• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

We lost 88 goals and get back 76 goals - Good Job Kenny!

Rate this topic

Impressive off season considering the circumstances!

We lost:

Hossa - 40g

Hudler - 23g

Sammy - 19g

Kops - 6g

-------------

total 88

We gain:

Bert - 20g

Williams - 20g

Leino - 12g

Eaves - 8g

Ericsson - 8g

Flip will crack 20g with more ice time, adding an addition 8 goals from last year.

-----------------

total 76

We lost:

Hossa - 40g

Hudler - 23g

Sammy - 19g

Kops - 6g

-------------

total 88

We gain:

Bert - 20g

Williams - 20g

Leino - 12g

Eaves - 8g

Ericsson - 8g

Flip will crack 20g with more ice time, adding an addition 8 goals from last year.

-----------------

total 76

I hope more from Leino, and assume less than 20 from Willy. I think Filppula is pick up 25 goals though.

Didn't we win the 2008 Championship?

07/08 -- After I clicked "submit" I thought to myself,,,,,,"awww's***, now the thread is going to turn into a major f*** fest and pissing contest over a typo." Oooops, lol. This should be fun! :D

We lost:

Hossa - 40g

Hudler - 23g

Sammy - 19g

Kops - 6g

-------------

total 88

We gain:

Bert - 20g

Williams - 20g

Leino - 12g

Eaves - 8g

Ericsson - 8g

-----------------

total 76

Umm, I really don't mean to get into it again with you, but weren't you arguing with me pretty adamantly about how Holland shouldn't dare sign anyone and just bring the kids up?

So....Why the change of heart?

Edited by ShanahanMan

Add to this fact that Helm is going to be here ALL year and there is NO WAY Osgood has as bad of year (GAA-wise) as he did last year (could he?) So you can shave off atleast 20 goals from our Goals Against this year as well. I am excited to see how having three people that can screen the net also adds to our goals for. With Holmstrom, Franzen and now Bertuzzi who can all reek havoc to opposing goaltender, we should outdo the 88 goals lost and then some...

Holy cow I can't believe that he just about made up for the losses offensively. I always assumed that Hossa was never even worth throwing into the mix because we won the Cup just fine without him, but here we are, 12 goals less than last year, more new-blood, more grit, more players with more reasons to prove themselves.

This is going to be an interesting year to say the least.

Hate to spoil the fun, but there is some fuzzy math there, friendo.

You can't use actual stats on the players we lost, then utilize the wrong numbers for the players we gain.

Worse, you are "adding" players that were already here.

Bertuzzi had 15 goals.

J. Williams= 19

P. Eaves= 6

So, in terms of players we gained, we are removing 88 goals and supplying 40.

The other players you mentioned (Leino, Ericsson) had 5 and 1, respectively.

So even using the "we are adding Leino and Ericsson" line, you still only have 46. You can't say there are 76 goals replacing 88 without flubbing statistics.

Its my hope that we improve defensively. We scored 257 goals and allowed 184 goals when we won the cup in 2007-2008. Last season we scored 295 goals (a +38 improvement) but allowed 244 goals (a +60 difference). So in essence, we played WORSE defensively with the same team that won the cup the previous season. I think we should concentrate less on the scoring output from last season and concentrate on bringing the goals against down to the level it was when we won the cup in 2007-2008.

You can't use actual stats on the players we lost, then utilize the wrong numbers for the players we gain.

Bertuzzi had 15 goals.

J. Williams= 19

P. Eaves= 6

So even using the "we are adding Leino and Ericsson" line, you still only have 46. You can't say there are 76 goals replacing 88 without flubbing statistics.

Hossa doesn't count. He is, what we call in the math world, a statistical anomaly. :)

We lost 48 goals and supply 46.

We lost:

Hossa - 40g

We gain:

Well since your pulling 8 goals from nowhere, subtract 15 from Hossa since he is injured till at least Christmas.

Now your looking at 73 / 76.

BUT as wonderful as this may be non of it really matters once the real season starts in the spring.

Bertuzzi > Hudler

Williams = Sammy

Eaves > Kopecky

Hossa = was never actually a part of our future nor our past ... so not a great loss IMO.

As frustrating as Sammy was to watch at times, there is no way he is equal to Jason Williams. Sammy does everything better than Williams except skate.

I expect 15-20 from both Williams and Bert so even at 17 each thats 34 goals right there. Leino I would hope about 10-15, but who know maybe more so even at 10 now you are at 44 goals. Helm around 10? That's 54. Cleary is bound to have a better year. He only had 14 last year while the year before probably would have hit 30 had he not got hurt in TO. So 22 or so for him that's a plus 8 from last season, so thats 62 goals. And Eaves gets you 8 puts you at 70. And we can hope Hank and Fil have better goal scoring years than last. But still even at 70 they've only lost 18 goals. I would hope their D and goaltending would play better this year, they need to you can't have another year like that and hope to hold teams off. So even if they give up 20 less goals, which is 220 goals against which isn't good for a Wings team, that's a net gain of 90 goals while they lost 88. Not bad imo. People might not like the signings but for the cap space they had it's not bad.

Bertuzzi had 15 goals.

J. Williams= 19

P. Eaves= 6

No, the math is kinda good. He's pointint what we lost in the 2009 offseason and compairing it to what we gained in the 2009 offseason.

Bertuzzi had 15 goals.

J. Williams= 19

P. Eaves= 6

thank you for saying that. as a mathemitician the logic of this thread made me puke in my mouth a little bit!

Bertuzzi > Hudler

Williams = Sammy

Eaves > Kopecky

Hossa = was never actually a part of our future nor our past ... so not a great loss IMO.

you gotta be kidding me?!?!! while hudler is not exactly mr. popular around here right now, i think that statement is absurd.

in the last 3 years hudler has put up 124 points while bertuzzi has only put up 93. and before someone remarks that bertuzzi hasn't play a full season, why is that a good thing? why pay him that much money when he will just be injured half the time and we will need someone else to cover for him?

We lost:

Hossa - 40g

Hudler - 23g

Sammy - 19g

Kops - 6g

-------------

total 88

We gain:

Bert - 20g

Williams - 20g

Leino - 12g

Eaves - 8g

Ericsson - 8g

-----------------

total 76

I agree that Kenny did a good job as usual but that's fuzzy math. You are comparing the production of 4 guys with the production of 6. Also if you count Big Rig's goals you have to delete Lilja's (both of them). Also Bert hasn't seen 20 goals since before his back surgey 4 years ago. Williams has only scored 20 goals once in his 9 year career and that was 5 years ago when he had 21.

A little bit over optimistic but it's good to see optimism on LGW once and awhile

Bertuzzi > Hudler

Hudler scored more points last season with less ice time and inferior linemates so... no. In the playoffs he's not yet put together a run as impressive as Hudler's have been in the last two seasons.

He's a serviceable winger, he can score, and if he can stay healthy I think he'll fit right in, but he's not as slick as Rex.

in the last 3 years hudler has put up 124 points while bertuzzi has only put up 93. and before someone remarks that bertuzzi hasn't play a full season, why is that a good thing? why pay him that much money when he will just be injured half the time and we will need someone else to cover for him?

In the past three years Bertuzzi has player 149 games assembling 95 points. Hudler has played in 145 more games to only get 29 more points.

Taking size into consideration, Bertuzzi > Hudler.

In the past three years Bertuzzi has player 149 games assembling 95 points. Hudler has played in 145 more games to only get 29 more points.

Taking size into consideration, Bertuzzi > Hudler.

Fair point, but I would be curious to see the ATOI for the two in the same time frame.