• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Wings sign Todd Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I've never thought in his previous short stay that we got a fair shake at Bertuzzi. Him resigning here makes trading Mattias at least worth more than the 10 odd games he played for his a few years ago.

8 games, and yes, fully agreed with this.

Like Homer on LTIR?

That's definitely possible. In the last few years bertuzzi has played 60 some odd games. Chances are Holmstrom will play 50-60 games too. Maltby is 37 so maybe they envision him dropping his game totals down. Draper's 38 so maybe his game totals drop too.

Maybe among the forwards they realize that with injuries and age it's a smart move to have a rotation in place. When Holmstrom sits Cleary steps into the first line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. When Bertuzzi sits Helm or Eaves get elevated to third line to see how they fit. When Maltby sits Eaves and Helm work out on the fourth wings. When Draper sits Helm works as centre on the 4th. Personally I don't see maltby being the true 13th forward all season.

z/d/h

mule/fil/bert

willy/helm/clears

eaves/drapes/leino

maltby

does this seem right?? maybe willy on the 4th line instead of leino, or maybe eaves is AHL bound, or maybe someone will be traded, but this is one deep ass team

I cant see Cleary regularly being ont he third line. I think we'll see a lot of:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filppula - Franzen

Leino - Williams - Bertuzzi

Helm - Draper - Eaves

Maltby

No way Leino is on the fourth line. I just cant see that. Then as they players develop and start getting into the swing of things everyone will be shuffled around (as usual)

z/d/h

mule/fil/bert

willy/helm/clears

eaves/drapes/leino

maltby

does this seem right?? maybe willy on the 4th line instead of leino, or maybe eaves is AHL bound, or maybe someone will be traded, but this is one deep ass team

leino will probably be put directly into the 3rd line role that hudler played. with the depth added, we may very well see helm on the 4th line, though he's strong on faceoffs and would be great on the 3rd line. i'd rather see homer on the 4th line but i don't see it happening. the lines will change 15 times per game but the starting line-up is anyone's guess...so here's mine.

dats - z - homer

mule - flip - cleary

leino - helm - tuzzi

eaves - draper - williams

maltby in the press box please

good player at the right price, if he can find his way on a line that plays TOGETHER.

todd is no longer able to carry but will follow just fine and he sees the ice well.

if he can break the penalty-ridden issue that has plagued the last 3 years of his career (or more), he's a steal at 1.5M - good job, kenny!

This is a stupid move. Kenny should have tried to get Vinny Lecavalier or Luke Schenn. Those are guys you win cups with, Bertuzzi is a bum.

yeah, because vinny is definitely standing in line to play for 1.5M :rolleyes:

This is a stupid move. Kenny should have tried to get Vinny Lecavalier or Luke Schenn. Those are guys you win cups with, Bertuzzi is a bum.

I know cause Vinny would be so easy to get. You sir are an idiot.

I cant see Cleary regularly being ont he third line. I think we'll see a lot of:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filppula - Franzen

Leino - Williams - Bertuzzi

Helm - Draper - Eaves

Maltby

No way Leino is on the fourth line. I just cant see that. Then as they players develop and start getting into the swing of things everyone will be shuffled around (as usual)

I just really bothers me to have helm on the 4th line because he is way better than that and is a very important part of this team now. Unless babs plans to use him as a primary PKer this year, i'd rather have him on the third line so he gets more minutes. I can bet bert and clears will be shuffled between the third and second lines all year. But I guess I could live with your lines as long as helm is a primary PKer, IMO he needs to get as much playing time as possible to help him develop more and play some meaningful minutes

I just really bothers me to have helm on the 4th line because he is way better than that and is a very important part of this team now. Unless babs plans to use him as a primary PKer this year, i'd rather have him on the third line so he gets more minutes. I can bet bert and clears will be shuffled between the third and second lines all year. But I guess I could live with your lines as long as helm is a primary PKer, IMO he needs to get as much playing time as possible to help him develop more and play some meaningful minutes

I definitely agree with that. With the injuries that are bound to happen to the top 9 forwards I wuold imagien if Helm started on the 4th line that he'd be the first to be elevated in all situations. I just cant see the Wings signing Williams at $1.5 to play on the 4th, or putting Leino on the 4th. So that only leaves helm.

Let's face facts though, unless Holmstrom has some miraculously healthy season the guy will only play 50 odd games. That means for the other 30+ games everyone gets boosted a spot, putting Helm on the 3rd.

I'm by no means a Bertuzzi fan, but this is a pretty good deal for the Wings. Only $1.5 mil, he should be good for 20-30 goals. It'll be interesting to see what line he's on and how much he contributes on defense. I remember in the '07 playoffs he was on a line with Lang and Huds and they got little ice time because of their lack of coverage in their own end.

I now declare the most famous member of LGW to be *drum roll* DON CHERRY!!!

I'm happier about this than Williams...big dude that can put up 20 goals and 40 points. Welcome back Bert.

yes i see bert as a 20-20 guy this year for sure, same goes for cleary, leino, willy, hell even eaves and helm could be capable of that if they had the ice time. I know ppl were worried about all the goals we lost but things are starting to come together now with next years team. Only question mark now is goaltending, and by that I mean will howard be capable, and will ozzie be better in reg season than last year

Guest micah

I didn't want Bert back, but if this move puts Maltby in the pressbox I'm all for it.