO accident....err means Error? as in Did not mean to?

cause he sure meant to sucker punch him thats for sure.. maybe not the after math but the punch for sure...

I dont care who he played for, or plays for now, or if he did it in a winged wheel..

all the scenarios mean nothing to me... that was a low down dirty chicken s*** thing to do....

just like McSorley.... Low down and Chicken s***!

Did he apologize? Yes he did... but that is a mark on his permanent record no matter what.

It will follow him like a plague..

Everyone will remember Todd Bertuzzi for that moment in Hockey... Until he scores the Game winner in OT of the Stanley Cup Finals game 7.....(or something comparable) he will always be known for being..."That Guy"

I dont like the guy personally.... But he is a member of the team I support...therefor, I shall put my personal feeling aside for the sake of hockey....

Go Wings!

Err means mistake and thats what Bert made did he plan on getting Moore yeah he did becuase moore took a run at Markus and Bert was doing what alot of poster clamor on here for he was sticking up for a star player. Bert just went about it stupidly

Guest Lidstromboli
I'm not gonna miss a single Flyers/Pens game this year. Pronger is gonna pound the s*** out of Sidney.

ProngerElbow1.jpg

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I dont like Pronger, but I'm liking this gameplan of yours as I dont like Crosby 10X more.

Bertuzzi came up and sucker punched Moore... NEARLY SIX YEARS AGO.

This * 1000.

It happened, Bertuzzi messed up bigtime, he knows it, he's owned up to it, it was time to make peace with it a long time ago.

It'd be one thing to dislike him even more if he was a jackass about it or was an athlete with an attitude problem on or off the ice where he's a drama queen. But it doesn't seem like he's that kinda person.

I hate that he did it but overall I don't dislike Bertuzzi as a person due to what I just expalined and I'm able to live with what he did even though it's wrong.

Here's hoping Bertuzzi shines with Detroit this season. :beerbuddy:

Wait a minute; from Toronto Star :

Former Vancouver Canucks coach Marc Crawford and general manager Brian Burke silently orchestrated Todd Bertuzzi's career-ending assault on Steve Moore in 2004, new court records allege.

With the Avalanche dominating the Canucks 5-0 at the end of the second period in a crucial March 8, 2004 matchup, Crawford pointed to Steve Moore's name and number on the roster board and said, "(Moore) must pay the price" for a hit he had previously delivered on Canucks captain Markus Naslund, claims a motion filed by Moore's lawyers.

Crawford's call to action was part of an unspoken hockey "code" of violence instilled from the top, Moore alleges in the documents.

"Crawford took his instructions from Brian Burke, his tough talking boss who also advocates in favour of violence in hockey," the motion records say. "He advocates fighting, expressing his dislike over the fact that it bothered him that with the Leafs, it was always the Leafs' trainers on the ice, implying that he wanted to see the other teams' trainers on the ice, whilst promoting a more `hostile' team."

He that gets jumped on by a lot of players will surely get something hurt

moral of the story... in coming to his defense his teamates served him up a nice dose of the chair by piling on him.

hopefully its a WELCOME BACK BERT! soon

Yeah, it was Moore's teamates fault! Except half the people that fell on him were Canucks...oh, and Bertuzzi was the one who drove his head into the ice. This is a pathetic attempt to take blame away form Bertuzzi.

It's like headhunting Zetterberg out of the game and then thinking you've "manned up" by fighting Maltby. Moore's ***** ass got what he deserved.

Next.

esteef

And this? This is just a pathetic post.

I am embarrassed that we share an interest in the same team.

And for all you claiming "THIS WAS SIX YEARS AGO"...you are trying to argue that it was an incident that happened in the past and we should all get over it? Sorry, but try telling that to Steve Moore, who is still not back in the NHL.

The fact that the court battle is still ongoing also proves that this is an ongoing issue.

I am not saying we should all hate Bertuzzi, and he should never be forgiven - but this incident is still fresh in everyone's minds, hence the debate we are having today.

As effective as Bertuzzi, MAY be for the Wings this season, he still stands out as a blemish on the Wings roster. But hey, its a hockey move - Holland and the Wings brought him in for points, not based on his past - a reasoning I am not sure I agree with.

I'm not Steve Moore, so I don't have to live with that hanging over my head, I'm sorry.

I'm pretty sure, like the 1st time with Bertuzzi's stint here, Holland and management carefully did their homework on Bertuzzi to see if his head is on straight and he wasn't going to go apes**t on somebody in an attempt to purposefully injure.

It's easier said than done, but in any bitter conflict big or small, there comes a point in time where you are just going to have to accept that enough is enough and forgive the person and move on or at least be at peace with the conflict.

Everybody in that whole incident, Bertuzzi, coaches etc. had a hand in what happened on the ice. The incident was inexcusable.

