Guest blueadams

i'm guessing...

1-zetterberg

2-datsyuk

3-bertuzzi

4-franzen

5-williams

right?

I can't wait to see Hank pull off a few half-assed attempts at the Forsberg move!!!

It will be Pav, Hank, and Williams, but Hank just isn't that great at the shootout. Babcock needs to experiment with others in his place.

i'm guessing...

1-zetterberg

2-datsyuk

3-bertuzzi

4-franzen

5-williams

right?

Nailed it. Bertuzzi had 2 shootout winners on 3 attempts last year as a Flame (tops on the team), so he'll definitely be a staple of the shootout now.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams and Franzen switched in that order.

EDIT: Whoops-- glaring error: Datsyuk is always first in the shootout order. He's easily one of the best (if not the best) one on one players in the league.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Nailed it. Bertuzzi had 2 shootout winners on 3 attempts last year as a Flame (tops on the team), so he'll definitely be a staple of the shootout now.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams and Franzen switched in that order.

EDIT: Whoops-- glaring error: Datsyuk is always first in the shootout order. He's easily one of the best (if not the best) one on one players in the league.

Yup.

1. Datsyuk

2. Zetterberg

3. Bertuzzi

4. Williams

5. Mule

What chance is there that Draper gets one of the top 3 slots? :D

When he stops shooting the puck wide of the net every breakaway opportunity he gets. :D

Sidenote: Does anyone remember a few years back when someone created the thread entitled, "Book Titles You'll Never See?" I loved when some suggest the title, "Soft Hands, By Kris Draper". :lol:

Its going to be:

1) Pav

2) Hank

3) Williams

With Franzen, Filppula and Bert being the extra shooters, in no particular order, probably changing as the season progresses. I think everyone is a bit too critical of Zetterberg's shootout prowess. The guy has a great shot on both fore and backhand and has a head/kick fake that freezes goalies dead, he just really, really needs to stop trying the Forsberg move everytime. That move needs a goalie to be pretty antsy in the crease and has to be a once-in-a-bluemoon move like Pavel's drag move, right now Hank goes for the Foppa trick probably every other shootout.

I agree that many here are too critical of Zetterberg's shootout prowess. I on the other hand am less than impressed with what I've seen of Williams, I searched Youtube and many other sites to see what JW brings to the table in terms of shootout moves, and frankly I was bored. I would like to see Babcock go with whoever has the hot hand at the time. I would like to see Filppula, Franzen, and Leino get a few cracks at the shootout this year, we all know the Mule has great hands, I've seen Leino's shootout move from last pre-season, and Filppula has some nice moves on breakaways and the penalty shots he took in 07-08. But, I have a feeling Babcock will stick with the same shooters all season regardless of results, and I have a sinking feeling that JW will be the 3rd shooter. :(

When he stops shooting the puck wide of the net every breakaway opportunity he gets. :D

Sidenote: Does anyone remember a few years back when someone created the thread entitled, "Book Titles You'll Never See?" I loved when some suggest the title, "Soft Hands, By Kris Draper". :lol:

Hey, I remember last year he scored on a breakaway by firing a slapshot. Apparently, his slapshot is more accurate than his wrister, which is kind of strange since it's usually the opposite for every other player.