• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NeverForgetMac25

Favre to Sign with Vikings

Rate this topic

What I find funny is that he is coming back "because their is something left in the tank" yet he signs with Green Bay's biggest rival and this appears to have all the makings of looking to take it to the Packers organization and not the latter.

Shame on you #4 for ruining a hall of fame career. Also good luck on returning to Green Bay this year....hope he enjoys boos because he will get his share of them in a place I thought he never would.

Well for starters I'm not much of a football fan; never had anything for, or against Favre - rather neutral to be honest until he started his "I might retire" charades several years ago...That's when I felt the guy was being a goof, and for whatever reason he was looking for attention...Got tired of that real quick.

That makes perfect sense then. If you were a fan before those charades started though, you would sing a different tune....atleast until mid-way through his career (as I noted above).

What I find funny is that he is coming back "because their is something left in the tank" yet he signs with Green Bay's biggest rival and this appears to have all the makings of looking to take it to the Packers organization and not the latter.

Shame on you #4 for ruining a hall of fame career. Also good luck on returning to Green Bay this year....hope he enjoys boos because he will get his share of them in a place I thought he never would.

QFT

And deserves every bit of those boos. He's so hell-bent on getting back at Ted Thompson he doesn't care that he's pissing on every Packers fan that used to support him blindly. I was one of them.

Perfect post timothy.

Favre to Sign w/ Vikings

Excuse me while I throw up. I just lost the tiny bit of respect I had left for Favre.

What, the guy doesn't have the right to make a living still?? Yeah he went back and fourth. But who cares? It's his life, and his career. You're clearly just a disgruntled Packer fan. Green Bay should have just let him free in the first place. Rather than force him to one of two places, either jets or bucs. So if anyone started a "beef" it was the Packers organization. Saying you lost all respect for Favre is laughable. Yeah he changes his mind a lot. But he's still talented when healthy and deserves a chance to play again. I can't wait to see Favre jumping up and down with joy after a touchdown scored at Lambeau, all while wearing purple. I love it. As for the division. Minnesota will win the central. Bears and Packers will fight it out for second place.

What other team could offer him one iota of what Minnesota could right now:

-They run an offense that he's run his entire career.

-They have the best running back in the NFL.

-They have a very good offensive line.

-They have a solid defense.

-He's good friends with their head coach and offensive coordinator.

-One of his best friends is on the team (Longwell).

-They're only scheduled for one "cold weather" game this season.

-He gets to play 9-10 games inside a dome where he's been lights out the latter part of his career.

-And, oh yeah, he gets to play the Packers twice.

I'm sorry, people think it's all about revenge, but there was never any indication that he wanted to play for the Bears or Lions. He could've gone to Tampa Bay last year and been in the same conference as the Packers, but he didn't seem to have much interest in going there.

The Vikings are a bonafide Super Bowl contender who was lacking a quarterback. Where else could he go, start, and have a pretty decent chance to win the Super Bowl? There's no where else.

NFM:

QFT

And deserves every bit of those boos. He's so hell-bent on getting back at Ted Thompson he doesn't care that he's pissing on every Packers fan that used to support him blindly. I was one of them.

He's not pissing on every Packers fan that used to support him blindly. He's continuing to play football on a team that's a perfect fit.

What? The Packers are perfectly fine to move on without him--and that's NOT pissing on their fans--but he's not allowed to continue his career with the best fit for him because that team just HAPPENS to be a team that Packer fans don't like? C'mon.

The Packers made their decision. Mike McSsolini made sure the trains were still running on time. They wanted Rodgers. Maybe it'll prove to be the best decision for them. It's stupid the team is apparently allowed to dump him and it's just business, but Favre wants to keep playing and suddenly he's the Anti-Christ.

Even if it is 100% about revenge--which it isn't, though I think more of that is there than he's letting on--so what? It's human nature to want to prove your doubters wrong. Anyone who has ever wanted an ex-girlfriend to see them with someone hotter, anyone who has ever wanted to outshine the person that beat them out for a promotion, etc. has felt that way. It's just rare that the opportunity comes around to actually satisfy these urges.

The Packers let him go. Just remember that.

For the record, how do you feel about Edgar Bennett, NFM?

Edited by Packer487

What other team could offer him one iota of what Minnesota could right now:

-They run an offense that he's run his entire career.

-They have the best running back in the NFL.

-They have a very good offensive line.

-They have a solid defense.

-He's good friends with their head coach and offensive coordinator.

-One of his best friends is on the team (Longwell).

-They're only scheduled for one "cold weather" game this season.

-He gets to play 9-10 games inside a dome where he's been lights out the latter part of his career.

