• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

I doubt anyone will look in here but whatever...

I was wondering what your largest league was (most participants) when playing fantasy hockey, and what everyone thinks is the ideal size for the type of league they play in.

Thanks!

#2 Decoy Jones

Decoy Jones

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

I've played in a league for the past 3 seasons. The 1st season there were 8 players. The 2nd season added 2 more and then 2nd more for the 3rd season. All in all I like the 2nd season the best. 8 players allowed for too many quality players to be picked up at anytime during the season. 12 players was just too many because the talent pool was too thin.
I haven't won or even been close to winning any season so take that into consideration. I may just totally suck thereby making my thoughts null and void.
The Redwings don't rebuild, they Reload!

#3 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

all depends on how big your team roster is. Larger group of teams, the smaller your roster should be

#4 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

I've been in a keeper league that just finished up its seventh season (eighth year - lockout) that's got 15 teams with 20 starting positions and three bench spots. Naturally, it goes very deep into the talent pool. I like it though - there is a LOT of free agent activity and it encourages trading.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users