• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

russianswede919293

McCarty likely to retire

Rate this topic

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/08/it...hat_darren.html

He shouldn't have any problem finding a spot as an assistant coach with a youth hockey program, getting into scouting, broadcast media, or working as an equipment representative for Warren-based Warrior Hockey

I personally hope for this one. Maybe he could do the interviews between periods.

Didn't he do some Radio broadcasts with Ken Kal this past season? I think I remember driving home from and IHL game a few times to turn the Wings on and hear him broadcast a few Wings games. Maybe he could get into that, he wasn't all that bad. Maybe he can find a position with the Wings in the front office or an on ice consultant or something. Best of luck Mac!!

Love ya, Mac! Always a Red Wing in my heart. :wub:

SCPMacsmile.jpg

SCPmacfist.jpg

I am thrilled he retired a Wing but even more thrilled that he got a second chance -- not only at his beloved hockey career. He was also able to save his own life and to be with his family again. It doesn't get much better than this, when it's time to leave.

Best of luck, Mac, you won't be forgotten!

Edited by puckloo39

Didn't he do some Radio broadcasts with Ken Kal this past season? I think I remember driving home from and IHL game a few times to turn the Wings on and hear him broadcast a few Wings games. Maybe he could get into that, he wasn't all that bad. Maybe he can find a position with the Wings in the front office or an on ice consultant or something. Best of luck Mac!!

It was with Paul Woods, as Kenny was out with laryngitis, again. Paul did a great job sliding into the big chair and D-Mac did a fine job as the color guy. He really seemed to have a knack for it. It was during a West coast trip as I remember driving home after 11pm EST and the game still being in the first period. It was interesting some of the insights that a rostered player had to give, and the way he was calling out some of his teammates for blowing coverage on a play or two. If I recall he called either 2 or 3 games.

I wish him luck in whatever he does. Let's just hope that he stays local. A really great guy on and off the ice.

...about 10 years too late. Goob Bye McWaste of Roster Space!

:ranting:

That might be the s***tiest post anyone has ever made here.

The guy was an important player on the team for over a decade and was still a good player 10 years ago. He was also a good team guy and the fans loved him. He retired exactly when he should have and 36 years old is younger than when most players retire nowadays.

What the hell was that post all about?

Edited by GMRwings1983

:ranting:

That might be the s***tiest post anyone has ever made here.

The guy was an important player on the team for over a decade and was still a good player 10 years ago. He was also a good team guy and the fans loved him. He retired exactly when he should have and 36 years old is younger than when most players retire nowadays.

Ah, man. That's the tip of the iceberg. I've never seen someone with so much dislike towards McCarty. Check out the thread "Nickname Sweater" he can't be reasoned with; he simply doesn't acknowledge D-Mac's accomplishments.

LeftWinger is a part of a cult in which members hate for apparently no reason.

He's shown this with Hudler and McCarty so far. He also has a friend who hates Lidstrom for no reason.

It's ridiculous. There's always a reason.

Ah, man. That's the tip of the iceberg. I've never seen someone with so much dislike towards McCarty. Check out the thread "Nickname Sweater" he can't be reasoned with; he simply doesn't acknowledge D-Mac's accomplishments.

Or Hudler's. Apparently they double teamed him in the butt. Now was Hudler the top or bottom piece of bread?

I will always love Mac. Even though I'm sad to see him go, I'm glad that he had his Swan Song. He lived, he loved, he lost, and he lived to love again.

He is an inspiration to those of us who daily fight the battle to stay a step ahead of our daemons.

He was a great part of this team and its history. He will live on in the hearts of those whom he has inspired by his play, and by his life.

Best wishes, Mac.

The Wheel is on your heart forever.

Side note to Leftwinger: Give me a break and don't call me out. I'm f***in' drunk.

Edited by 55fan

Side note to Leftwinger: Give me a break and don't call me out. I'm f***in' drunk.

Never! Enjoy! Cheers!

To all others, no I cannot be reasoned with, I respect everone who loves McCarty, but I have never liked him. Do I repsect some of his "big" goals and "big" fights? Sure, still doesn't mean I have to like him... Goodbye Darren, you'll always have Grinder to fall back on....oh wait, you suck at that too.... Goodbye! Good Luck! Remember, you cannot file bankruptcy again for 8 years!