But it happened, you cannot erase it. If Bertuzzi was unapologetic or a complete a'hole with his attitude, it'd be easy to not let it go and dislike him. But for crying out loud he lost his griddles on national TV apologizing, he seems remorseful about it, and he doesn't seem like the kinda person that always is screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE, I'M GOD, BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME!"

Sorry, but I'm not the kinda person more often than not to just hold grudges or be vengeful or bitter towards people for long lengths of time.

Do I hate what happened to Steve Moore? Yes. Do I hate what Todd Bertuzzi did? Yes. Do I want Steve Moore to get better? Yes. It cannot be changed though. There's always a time, understandably so, to be pissed off, angry, sad, whatever. After a while though you got to get past those emotions, make your peace, and move on with your life to be normal again. Todd Bertuzzi has seemed to do that and at least be in a good state of mind and at the same time show he's truly sorry and seems like he's a decent/good guy in the grand scheme of things, six or seven years later. It's time others to do the same as well.

And this has zero to do with homer biasedness or Bertuzzi being in a Red Wings uniform. If this makes me unsympathetic towards Steve Moore's cause, I'm sorry.

I wish nothing but the best towards both Bertuzzi and Moore.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I'm not Steve Moore, so I don't have to live with that hanging over my head, I'm sorry.

I'm pretty sure, like the 1st time with Bertuzzi's stint here, Holland and management carefully did their homework on Bertuzzi to see if his head is on straight and he wasn't going to go apes**t on somebody in an attempt to purposefully injure.

It's easier said than done, but in any bitter conflict big or small, there comes a point in time where you are just going to have to accept that enough is enough and forgive the person and move on or at least be at peace with the conflict.

Everybody in that whole incident, Bertuzzi, coaches etc. had a hand in what happened on the ice. The incident was inexcusable.

But it happened, you cannot erase it. If Bertuzzi was unapologetic or a complete a'hole with his attitude, it'd be easy to not let it go and dislike him. But for crying out loud he lost his griddles on national TV apologizing, he seems remorseful about it, and he doesn't seem like the kinda person that always is screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE, I'M GOD, BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME!"

Sorry, but I'm not the kinda person more often than not to just hold grudges or be vengeful or bitter towards people for long lengths of time.

Do I hate what happened to Steve Moore? Yes. Do I hate what Todd Bertuzzi did? Yes. Do I want Steve Moore to get better? Yes. It cannot be changed though. There's always a time, understandably so, to be pissed off, angry, sad, whatever. After a while though you got to get past those emotions, make your peace, and move on with your life to be normal again. Todd Bertuzzi has seemed to do that and at least be in a good state of mind and at the same time show he's truly sorry and seems like he's a decent/good guy in the grand scheme of things, six or seven years later. It's time others to do the same as well.

And this has zero to do with homer biasedness or Bertuzzi being in a Red Wings uniform. If this makes me unsympathetic towards Steve Moore's cause, I'm sorry.

I wish nothing but the best towards both Bertuzzi and Moore.

Amen to that, seriously.

Any sympathy I once had for Steve Moore is gone. He must've hurt his brain alot more then his neck from that accident. Almost 6 years ago, and he's still drawing it out as long as possible. He needs to grow up, and give up. Him trying to drag Bertuzzi, May, Crawford, Burke and the whole Vancouver organization is foolish. He was a dirty cheapshotting rat, who was more of a scumbag then Steve Ott and Sean Avery combined, was a fringe NHL player at best, took a dirty run at a Captain of at te time, a premier NHL team, and when retribution came calling, he skated away, because he was afraid. He doesnt deserve the time of day any more, Bertuzzi payed his due, Bertuzzi was one of the best players in the NHL before he beat up an AHLer, and now because of it, he's barely a 2nd/3rd line, it's too bad. I really dont care if my view isnt right, all Moore had to do was man up and get beat up Brad May, and he'd still be in the AHL, unfortunately, he made a costly mistake.

Any sympathy I once had for Steve Moore is gone. He must've hurt his brain alot more then his neck from that accident. Almost 6 years ago, and he's still drawing it out as long as possible. He needs to grow up, and give up. Him trying to drag Bertuzzi, May, Crawford, Burke and the whole Vancouver organization is foolish. He was a dirty cheapshotting rat, who was more of a scumbag then Steve Ott and Sean Avery combined, was a fringe NHL player at best, took a dirty run at a Captain of at te time, a premier NHL team, and when retribution came calling, he skated away, because he was afraid. He doesnt deserve the time of day any more, Bertuzzi payed his due, Bertuzzi was one of the best players in the NHL before he beat up an AHLer, and now because of it, he's barely a 2nd/3rd line, it's too bad. I really dont care if my view isnt right, all Moore had to do was man up and get beat up Brad May, and he'd still be in the AHL, unfortunately, he made a costly mistake.

Moore fought in that game.

And the statement you are referring to is not from a recent interview. And since his whole legal battle isn't over, why should he let it go?