• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Wings sign Todd Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Fighting for a spot in the NFL? Dude, what are you smoking?

Schenn played last year in the NHL at 19 years old and was on the Leafs top D pair. This kid has a much higher ceiling than Zetterberg has.

Could you imagine our D with Kronner, Stuart, Rafalski, Lids, and Schenn... that would be amazing. Our forwards with Garbovski would also be stacked and we would probably lead the league in goals due to the explosiveness that Garbovski would bring to the team.

... And Garbovski doesn't have injury problems like Zetterberg does. Burke might not even accept the trade due to Zetterberg's known back problems.

Lol, dude when you're getting two sports confused, it doesn't help validate your argument. :rolleyes:

Guest mindfly

I like that they add size but lets say i wont be surprised if he ends up missing 30games with a f***ed up back...

too injury prone and take bad penalties... if he stays healthy and plays more with discipline i approve this signing ;)

bert for 1.5 is a good deal. a hell of a lot better than jason williams at 1.5. bert brings grit, size, and scoring touch. we need it all. i'd love to see bert regain some of his old form, not likely, but if he does this will be one hell of a signing.

Schenn played last year in the NHL at 19 years old and was on the Leafs top D pair. This kid has a much higher ceiling than Zetterberg has.

Could you imagine our D with Kronner, Stuart, Rafalski, Lids, and Schenn... that would be amazing. Our forwards with Garbovski would also be stacked and we would probably lead the league in goals due to the explosiveness that Garbovski would bring to the team.

... And Garbovski doesn't have injury problems like Zetterberg does. Burke might not even accept the trade due to Zetterberg's known back problems.

Ppl in the Toronto area jerk off Grabovski like he is the next Jesus Christ. He has his moments where he shows flashes but he is far from the offensive juggernaut ppl make him out to be. Maybe he'll get there one day but he is by no means there now. You're talking about trading a Conn Smyth winner, future captain, 4 time 30+ goal scorer, and one of the (if not the) best defensive forwards in the game today. Although Scheen is already sick he is primarily a defensive defenseman. Grabovski wouldnt come near replacing the offense we'd lose in Zetterberg and Schenn does nothing to help. True our D gets better but we dont need it with the depth we currently have. Then on top of that you want to give up a 1st as well.

I just dont understand you man

dude i would trade anyone of our defenseman not named lidstrom for schenn

doesn't exactly mean that Burke would accept that trade

as for the other guy AGAIN

1. its G-R-A-B-O-V-S-K-I

2. Zetterberg > Grabovski defensively, and even offensively after playing that 2 way style

There are a lot of people with broken sarcasm detectors in here..

be that as it may, there are far too many cases where people make erroneous reports based entirely on what they are claiming to be "serious", only to later retract their statements altogether as sarcasm when people rightfully point out their ignorance.

sarcasm is an art form, not a prostitute.

Guest mindfly

I'm just confused.. how will the lines look like...

thought im having?

holmstrom on 1st line or not?

could williams play on the 4th line - hard to believe a 1.5M player to be on the 4th

abdelkader will play in GR or?

will maltby be the extra forward or is the loyalty thing of too much importance?

will leino be a top6 forward?

will helm be able to play his natural position at Centre?

Guest mindfly

Seems its official and passed the physical, he's signed on the official website

It's official...Todd Bertuzzi's a Red Wing again

Posted by George James Malik August 18, 2009 14:20PM

Per the Red Wings' website: Todd Bertuzzi must have passed his physical.

August 18, DetroitRedWings.com: The Red Wings announced today that the club has signed free agent forward Todd Bertuzzi to a one-year contract. In accordance with team policy, additional terms of the deal were not disclosed.

This better not mean that Leino/Helm will be fighting for the 12th spot, i'd rather them bench Malts for the entire season if it came down to it.

Yeah, I'm really hoping (and thinking) Maltby has officially become the 13th forward. :)

Sorry Malts, I loved you in your prime but you were just wasted space the past few seasons!

And Luke Schenn is a player that will win more Norris Trophys than Lidstrom in his career. You can count on that.

What?

Kenny would have obviously have had to give something up, but thats the price you gotta pay to get a stud in return. Toronto needs to move a defensemen before the season starts so I'm sure that Burke would listen to all offers if they're reasonable.

Maybe a 1st rounder, and Zetterberg/Leino for Schenn and Garbovski.

That trade would really improve the depth on our team and would keep us in the cup hunt for years to come.

What? What?

Is this your idea of unintentional intentional comedy?

Guest mindfly

Maltby on the bench for the 09/10 season PLEASE... ignore the loyalty for once, get the best team on the ice.... no bulls***tin.

Guest mindfly
Well we just signed Jiri Hudler.

Just 7 inches taller, alot heavier, same talents, same flaws....

...for 1.5 mil

Yeah I'm about good with it

Not as good of a passer though, but bert is better at finding the net and score.