-And, oh yeah, he gets to play the Packers twice.

I'm sorry, people think it's all about revenge, but there was never any indication that he wanted to play for the Bears or Lions. He could've gone to Tampa Bay last year and been in the same conference as the Packers, but he didn't seem to have much interest in going there.

The Vikings are a bonafide Super Bowl contender who was lacking a quarterback. Where else could he go, start, and have a pretty decent chance to win the Super Bowl? There's no where else.

NFM:

He's not pissing on every Packers fan that used to support him blindly. He's continuing to play football on a team that's a perfect fit.

What? The Packers are perfectly fine to move on without him--and that's NOT pissing on their fans--but he's not allowed to continue his career with the best fit for him because that team just HAPPENS to be a team that Packer fans don't like? C'mon.

The Packers made their decision. Mike McSsolini made sure the trains were still running on time. They wanted Rodgers. Maybe it'll prove to be the best decision for them. It's stupid the team is apparently allowed to dump him and it's just business, but Favre wants to keep playing and suddenly he's the Anti-Christ.

Even if it is 100% about revenge--which it isn't, though I think more of that is there than he's letting on--so what? It's human nature to want to prove your doubters wrong. Anyone who has ever wanted an ex-girlfriend to see them with someone hotter, anyone who has ever wanted to outshine the person that beat them out for a promotion, etc. has felt that way. It's just rare that the opportunity comes around to actually satisfy these urges.

Great post man. :clap: 100% agreed.

Well said. I will say there isn't many other places he could go to (if any), but I just don't think he can face the reality of quitting football. This is all so annoying...You can't even watch Sportscenter because of him. Pretty sad so many people lost respect for him, but he made the bed he is laying in so I don't feel sorry for him.

If the Vikings are so obviously the perfect place for him and all he wants to do is get out there and play, why did he skip most of the training camp grunt work?

Because he's old and lazy and didn't want to go to camp. ;)

They were very seriously saying on ESPN yesterday that he specifically waited for as long as he did so that he wouldn't have to go.

What, the guy doesn't have the right to make a living still?? Yeah he went back and fourth. But who cares? It's his life, and his career. You're clearly just a disgruntled Packer fan. Green Bay should have just let him free in the first place. Rather than force him to one of two places, either jets or bucs. So if anyone started a "beef" it was the Packers organization. Saying you lost all respect for Favre is laughable. Yeah he changes his mind a lot. But he's still talented when healthy and deserves a chance to play again. I can't wait to see Favre jumping up and down with joy after a touchdown scored at Lambeau, all while wearing purple. I love it. As for the division. Minnesota will win the central. Bears and Packers will fight it out for second place.

Make a living? Seriously? Brett Favre hasn't had to "make a living" since the mid-90's.

However, of course he has the right to play....and no, I'm most certainly not just a disgruntled Packers fan. I have zero respect for Ted Thompson for handling the situation the way he did the previous offseason, and now I have lost all respect for Favre who clearly is all about sticking it to Thompson even though he's pissing on all those that have blindly supported him since he turned this organization around.

This has nothing to do with him not deserving a chance to play. This has to do with Favre picking the one team no Packers fan ever wants to see their players go to, especially the greatest player in franchise history. If you can't see that for what it is, there's no point debating it with you.

You don't honestly believe this has nothing to do with just "continuing to play," do you? Why was Favre so hell-bent on playing for the Vikings last year? For the simple reason of wanting to get back at Thompson for putting him in a position he wasn't ready to be in at the time. The point is, Favre can tell the media (as he did yesterday) that this has "nothing to do with Thompson" all he wants...we all know damn well it atleast has something to do with it. While Favre is sticking it to Thompsom, the Packers fan-base are the ones that suffer seeing the all-time face of their franchise playing for its most hated nemesis.

Edgar Bennett, Brett Favre....apples, oranges.

After he finishes the last six games of the year with 4-5 TD passes and 10-12 INTs he'll be cut anyways, so it's as good as a one year deal. :D

Nah he will announce his retirement and the Vikes will draft Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford to make them their franchise quarterback. Then during training camp he will say he wants to come back but the Vikes tell him he has to compete for the position like everyone else and they end up cutting him. #4 then comes to Detroit so he can take it to the Pack and the Vikes but tell everyone else that their is "just something left in the tank".

I have nothing against Brett Favre personally, if he wants to play football and keep doing tihs as a living, more power to him, but my god I am tired of hearing about him. Him, Sidney Crosby, Tim Tebow. Guys I have absolutely zero beef with but it just get beyond the point of absurdity how media kisses these people's butts.

