• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Bertuzzi on WDFN right now

Rate this topic

Dear LGW faithful,

Could someone please summarize for those of us who don't have access to speakers or bandwidth capable of streaming, or are in Japan at the moment?

Thanks,

someone who doesn't have access to speakers or bandwidth capable of streaming, or is in Japan at the moment.

Edited by Echolalia

Dear LGW faithful,

Could someone please summarize for those of us who don't have access to speakers or bandwidth capable of streaming.

Thanks,

someone who doesn't have access to speakers or bandwidth capable of streaming

Agreed. They won't even let me access it cause I'm in Japan.

I am working - so I was only half-assed listening - but here it goes:

Basically he left in the first place because he was injured and wanted the security of the 2 year Anaheim was offering. He stayed in contact with Drapes, Ozzie, and Cleary

No matter who you are - the locker room is intimidating, lots of stars - past and present.

Good chance to win the Cup

Host (Matt Shephard) thinks Babcock is best in the business

Bert says too much leadership for production to slide.

Contemplated going to a eastern team, thinks this is better fit.

Did he apologize for ruining game 4 of the 2007 WCF?

I was thinking the same thing! :lol: I am sure he thinks about it often.

:huh:

I hope to see Bert show up and do his best this season. Perhaps he can avoid falling over his own goalie again, and other such illustrious moments on the ice this time around. ;)

Interesting that he kept in contact with Draper, Cleary and Ozzie. Those guys seem to be our recruiting team time and time again. They're good at what they do.

Also seems to me that that would mean there really wasn't any drama in Bertuzzi's stay. And we knew he only left because he wanted a longer term contract. The more I think about it the more I like this signing. He seems to really like it here, he WAS a good fit, considering he was injured. If he can stay relatively healthy he's still a more than solid 2nd liner who adds a bit of the "power forward" we sorely miss.

I really don't understand the ppl on this board who say they don't like players coming back and that Bertuzzi's first stint here was a disaster. They guy played 8 regular season games for us, coming off of a big injury. He only played 15 regular season games in 06/07 in total. In those 15 games he had 11 points which is pretty decent. He had a rough playoffs with a bad back scoring 3 goals and 4 assists for 7 points in 16 games.

I dont think it's fair to assess his time in detroit as a failure because it was so brief. Plus it appears as though the only thing that stopped him from resigning was that he wanted the security of a two year deal while the Wings were only offering a one year deal.

Im not the biggest fan in the world of Bertuzzi's but I think it's a solid signing at $1.5M/yr. I just don't think the bashing is warranted.

I really don't understand the ppl on this board who say they don't like players coming back and that Bertuzzi's first stint here was a disaster. They guy played 8 regular season games for us, coming off of a big injury. He only played 15 regular season games in 06/07 in total. In those 15 games he had 11 points which is pretty decent. He had a rough playoffs with a bad back scoring 3 goals and 4 assists for 7 points in 16 games.

I dont think it's fair to assess his time in detroit as a failure because it was so brief. Plus it appears as though the only thing that stopped him from resigning was that he wanted the security of a two year deal while the Wings were only offering a one year deal.

Im not the biggest fan in the world of Bertuzzi's but I think it's a solid signing at $1.5M/yr. I just don't think the bashing is warranted.

:thumbup:

We Have A Winner!

You sir summed it up perfectly

NO! Bertuzzi is a fail because nothing ever changes. If he was bad once, he will be bad again. Guys never have chips on their shoudlers, guys never want to do good in a new situation. I know for a fact right now, that he wont put up any points for us, because my, he was bad before - logic is never wrong. GRIT. GRIT. GRIT.

I hope you all caught the sarcasm before you got to this point.

Welcome back Bert. Can't wait to see you impress.

NO! Bertuzzi is a fail because nothing ever changes. If he was bad once, he will be bad again. Guys never have chips on their shoudlers, guys never want to do good in a new situation. I know for a fact right now, that he wont put up any points for us, because my, he was bad before - logic is never wrong. GRIT. GRIT. GRIT.

I hope you all caught the sarcasm before you got to this point.

Welcome back Bert. Can't wait to see you impress.

But isn't Dr. Phil always, always, ALWAYS and forever an Oprah-F^@%!~g pusswad who seeks to appeal to the prurient interests of post-menopausal obese frustrated housewives?

I win...somethings are forever....

A+

I actually thought given his injury and the time he played, his production was decent for us. At 1.5 Million, Bert will be a good addition for next season without killing us on the Cap.

I personally have hated Bertuzzi since the Moore incident and if he wasn't the premiere power forward in the league at the time, I truly believe he should have/would have been suspended indefinitely.

I'm not going to come here and bash Bertuzzi's play when he was here previously because it is what it is and he really didn't have time to shine and he was coming off an injury. And for the money, you aren't going to find many/any .75 ppg players sitting around willing to take $1.5mil and a one-year deal.

I'm definitely willing to give the guy a chance and hopefully he finds his game again in Detroit. Moneywise we have little invested and a lot of potential for return. Rosterwise, I really hope we don't force him into a top two-line position for a prolonged period of time if it doesn't fit. His style of play has never really matched the Wings, for better or worse, and I just hope we don't pull a Hossa and try to force chemistry if its not there.

Great signing for the money, Kenny. Now lets see if we can turn Big Bert's game around.

One thing you've got to say, the guy's good for an interview. Maybe it's just because people have painted such a negative picture of him even before the Moore incident, but he seems to really carry himself really well through these interviews. He exudes confidence and he's assertive and it doesn't sound like he's having to dig for answers. He just seems like a straight shooter.

But again, in terms of the signing, I'm fine with it. I think you're going to be hard pressed to find a better deal at this point for $1.5 million. He could really surprise some people this year. I think a lot more people in Detroit will like the guy by the time the season's over.

I'm really excited about the prospect of having Bertuzzi in Detroit for an entire season, not just a few games heading into the playoffs, but a whole season. :thumbup: I've got a good feeling about this.

I agree with you on this, but Flip's still overrated.