However, of course he has the right to play....and no, I'm most certainly not just a disgruntled Packers fan. I have zero respect for Ted Thompson for handling the situation the way he did the previous offseason, and now I have lost all respect for Favre who clearly is all about sticking it to Thompson even though he's pissing on all those that have blindly supported him since he turned this organization around.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion--and it's one that I respect more than 99% of the people on this board--but I really don't understand this viewpoint. The way Thompson handled the situation last year caused you to lose all respect for him, how do you think Favre felt? We're fans, we're emotional, but at the end of the day we're just fans. Favre was actually affected by what took place last offseason, with the train leaving the station and all. If it was enough to make you lose all respect for the man, I'm sure Favre felt the same way. It's just he's in a position to do something about it.

This has nothing to do with him not deserving a chance to play. This has to do with Favre picking the one team no Packers fan ever wants to see their players go to, especially the greatest player in franchise history. If you can't see that for what it is, there's no point debating it with you.

That's fair, but what other options were there? Like I said, I don't deny that part of this is sticking it to Thompson, but in the end it's about winning another Super Bowl is it not? The best revenge is success. If he wins a Super Bowl, Thompson looks like much more of a fool than if Favre comes back, beats GB twice, and doesn't go anywhere in the playoffs. So I don't really buy that he had to go to a team in the division. He picked a team that gives him the best chance to win another title--the best team that needed a quarterback badly.

You don't honestly believe this has nothing to do with just "continuing to play," do you? Why was Favre so hell-bent on playing for the Vikings last year? For the simple reason of wanting to get back at Thompson for putting him in a position he wasn't ready to be in at the time. The point is, Favre can tell the media (as he did yesterday) that this has "nothing to do with Thompson" all he wants...we all know damn well it atleast has something to do with it. While Favre is sticking it to Thompsom, the Packers fan-base are the ones that suffer seeing the all-time face of their franchise playing for its most hated nemesis.

I still firmly believe that he wanted the Vikings because they were by far the best team out there that needed a quarterback. It helps--for sure--that they're in the NFC North as well, but if all he wanted was a chance to play the Packers and beat them, why didn't he push more for Tampa last year? It seems that Favre actually preferred the Jets over the Bucs and the Bucs were on GB's schedule last year.

I know this has something to do with Thompson. But I don't think he picked the Vikings specifically because they're a rival of the Packers. More because they're actually a really strong team. If all he wanted was a rival, we would've heard more about the Bears or (haha) the Lions too. Neither of those teams were ever mentioned and they both clearly needed QBs as well. It was always the Vikings. Why? Adrian Peterson, familiar offense, one of his best friends, dome...they've got a lot to offer a QB looking to go out on top.

Edgar Bennett, Brett Favre....apples, oranges.

Why? Because they parted on more friendly terms? He's still a Packer Hall of Famer who had free reign to go wherever he wanted and he picked the Bears. Maybe he's not a legend like Favre, but he's pretty far up the list to be in the PHOF. Sharper: Future Packer HOFer immediately signed with the Vikings. Ditto Longwell. Majik played for the division rival Lions.

Heck, Aaron Kampman was a free agent, signed with the Vikings and the Packers matched the offer. (There were plenty of Packer fans at the time who were not only not upset, but would have gladly taken the 4th rounder in compensation, good luck getting them to admit that now.) I wonder if he's good enough yet that doing something similar would make him Benedict Arnold.....

I personally just don't see the problem. The guy wanted to continue his career and the Packers decided it wasn't going to be in Green Bay. They used their leverage to place him in a situation that worked well for them--and they guaranteed that he couldn't end up with the teams they didn't want him to end up with by putting a poison pill in the contact. A year later, Favre had the leverage because the Jets had no cap space, and he used it to put himself on the team that's the best fit in the entire league for a guy like him.

Is he supposed to retire or go to a lesser team just because the Vikings are a rival? I'm sorry, I don't see it as spitting in the face of Packer fans. They're clearly the best fit and it's not even close. He's doing what's best for him. The Packers did what they felt was the best for them. It's business and it blows my mind the number of people in this state who seem genuinely offended that Favre is playing in Minnesota.

If you don't like it, blame Ted Thompson and the guy who had to make the trains run on time, McCarthy. They made the decision to cut Brett Favre loose. How can you blame the man for wanting to put himself into the best situation possible?

And that is why I don't care what team he's playing for, I'm happy Brett Favre is still in the NFL. God do I wish he was still in Green and Gold. Purple is better than permanent retirement though.....

That was magical. Once he's gone for good, there's never gonna be another one like him, so I'm happy to watch and cheer for as long as he's willing to play.